Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So... got some work to do.

abbypoo - My liquid diet starts on Aug 13 and my surgery date is Aug 20. The liquid diet will continue for 4 weeks past Aug 20.

Thank you! Breaking through to 399 will be a great feeling and then hitting my 100lbs lost at 389!!

Jason, losing nearly 100 pounds BEFORE getting the band is 100% proof that you will succeed! What does your wife say about all of this?

My wife, Dana, is very supportive of just about anything I do in life. She is & will always be my best friend. I share everything with her and this is no different. We both are trying hard to lose weight. She started at 230lbs & is down to 203lbs. She is a type 1 diabetic being diagnosed in 2006. It is difficult for her to lose, but she is committed to her well being. Dana lost her mother in 2003 to type 2 diabetes & watched her for several years deteriorate because she did not want to care for her disease. Dana is determined not to follow her mother's footsteps in that manner. We are both improving our health & quality of life for one another & our two children! She tells me that she is nervous about the actual surgery, but who isn't nervous about having a procedure done on a loved one ya know? I keep assuring her that all will go well & we will be home together soon afterwards. She will be there waiting for me to get out of surgery, of course.

Jason

Well... was I shocked today when I went to weigh in! This past week I ate a bit more than normal. I continued to eat healthy, but still took in more than I have in the past few weeks. I was wondering if I would simply flatline or perhaps gain a lb or 2. Much to my surprise I lost 8lbs!!! This puts me at 82lbs lost in 15 weeks! I was pleasantly surprised to say the least! I start my liquid diet this coming Thursday & am due for surgery on the 20th still. I am ready & waiting!!! I hope everyone is doing well & will talk to y'all soon.

Jason

Jason,

OMG, your loss is wonderful. I know you have worked really hard. Congrats to both you and your wife. You are doing such a great thing for your family. Best wishes always. :unsure:

TPG

That's awesome Jason! You continue to amaze and inspire. I'm counting down the days with you now. Sounds like you have a great support system in place, you and your wife are going to be very successful together. :w00t:

It is getting real and very close... I start my liquid diet tomorrow. I have been reading my instructions and it sounds like a blast! HaHa!! I have the Pre-Op class tomorrow from 10:15am to 5:00pm. Should get a good bit of useful information. Talk to you soon!

Jason

Jason,

You are doing so well on your weightloss! What are you doing to lose that amount of weight in such a short amount of time. I am so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!

Jason,

I'm getting so excited for you.

Donna

You go Jason and U Rock!

We both have six days to go !

Good Luck:thumbup:

Hey & thanks for the messages!

dgrimes - Heck yeah! Are you ready or what? I am pumped. I started my Pre-Op diet today and am not too excited, but found that the Protein keeps me full for a while. Drink Drink Drink!!! I got a lot of meds for after surgery today too... Yeesh. I was given two liquids, injections for control of clots, anti-nausea meds etc... Small price to pay I suppose, but it sure seems like a lot of stuff to take. Anxiously waiting...

Jason

I am nearing the end of my first day of the liquid diet. I must say that it is not as bad as I had imagined it being. The Protein Shakes are very important... they help the hunger really by taking it away. I drink water/tea in between with some sugar free Jello and I have been doing very well today. The worst part is when you get hungry your immediate reaction is to eat... then you remember... oh yeah! That realization bites, but other than that HEY!!! I got this! We will see if I feel the same on day 2, 3, 4 etc... :)~

Jason

Jason...just want to say you sound awesome. Good luck, getting the surgery was the best thing I have done as I am sure it will be for you!

WOW, Jason, 82 pounds in 15 weeks. That is just AMAZING! Congratulations and I wish you the best of luck as you continue on this journey!

I am nearing the end of my first day of the liquid diet. I must say that it is not as bad as I had imagined it being. The Protein Shakes are very important... they help the hunger really by taking it away. I drink water/tea in between with some sugar free Jello and I have been doing very well today. The worst part is when you get hungry your immediate reaction is to eat... then you remember... oh yeah! That realization bites, but other than that HEY!!! I got this! We will see if I feel the same on day 2, 3, 4 etc... :thumbup:~

Jason

I only had to do Clear Liquids for 2 days pre-op.....but I have to say the sf popsicles and sf jello really helped get me through without feeling like I was starving to death. Just keep your eye on the prize. You can do this!!!!