Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So... got some work to do.

Hello everyone. I was banded on 12/2/2008 and Im doing great. Im down from 264 to 204 and loving it. You will go thru some ups and downs but just take day by day and be happy and BLESSED. I've started my weight loss journey blog page and would love for some of you to join and talk with me about your band and everyday life.

www.weightlosssurgery2009.blogspot.com

Im currently at 6cc in my band:thumbup:

have a great day everyone

christy

Hello Christy! 60lbs I'm sure feels awesome and I am happy for you! I will check out your blog and be sure to keep this post in mind as I will be adding to it each week. Thanks for jumping in here! Again... congrats on your success so far with your Band!!!

Jason

Hey everyone! I forgot to post up again yesterday... I think my memory is going with the weight. HaHa!! I lost another 4.4lbs and hit a short-term goal... I crossed the Halfway Point!!! 51.5lbs in 7 weeks!!! I was excited to see that. I have started doing weight training three days a week now and it is pretty cool. I still do treadmill the other 4 days.

In case some of you have not looked I posted up a recent pic in this thread. For me it is located on page 2... not sure if it is different on other computers or not. Anyhow check it out and now you can put a face to a name. Remember... you will be seeing less and less of me as the weeks pass by! lol Talk to you all soon and have a great night!

Jason

Jason,

What a great job you are doing!! I'm happy to hear you may be banded in August. You have a beautiful family - just think how much more you can play with the kids once the weight is off(I have a 4 year daughter too and can't wait to play more).

Good Luck!!

Thank you for the compliment! I hope all is going well with you after your band. Let me know how you are doing up till now if you don't mind.

Jason

you go jason!.. i am waiting for approval from my insurance co, and have decided that even if they don't aprove me, i will do a 2 week liquid protien diet and ease into Atkins after that as a way to once again punch away at my weight loss....with or without the band.

i'm with you either way! you can do it!

-kat

Kat- that is great that one way or another you are doing this journey. That is motivation. I sometimes think that the band to some people, even after all the pre op counseling think the "band" is going to solve their obesity. That is wrong! It is way more than that. It has to do so much with your mind set and how you approach your new lifestyle. Keep us posted on your journey. I was banded on 5-14-09 and prior to surgery lost about 12 lbs and am now down 30. Heather

Jason- Sorry to us your space to write to Kat. I am and continues to be impressed with peoples motivation. It is interesting. Some people it's a vanity thing, some its health related, some do it to please others and some do it to please themselves. Some of use do it for a lot of reasons. ANd this is the site that keeps us grounded. TO know that ther are others who are taking the same journey as we are and to know their trials sometimes makes mine seem less difficult. Your story is very motivating though, in a different way. To see where you started and to read your progress is awesome. To read about how much you have lost pre banding. My doctor ordered weight loss pre surgery was 12lbs. And to hear that you have lost 60lbs. WOW.

Sorry this was long. Anyways, KEEP IT UP! Heather

Hi Jason, wow you are doing great. I just found your thread for the first time, and you sure are well on your way. Talk about motivated! I'm looking forward to reading more from you (maybe you should start a blog if you haven't already!)

:sad:

Howdy Howdy!! I got quite the surprise yesterday at my 8 week weigh-in. Last week was my first week doing weights at my gym and I was very curious to see how this would affect my weekly weight loss. Much to my surprise it helped this week... 7.5lbs!!! So this brings the grand total up to 59lbs in 8 weeks!!! I am excited! I made my appts yesterday also for my pre-op testing. Things are starting to roll in the right direction.

This week alone my BMI went down 1 whole point... I have gone from 74 to 65. My surgeon wants a BMI of 60 before doing surgery so I am well on my way! Talk to you all soon!!!

kat, hsj, & Hel - Thank you all for your responses... y'all are awesome!!!

Jason

Jason- Keep it up. Sounds like you are doing wonderful. It does help the weight loss to mix things up at the gym every now and then. Helps to work those different muscle groups. Take care and keep it up. Heather

Well this morning I went to the hospital for the first part of my pre-op tests. I did the abdominal ultrasound, chest x-ray, & upper GI series. Let me tell y'all (for the ones who don't know) that Barium you have to drink is so YUMMY!!! LOL j/k but it was not as bad as I thought. Radiologist said things looked normal, but he would send a full report to Dr. Fox Monday or Tuesday. Next week I will finish the respiratory part of the tests. Also on the 29th of June I take the 1st of 2 parts to the psych tests. I am not sure why it's 2 parts, but I will soon find out. Anyhow it was interesting when I got to the upper GI series... the table was limited to 300lbs so they decided to do the entire test while I was standing. It all worked out ok. Took me about 2 hours today... not bad at all. I sure was ready for something to drink after not drinking anything for 14 hours. HaHa!!

hsj - Thank you again for your encouragement!!!

Jason

Hi Jason. Been following your progress - you are amazing!! It is obvious how committed you are to having this done and changing your life. Your day will be here soon. Thank you so much for sharing your story with us - it has motivated and inspired many people. So proud of you!! Keep up the good work and take care. Becky

Jason - you are doing FANTASTIC! way to go --- you have grabbed that bull by the horns and are telling it what! I too am impressed by your commitment ---- the future is bright for you!

Becky & paisleypea - As you both know encouraging words mean more during this process than just about anything else. I have said it before & plan on saying it 7,384 more times.... THANK YOU!!! Your continued support coupled with the support I am getting at home gives me all of the motivation I need. I decided on Apr 27 this year that I am not willing to look back at the old me. This feels so much better than sticking myself on the couch with a plate of food! Thanks again for following me in my journey!

Talk to you soon!

Jason

Hi Jason,

Just checking up on you (in a good way :crying:) and see you have the first part of your psych eval today-- hope all went well (and interested in why it is 2 parts hmmmmm). Look forward to reading from ya!

Keep up the great work :rolleyes2:

Hel