Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

possible reasons why the weight isn't coming off

I have been reading this new book called the Stubborn Fat Fix.

It discusses all kinds of foods and how they affect your body. For example, think about the meat you eat- the animals were fed antibiotics that cause them to gain weight and it gets passed to us. So I am trying to make sure the meat I eat is antibiotic and hormone free. I think the ONLY way to know for sure is making it yourself.

The lost goes on about so many foods.... I will post more later ...food for thought

I have been reading this new book called the Stubborn Fat Fix.

It discusses all kinds of foods and how they affect your body. For example, think about the meat you eat- the animals were fed antibiotics that cause them to gain weight and it gets passed to us. So I am trying to make sure the meat I eat is antibiotic and hormone free. I think the ONLY way to know for sure is making it yourself.

The lost goes on about so many foods.... I will post more later ...food for thought

Sounds feasible and interesting, but how do you make meat yourself? If you mean eating meat prepared at home versus a restaurant, that's one thing, but I would bet virtually ALL meat that we buy at the store also has hormones and antibiotics in it.

And that is why I am a vegetarian, you would be so surprised of all the junk, some I'm sure we aren't even aware of, that are fed to animals.:rolleyes2:

Sounds feasible and interesting, but how do you make meat yourself? If you mean eating meat prepared at home versus a restaurant, that's one thing, but I would bet virtually ALL meat that we buy at the store also has hormones and antibiotics in it.

Beth, I'm pretty sure she means "growing" your own meat and processing it at home.

Here piggy piggy! And "careful where you step," outdoors, now brings on a whole new meaning! LOL!

Tho I know in my area- rural, mountain, we've got lots of folks who raise their own beef, pork, etc. but I can't do it. I'd make pets out of everything. I couldn't send the cow off to the butcher once I've raised the dang thing!

And of course, in our area, we've got wild pigs, deer and turkeys we can hunt. That's always a good source if you're skilled and so inclined.

Some stores are now carrying "clean" meat options but not many and it's expensive. Probably easier for most people to just reduce the amount you eat and buy the "clean" options when you can.

Beth, I'm pretty sure she means "growing" your own meat and processing it at home.

Oh, wow, I didn't even think of that! I guess it's because I live on a patch of ground the size of a postage stamp. :blink:

No, you can purchase it at the market. I don't know what each state has, but I have seen Laura's ground meat in our local Kroger.

I know Whole Foods Market also has many items like this.

Wherever you live you can google or do some calling.

All I'm saying is to think about all the places you eat from, because you never know what is in it.

It sucks because this kind of meat is more expensive- but if you have the means to experiment and switch to this way of eating for a little bit, it might help a few lbs. Of course there are so many things to do in addition like eat more naturally, stay away from additives, chemicals in foods that we don't know what they mean and hydrogentaed stuff.

Oil was a lesson for me. For instance, they say olive oil should be drizzled because the heat alters the substance. Just random things like that are in this book.

Hi there, I don't know about where you all live, but here in Michigan we have a lot of deer. We have been eating Venison for the last 6 years, all hunted, natural and corn fed (reg grown corn- nothing added). The meat is VERY lean (I don't even have to drain the hamburger) and it tastes pretty good. I usually add some beef flavor to the burger, but the tenderloins are fantastic. I am interested in beefalo, but it is farmed- so probably has additives. But if you know someone who hunts, you could get them a permit and pay for the processing, which is still way cheaper then buying beef.

I am interested in beefalo, but it is farmed- so probably has additives.

Not necessarily. I'm sure you'd be able to find one that doesn't use additives. We had one in our area but they not longer exist.

I need to check it out more but there is a rancher near here that only grass feeds his beef and he's all certified. I need to just order some of his beef and go from there.

We just recently switched over to homegrown meats. We butchered our own steer and pig a month or so ago and can really tella difference as far as even the quality of the meat. That was one thing that I always hated was the additives that was put in our stuff. We even bought chickens to raise for their eggs....I am trying the whole natural approach in hopes that will help my family get back in shape and cure some of our ailments. Will let you know over time. We are going to be planting a garden as well...we hope. Boy I am glad we bought the 2 acres years back..who knew it would come in this handy...