Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded 7 days ago, stace W.A. Australia

hi, im Stacey, 31, mother of 2 and had my band done this time exactly 7 days ago, first 4 days were hell, and a little better each day after that, had excrutiating pain from trapped air after surgery, so bad i was re admitted to hopsital, thought my left shoulder was giving birth and my chest going to expolde.

was on Optifast diet for 2 weeks prior and combined with the 2 weeks and now 1 week post op have lost nearly 10kg's.

Im frightened its going too:scared2: fast which isnt the "ideal thing" is it? anyone else concerned with this?

I had my surgery 4/7 I have lost 12lbs this week! I know that will change once more substance is added. Before my procedure we follow the strick south beach phase one but I have heard many people have liquids before as well. Must depend on the doctor. I have had no probs yet and hope not to. Well other than wanting terribly to chew something!!!!I wish you luck

WOW !! 12pounds, thats fantastic, well done, i know it will change aswell once we have the fill but any loss is better than no loss or a gain.

My op went ok, no probs there but i found from awakening from the anethsthetic, i was in screaming agony, the morpened me up and oxygen etc but my left shoulder was going to burst, becaue of the air they pump into your tummy during the op, it can take up to 2 weeks for it to completely be rid of or absorbed, in some it is more severe, lucky me, for the 4 days following the op 24 hours straight, i was in pain and had nausea, has anyone else had this?

i actually was re admitted by the emergency dept as it was so severe, i thought i was having a freaking heart attack.

but 7 days on, am now almost there, cant wait to see result weeks on.

it's so exciting, wish i had done it years ago.

again, good luck to you, did our op go all to plan?

Yeah so far no probs..When I was waking up I felt the same with the pain but I havent even taken anything for pain meds since that first day..Everyone is different. Everybody warned me about the gas pains and shoulder pain but I got very little. I know I am lucky. I wish you well and will look forward to later post telling of your progress:)

Congratulations on your surgery.

Stacey, my partner was banded on the 9th and she has had exactly the same experience. In her case, it was Days 5 and 6 that were really bad for her (though she had continuous pain through to then) - the nausea, heaps of bloating and gas pains - she kept saying that she thought she might be having a heart attack too. Yesterday, she was vowing that she would have the bloody thing removed. Great to hear you're doing better. Lisa's doing better today too - we hope this means a turning of the corner for her. My turn comes April 23 - I am a little scared now after seeing her go through it.

In case it would help you, if you go HERE you'll find a forum of us all going through similar experiences following banding in April.

Also, have added your name to the list of April Bandsters HERE. (I wasn't sure of your surgery date - was it April 6?)