Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Those that have had surgery this week

kishaadamshall

I agree with the others when I say that you had stuff comming out of one of your incisions I was a bit concerned you definately need that looked at. Sounds like you Dr. put some Fluid in at surgery and did an unfill when you went back to the hospital. I got antibiotics while in the hospital and 7 days worth after comming home.

Please take it slow.

I go for my post-op appointment this afternoon and hope that teh Dr. removes my stables they are bothering me the most. I also hope to be put on mushie foods or at least full liquids. Oh and that he's happy with the weight loss I've had I cam out of the hospital bigger then I went in due to the fluids but I've lost that and some weight so hopefully he'll be happy.

My surgery is tomorrow...can I just tell you I have elephants in my tummy, not butterflies. I go see my doctor in about an hour and a half. I'll just be so glad to be on the other side of this surgery. I'll keep everyone posted. My surgery is the 22nd at 11:00 <sweatin> lol

I love this thread, keep it going!!! I go in in 6 days~ It's good to hear all of this.

Congrats everyone, keep up the hard work!

I was banded on the 16th. I'm very happy to say that I feel pretty normal today. I've been burping (not very ladylike :smile:) on & off all day and still some port pain. But other than that I feel a ok.

I just got off the phone with my nurse. It appears that the info I was given by the dietician (slimfast, carnation instant Breakfast sugar free being ok for this stage) does not agree/jive with my Doc's views. He wants Clear Liquids only for 2 weeks, no milk products. I'm a little worried about how I'm going to feel energy wise giving up my Slimfast/CIB, I've only had 1.5 servings at the most per day.

As of today I'm 26 lbs down from my highest weight in 1/09. I weighed myself the day after surgery and from that weight I'm down 12 lbs. Which I know is a lot and I don't expect that rate to continue.

I have my follow up appt on the 28th.

My follow-up went well the Dr. acted like he didn't remember telling me Clear Liquids for 2 weeks after surgery. I asked him how to continue he said you got the guidelines didn't you follow those or don't it's your choice........:smile:

I was like what? I'm going to full liquids till Friday or Saturday end then to mushie foods for 2 weeks like the general guidelines say.

Myturn... Make sure you get a Protein drink you can mix wiht Water I got Isopure Alpine Punch not great but it's Protein and I also had a protein shot that I got from Walmart looks like a test tube taste like liquid Jello a little to sweet for me but I used them.

I had surgery on the 16th. It went well. Showed up at the hospital at 7am and at about 8:30 the put me in a room to wait. I think I was there about an hour and then they wheeled me in to the surgery room and last thing I remember is talking to the anethesiologist and then waking up in the recovery area. Then it was a blur, pain meds, some being awake, then sleeping again, then pain med and going back to sleep. Finally they said my room was ready and by then it was 1:30 in the afternoon! Saw my husband and daughter as they wheeled me into my room and they were pretty anxious as they didn't know all that time I was okay, just waiting for a room to be available! Had a lot of shoulder pain and some pain in my abdomen area, but worse of all was the dry throat!!! I wanted something to drink very badly and was hoarse when I tried to talk. Then about a half hour later I got up and walked the halls (with pain med surging through my veins). Everyone was so surprised that I was walking, but I remembered everyone saying how much differnce it made with the gas pain. After that, I rested and finally got some ice chips, the BEST ever!! Then walked, rested, walked and rested and slept pretty good. Then they gave me this little tiny medicine cup to drink sips of Water or broth out of. Went home the next day and the pain has continued to lessen as well as the gas with each passing day. At first I felt hungry, but not so much anymore. food looks good and I am cooking for my family, but no real desire to eat it. My doc requires a week of clear liquids, but I can use skim milk in my Protein shakes, otherwise just broth, Jello, etc. I am 5 days post op and feel great. No pain now but my incisions are itchy as heck. I have a post op visit tomorrow, so hopefully will be on mushies, but all in all, it has been a really good experience for me. I am happy I did this and look forward to continuing the journey.

Oh. one weird thing is that my port site is located about 5 inches under my RIGHT breast area. from what I have read, I think most people have theirs on the left. But so far, no port pain so I am not complaining!

Thanks to everyone for sharing your stories.

Scooby my port is just a bove and to the right (my right) of my bellybutton. Glad to hear that other than waiting on a room that things went well. Aren't those blank bits kiind of wierd last thing I remembered is someone telling my I got something to put me under as I came throught the door as I was rolled up next to the OR table I don't remember getting on it or anything else till I guess I said I needed to potty in recovery things were kind of foggy till I got to my room also could be the moraphine the nurse pulled out of her pocket whne I was iffy on if I was in pain.

JT- thanks for the Protein shot info. I may have to go that route. I seriously can not stand to drink a full glass of that whey protein stuff. Still waiting for my darn samples to arrive from Vitalady. I did get some fruit juice flavored ones to try. I'm going to say the chocolate truffle ones until I'm on full liquids.

Scooby my port is just a bove and to the right (my right) of my bellybutton. Glad to hear that other than waiting on a room that things went well. Aren't those blank bits kiind of wierd last thing I remembered is someone telling my I got something to put me under as I came throught the door as I was rolled up next to the OR table I don't remember getting on it or anything else till I guess I said I needed to potty in recovery things were kind of foggy till I got to my room also could be the moraphine the nurse pulled out of her pocket whne I was iffy on if I was in pain.

Hey Jaytee,

Glad to hear that you have a port placement like mine. Makes me feel better.lol Yes, those missing pieces of time are definitely weird. I was so paranoid about getting a catheter I peed before the surgery and told everyone I saw so they would know I would not need one. lol

Are you still on liquids? I got the okay to move to mushies today and ate a scrambled egg that tasted like the best food in the world! lol Some bean Soup mushed up at lunch went down okay too, but it is still weird cause I don't know how far apart to space my bites. So I sort of just wait a while in between then take another one. Still req'd to do the Protein Shakes once a day too. Such a learning experience.

Hey Jaytee,

Glad to hear that you have a port placement like mine. Makes me feel better.lol Yes, those missing pieces of time are definitely weird. I was so paranoid about getting a catheter I peed before the surgery and told everyone I saw so they would know I would not need one. lol

Are you still on liquids? I got the okay to move to mushies today and ate a scrambled egg that tasted like the best food in the world! lol Some bean Soup mushed up at lunch went down okay too, but it is still weird cause I don't know how far apart to space my bites. So I sort of just wait a while in between then take another one. Still req'd to do the Protein shakes once a day too. Such a learning experience.

My doc was kind of weird about my diet plan. When he released me he specifically said Clear Liquids NO Soup Tuesday he said cointinue wiht the general guidelines I asked him full liquids for 2 weeks and then mushie foods and he cameback with didn't you get a copy of the guidelines use those........:rolleyes2:. So I went to full liquids Tuesday afternoon and will do those till pobably Saturday, I start back to work tomorrow and don't want any suprises to and from my body at work.

Switching from clear to full liquids has already thrown my body in the bandster hell which is frustrating so soon but on clear liquids I haven't had energy to do much so let's hope that I get hat back and start moving more.

Switching from clear to full liquids has already thrown my body in the bandster hell which is frustrating so soon but on clear liquids I haven't had energy to do much so let's hope that I get hat back and start moving more.

JT- do you mind me asking what happened when you switched to full liquids? Gas? Bloating?

JT- do you mind me asking what happened when you switched to full liquids? Gas? Bloating?

I didn't have any gas or bloating but BM's are fewer, sorry if TMI, and my weight loss has stalled but it's only been 2.5 days and I know I shouldn't be weighing so much. However I do have some more energy. I go back to work tomorrow and starting mushie foods on Saturday.

Hi JT,

I started full liquids today. I'll be on those for 2 weeks. I had gas and bloating right off the bat. I tell ya, the feeling of having to burp and not being able to is the pits! :thumbup: I'm told if I walk a lot it should calm down in a couple of days. Since my surgery was yesterday I haven't had any bm's yet. Hopefully that will help with this bloated feeling too.

Now you know you shouldn't weigh yourself too much. I think they say 1 -2 pounds a week, so, sounds like you're on the 1 a week plan for now. I bet when you get your first fill you will lose it faster. I hope the info has helped. I'm jealous that you get mushy food on Sunday, lol. :thumbup: Keep up the good work JT!:smile:

Terri

Columbus, Ohio

Scooby, I'm so glad to hear that someone else felt "hungry" after surgery. I was a little nervous because I'm feeling hungry. <sigh> now I feel better, lol.