Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Adelaide Bandsters???

Hey BM09,

I was banded by Dr Bessell on the 4th of Feb this year, so you aren't far behind me. How are you going with everything?

I have had my first fill and was supposed to get another a couple of weeks ago, but Dr Patroney couldn't get the needle in the port. Going back this week for my second fill under x-ray and can't wait - I've gained weight cos I can eat so much before I am satisfied :cool2:

I don't live in Adels, I'm in Roxby, but am in Adels often for band fills and appointments!

You are doing so well with your weight loss! Keep it up :lol:

Hi Guys, I was also banded by Dr Bessell on the 25th February. I live in the Hills. Will be going in for 2nd fill on the 22nd and can't wait as I am not loosing...

Suzie

Hey Leah & Suzie

I live in the Hills too - Stirling.

My first fill has sort of worn off - I had great restriction in the first couple of days but I don't have that anymore. Although I am a lot tighter than I was, I can still eat quite a bit and can still eat quite quickly.

Looks like you were in with Patroney for your first fill the day before me, Suzie...

I was actually supposed to be banded on 26 Feb but there was a problem :thumbdown: got sent home at 8.30pm and re-booked for 4th March.

For the last 3 weeks I've been sticking around 102.5 - 103.5kgs so I was hoping the fill would unstick me but I haven't seen any movement as yet - can't wait to get into double figures.

Well keep in touch...

BM09

My first fill certainly hasn't done much either... still able to eat more than we are supposed too, and able to eat almost everything. My weight is stuck too!!

I am in Meadows.

Suzie :thumbdown:

Hey Guys, wierd we were all banded by Justin! I was banded 28 Jan, heading in for a fill tomorrow, onto my thrid one now! I started off at 124 now down to just over 104 so getting there :thumbdown:

I have been asking at the clinic to start a group? anyone else interested in catching up??

I would love to be in a group, but with living in Roxby it doesn't work for me unfortunately! We should definitely keep this thread running though, its great to see what others have to say about their experiences.

How much fill does everyone have now? I had 1.4ml in my band from the operation, and have had another 2.4 put in, so I have 3.8ml in there at the moment. Pretty sure I will be getting another 1.4ml on Thursday, cos thats how much Dr Patroney wanted to put in when she couldn't get the needle in the port.

Hey I had 1.6 from the surgery - didnt even know i had any! Then she put in 2.4 to make it up to 4.0 then the next fill she added 1mL so in total i have 5mL. Today I see her again and am guessing she is putting some more in but no idea how much! If anyone uses msn - message me to add you, i found having some mates u can talk to more easily is fantastic!

Em x

How much have you got now, Angelwithhorns?

I got my second fill today. Turns out I had 4.4ml in the band, not 3.8ml. I got another 1.4ml so now I have 5.8ml. Dr Patroney had to do it under the fluroscope, because my port is twisted, apparently. It was cool to see it on the screen, anyways.

Dr Patroney recommended I stick to soft foods for the next 2 days to get used to it. I tried potato wedges for lunch, well chewed... Won't be trying that again! It got stuck BAD and I vomited 3 times. Thats the first time I have had something stuck so bad I brought it back up.

liquids are fine, and I just tried some diet choc mousse, and that seems to be ok after 15 mins...

Hey Leah,

Call me Emma! I got 0.6mL in so in total have 5.6mL now! So far so good except for a few mins ago had a handful of hot chips and had a sip of OJ and it wouldnt go down it just sat there and i burped a little bit and after a few mins it went away so i think im officially full now! No dinner for me!! How did you find the fluroscopy? Thats what Im studying at Uni atm, to become a Radiographer!

Hi Emma - Emma is much quicker to type than Angelwithhorns haha.

Yes, I think my hot chip eating days are over, which probably isn't such a bad thing. Easier to resist the temptation now! I had Pasta for dinner without a problem. I was worried I was going to have to go back and have some Fluid out, so glad it is fine.

The fluroscopy was good, and I'm glad I got it done now cos I could see the port and the tube and how it is positioned. When I had my barium swallow I was intrigued by the whole thing, despite being in horrible pain!! You'll be sitting pretty when you get out of uni, radiographers are a rare breed these days, aren't they?!

waiting for my second fill on the 22nd, only have 3mL and my weight loss has stopped.

Hey Suzie, mine stopped for a bit too so dont stress. Just have a look at wat your eating i found i was drinking too many calories!!

Leah, have u had any probs with food yet? i havent execept for them hot chips and they went down fine i think i just had too many oops lol. Yeah I was amazed at my swallow too, I knew the Doctor doing it cos i worked at Wakefiled as a student so he talked me through all ym anatomy was heaps good! Yeah im getting into a good line of work thats fr sure!!