Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Finally a date!!!!

I finally have a date!! April 10th. 16 days!!! I can't wait, I am so excited. Yesterday I thought I would have to another 3 - 5 weeks, then today I have an April date! I am very excited!!

Has anyone gone back to work, a desk job, 3 days after surgery?

:huh2::lol::):lol::eek::lol::heart::lol::eek::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I finally have a date!! April 10th. 16 days!!! I can't wait, I am so excited. Yesterday I thought I would have to another 3 - 5 weeks, then today I have an April date! I am very excited!!

Has anyone gone back to work, a desk job, 3 days after surgery?

:huh2::lol::):lol::eek::lol::heart::lol::eek::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Congrats! I am so jealous. I'm still 13 days from my consultation with the surgeon, but am trying to be patient.

I'm also hoping to be able to go back to work soon...like surgery on Wednesday, back to work Monday. I have a desk job and I've heard of others that have done it. But, we'll see.

CONGRATS!!

Will be up to your surgeon when you go back to work - mine said up to two weeks. He said first week walking to the letterbox will be exhausting and you will need a nap after lunch. I hope to be up and about second week doing stuff I need to get done - taking advantage of the time off! ha ha. But don't forget its a huge psychological thing to get around - more time off the better!

I going to sound like a whiner. I have BCBS and the process really did move forward quickly. The snag I had was my PCP. He outsourced my chart being copied and it took almost 6 weeks of chsing them. The first few weeks the company didn't come in to make the copies. Then when they made the copies they sent them to Altanta, I live in Michigan, and mailed me a bill to pay them $29.18 for the copies before they would send them to the suergeon. Once I paid online the very da I rec'd the invoice they snail mailed it to the suergeon.

So, with the whole process of 6 and half weeks I shouldn't complain. It really depends on your insurance company.

I am glad to hear other people have done it before. I have scheduling issues at work and cant be gone. If I hadn't taken this date, I would have had to wait until May. I just wait to dive in and get through the first 6 weeks of post-op ASAP. I will let you know how I do.

Congrats on getting your date! I am scheduled for April 16th and I was SO happy when I finally had an actual date!

My insurance is BS of CA and it was pretty fast too. I started the process by attending a seminar by my surgeon on January 5, then proceeded to get all the medical tests that the insurance required done. Got approved by insurance on March 10th.

Hang in there and it will happen. Just seems like forever when you are in the process and waiting.

:cursing:

Congrats on getting your date! I am scheduled for April 16th and I was SO happy when I finally had an actual date!

My insurance is BS of CA and it was pretty fast too. I started the process by attending a seminar by my surgeon on January 5, then proceeded to get all the medical tests that the insurance required done. Got approved by insurance on March 10th.

Hang in there and it will happen. Just seems like forever when you are in the process and waiting.

:)

Scooby, wow your time fram is even very similar to mine. I went to my first info meeting in Jan. Had my first appointment with surgeon Feb 18th and found out on March 2nd that I was approved and my surgery date would be April 16th... that is so sooo weird. I too have BCBS and the lap band just started being covered this year. The only reason it is now covered is because ( I work at the hospital) the surgeon went to Human resources people and told them if he was going to perform this surgery at the hospital there was no way they could not allow the employees to get it too. So needless to say I am very grateful to him for that :cursing:

We have the same date provided I get my final clearance from Cardio waitig for results of a stress test.

Scooby, wow your time fram is even very similar to mine. I went to my first info meeting in Jan. Had my first appointment with surgeon Feb 18th and found out on March 2nd that I was approved and my surgery date would be April 16th... that is so sooo weird. I too have BCBS and the lap band just started being covered this year. The only reason it is now covered is because ( I work at the hospital) the surgeon went to Human resources people and told them if he was going to perform this surgery at the hospital there was no way they could not allow the employees to get it too. So needless to say I am very grateful to him for that :smile2:

Jen, that is too funny...we definitely have similarities! I had initial consult with surgeon on Jan. 29th, then had all the labs, EKG (which came back abnormal for some reason), had to see a cardiologist for a strss test which showed my EKG was normal, thank goodness!, then chest xray, dietician appt, psych eval and approval on March 10.

That is so cool how the doctor made sure employees can get the surgery too! I can see why you are grateful to him!!

Well, next is the pre-op appt. next Tueday. I am hoping I start on April 2nd just like you...then we can compare notes all along the way! It feels so much better knowing someone who is going through the exact same thing at the same time.:angry:

Jen, that is too funny...we definitely have similarities! I had initial consult with surgeon on Jan. 29th, then had all the labs, EKG (which came back abnormal for some reason), had to see a cardiologist for a strss test which showed my EKG was normal, thank goodness!, then chest xray, dietician appt, psych eval and approval on March 10.

That is so cool how the doctor made sure employees can get the surgery too! I can see why you are grateful to him!!

Well, next is the pre-op appt. next Tueday. I am hoping I start on April 2nd just like you...then we can compare notes all along the way! It feels so much better knowing someone who is going through the exact same thing at the same time.:smile2:

I still have a few appointment follow ups to finish. April 1st I go back to the cardiologist for the results of my echo. April 6th I go back to the pulmonologist for the results of my sleep study (this is the second one, I had one 3 years ago but he wanted a newer one...I was not happy about that :angry:). And then my final pre-op appointment with the surgeon is April 8th. I also have a hari appointment on april 3rd and my hair stylist has also had lap band sugery a few years ago...LOL. And lastly our monthly support group meeting just happens to fall on April 14th....2 days before surgery :w00t:. but yes we have to keep each other posted.

April 6th I go back to the pulmonologist for the results of my sleep study (this is the second one, I had one 3 years ago but he wanted a newer one...I was not happy about that :ohmy:). quote]

Sounds like a pain to have to get another one done. Was that a requirement of your insurance co. or just your doctor wanting another one. I didn't have to have a sleep study, but I know that I probably have the apnea thing. My husband says I snore a lot and that sometimes I wait a little between snores and then have a really loud one. I am sure the study is not fun to go through. How the heck do you fall asleep when you know you are being monitored?? Well, good luck with the other appts. I am sure they will all come out fine. At least with each one, you are getting closer and closer to our date!:tongue_smilie: