Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

MAY 2009 Bandsters - shout out!!!

I'm getting banded tomorrow, May 8th..... Finally after 1 1/2 years of waiting. Let's hear it for us May Banditos! :)

Hi Mac, I'm so glad to know that I'm not the only one different with the liquid pre-op diet. I found out today that I only have to do Clear Liquids the day before surgery. Were you just banded this week? How are you? Are you in pain?

Hi Mac, I'm so glad to know that I'm not the only one different with the liquid pre-op diet. I found out today that I only have to do clear liquids the day before surgery. Were you just banded this week? How are you? Are you in pain?

Hi Schurchwell1,

I didn't have to be on any special diet, just nothing to eat and drink after midnight on Tuesday. I was banded yesterday and think I'm going quite well. The only pain I have is when I change from lying, sitting or standing. When I am sitting or laying down, no pain. It aches a bit when standing, like gravity is pulling everything down. Best of luck to you!

It sounds like you are doing great!!! Congrats. I have really been afraid of the pain/nausea. I'm very nervous. Sometimes I feel better after reading posts but sometimes I feel more afraid. I'm so afraid I won't lose weight. I weighed in at 211 at my surgical consult. Would love to lose about 70!!!

It sounds like you are doing great!!! Congrats. I have really been afraid of the pain/nausea. I'm very nervous. Sometimes I feel better after reading posts but sometimes I feel more afraid. I'm so afraid I won't lose weight. I weighed in at 211 at my surgical consult. Would love to lose about 70!!!

I feel I'm doing well too. Very happy that the pain is low. Even yesterday at the hospital I felt it was never above a 3-4. No nausea but taking it very slow and following all the instructions. I feel bad about not walking more but plan on upping it tomorrow. I want to lose about 70# too and when I read some of the posts worry just a bit but felt a lot better when the PA that checked me yesterday morning used to be my surgeon's PA and talked as if I'd be skinny in no time. :)

You are very reassuring about the pain and nausea. I am on an insulin pump for diabetes so I have to check my blood sugar often, esp that first day post-op. Getting off this pump is the number one reason I have chosen to be banded. Keep me posted about your recovery. May 20th is coming soon!!!

I'll definately keep you posted. The weight loss I'm aiming for is for health reasons too, not cosmetic. That's just the bonus. And I hope the 20th comes quickly for you. I'll be back to work on the 18th.

you and me both girl!!! i gotta be there at 930 am....so scared......lets do this...BAND SISTERS!!!!

Don't worry, Whatever496. You'll do fine!

Hi. I just found out on 5/5 that my denial has been reversed and I have been approved! Got a call from my surgeon's office yesterday with a surgery date of May 19th! I'm freakin out a little because I wasn't expecting it to be so soon. Any advice?

Hello,

I had mine done May 4th. I would be glad to be part of the May's group. How do I keep up with them? I'm new to this and web page. Thanks for any help.

sapphire12305@yahoo.com

Hello,

I was banded may 4th. I'm on my 5 day out. I'm still having some pain and all. Each day is better then the day before. I lost 7.5 so far. I'm glad the nausae part is jsut about gone, it was terrible for the first few days. I never did get sick, but felt like it. How are you feeling? I go back to work on the 18th to. I feel a little weak this morning, How do you feel? I'm not sure how to check these messages again, I'm new to this site, usually just go to the chat part. here's my email address sapphire12305@yahoo.com

Hey everyone!!! I made it!!! It has been a tough week!!! THe first couple of days after surgery really were hell!!!! But today 5 days post op I'm not feeling to bad!!!! Still sore of course, mostly at the port site!!

I fell so bad for you guys that have to do a liquid diet before hand......no liquid diet here, just low calorie....it was nice because the day before surgery I had a nice low cal meal.....

Surgery went really fast...I was the first pt....they took me back at 06:30...went into the OR at about 08:15 and next thing I knew I was waking up and it was 09:40...quick!!!

Well I hope e veryone is doing well....let me know if anyone has questions maybe I can help if you are about ready for surgery!!!

Scheduled for May 21st!

Started liquid diet today (but was close to it before today).