Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I PB alot, but I am always hungry????

I am not sure what to do. I am scheduled to get a fill on Wednesday and I don't know if I should. I had a bad experience with an overfill in December and I don't want that to happen again.

I seem to pb alot. I have mastered the art of getting it back up quickly and then I try again. I have a very fickle band. Sometimes I can eat with no problem and sometimes I can't. If I can eat, I eat way too much. It doesn't seem to stay with me for long and I eat again. If my band is being fickle that day, I keep trying to find something that will go down. I think that I am chewing really well, but I don't know if I will ever get used to the very small bites so I know that I need to work on that.

I don't like how much I am eating so I want to get a fill, but on the other hand, I am pb'ing alot.

What to do?

Hi Bella:

You definitely need to find that comfort zone because Pbing is the one thing we shouldn't be doing alot of. Keep practicing on the lil bites of food. I have experienced that not chewing food small enough and its a terrible feeling. Watch your portions try a smaller plate and say once I finish this that is it. Good luck!

Hi Bella. I am in the same exact place that you are. My band is very moody also. Some days I can eat anything... and I think I need a small fill. Then the next day, I have trouble eating anything - my band is tight... PBing....and I know I don't need a fill. I do take tiny bites, chew lots, and wait between bites. On the days that my band is loose, it is hard to keep my portions at what they should be. Having a moody band makes it hard to plan, eat, and keep track of what you are eating. I like having the restriciton, but wish it was more consistant. I just keep thinking that I'm still learning and take it one day at a time. I know my post is no help to you, but just wanted you to know that you are not alone. I will be watching the replies you get. Good luck to you!!! Becky

I have the same problem and find myself cheating the band now out of frustration. I don't know what to do either. some days i'm so hungry I could eat anything... the next day I throw up a cracker... as a result I have been bad and am losing my strength to fight the food demon.

I'm trying to pull my self together again and find support. I'm frustrated. I can't believe a fill is my answer, as I said some days I can barely get down liquid. Any suggestions would be helpful, I need help... big time.

Thanks.

I am a newbie, I will have my surgery on 3/30, so I am asking a incrediably STUPID question....What do you mean by 'PB-ing'?

k

Pbing is when your food has trouble going down and it stands for productive burp. You keep burbing and spitting up slimy stuff and sometimes throw up what you just ate.

I wish I knew what the "sweet spot" was because its seems that when you are "restricted" that just means that you have trouble eating. If you can't eat food that keeps you full longer then you end up eating more and more often. I just want to feel full and not stuck!! I guess someone told me once that we have to listen to your body when its full, you will know and that the "old" feeling of full is not what we are looking for. I know that sometimes I keep eating because it tastes good and I want that old feeling of fullness.

I am falling into some bad eating habits (snacking alot) because I don't feel full for very long after I eat. I have got to get control of this or I am going to start gaining weight back.

Boy was I sick last night. Had chicken for dinner and got so sick. I was hungry. Perhaps I ate too fast. Well it got stuck, thought I was gonna "die". Took about 45 minutes for the feeling to pass. This is the second time since surgery(2/2/09)this happened. What did I do wrong?I never want to feel like this again.

I had a week of Pbing. I could not keep Water down down or anything. I changed my eating times at work around but it did not help. I called the clinic and she said where is your Protein. da. I just said I can not keep anything down. So she suggested I call the doctor so I went in and he said maybe a virus. He changed my meds. I went from eating everything to nothing. It is so hard to realize full now. The only thing I notice now is maybe some burping and then a feeling in my throat so I stop then but it is so hard. Everyone else is still eating and I am done. I did manage to go out last night and really eat. My hair dresser has notice that my hair is changing. So what do you do with no protein in and having a hard time taking pills? I have heard some people say drink things room temperature but I have found that water with lots of ice helps my stomach settle. Any suggestions? I love the weight loss but I am not sure I would do this again.

I have had the same questions. What is the difference between getting STUCK and getting FULL? I get stuck fairly often. Sometimes it will pass, sometimes I need to bring it back up (which is surprisingly easy to do). I agree that feeling full like we used to after two pieces of lasagna and garlic bread is not a feeling we'll be having any more. We have to learn to recognize a new feeling where we've eaten enough and better stop. My problem is that I usually recognize that with a mouthful of food that still has to go down! Its all just a learning curve I guess, and until you get some serious restriction, you can't relate. I also find that I get hungry again quicker than I used to. I'm not one to go hungry, so I find a suitable snack to tide me over. I know that starving will never work for me long term, so I don't even bother.

I have spent the last hour googling for someone who is experiencing what I am. I found you. I was feeling the exact same way. Went for a fill today but wasn't really sure I should. I had only lost 2 1/2 lbs in six weeks. Got my fill but I feel not restriction right now. It scares me.

I had my surgery 1 and a half years ago. Have lost 111 lbs.

I had my surgery 1 and a half years ago. Have lost 111 lbs.

Stownsent - I am curious about where you are in this process. It sounds like the band has done well for you, since you have lost 111 pounds, yet you say you don't feel any restriction. Are you saying it used to provide restriction and now it doesn't, or are you saying you lost the 111 pounds without much help from the band? Do you still have a ways to go beyond the 111?

I cant eat chicken at all. Its weird because I havnt really had a problem with much else except chicken. I get so sick on chicken. I dont know why.

Same thing is happening with me.

What scares me to death is gaining weight! I've gained 7 lbs in a month!

I'm hungry all the time but will still pb on chicken and many things.

I have a very fickle band as well...sometimes I feel way too tight in that I take two bites and get stuck..pb and then try to eat again.

I'm HUNGRY...I wasn't like this 6 months after my band surgery but now the hunger demon is back....I'm scared.

I don't want this hunger to come back like it was before the band.:thumbup::scared2:

Where is that not hungry feeling? Satisfied? Not waking up thinking of food?

Trying to get a grasp on this...at least now...I know I'm not the only one.

I'm going back to the Dr. in two weeks..I have a two hour trip one way to see him and no other Dr. any closer, so it's hard to stay close to him or any other bandsters.

Hang in there everyone...we will find a solution.

I travel a little over an hour to see my doctor. I have an appt. on the 8th for my fourth fill. I havnt lost much weight and I am getting frustrated. I was in the chat room and someone said (I forget who) that the first few months are the time when you are supposed to lose most of the weight ...to call the doctor. So I did. He said he will check things out when I come in. I think I have restriction (hence the puking on chicken) but the weight isnt coming off..I am at the same weight for about two months now. Maybe the fourth fill will do it but I dont know. Keep posting on progress!!!!

I have had some trouble with PBing over the past month or so. Gained 5 pounds after not being able to eat hardly anything for 5 weeks. I have now lost those 5 and am headed to the doc today for a tiny fill. I am close to that sweet spot but seem to over shoot by just a bit right now.

I think it is so important to be working closely with your doctor to get to that perfect spot. We want to lose weight but we want to be able to eat healthy too.