Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yes! I've lost 27 pounds in exactly a month from when I started the pre-op diet until now, three weeks after surgery. I feel great. And I just can't imagine not having done this.

If I had to go back, the only difference would be I would get the surgery that shapes your stomach like a banana, more invasive then the band, less invastive then bypass. But I would get surgery of ANY type- and would have done it sooner!!!

I would do it again in a second! I am down almost 50 pounds and I feel so much better! I actually cleaned my house from top to bottom today. No way did I ever have the energy to do that before!

Absolutely! I am down 61lbs I was motivated pre-op and lost 35lbs and I am still motivated and I have lost another 26lbs. I have so much energy that I cannot sit still. I am at the gym so much I think my DH will forget what I look like. I am also going to start training for a 5K run next month. Prior to all of this there would be no way I would even considered it for a minute. Restriction is a great thing too!

For instance I received my EOB yesterday for $81K saying it was my responsibility and it did not shake me up. This is between my insurance company and the hospital. The insurance company even told me not to worry and I am not. Prior to this I would have been a complete basket case and I would eat everything in site. Not today! The time on the phone with them was the right amount of time I needed to eat my healthy lunch :scared2:

To the OP -- absolutely yes, I would again get some sort of bariatric surgery. I don't know if I would go with the band, but at the time it was the best option for me. If my insurance would have covered a VSG I would have probably gone that direction.

I'm almost 2 years out. I had a slip and a revision, but despite the complications this has been one of the best things I've ever done for myself.

Definitely would have it done again. Got to goal in 7 and a half months and am the lightest I've been since I was 16, which was over 13 years ago.

I am only 5 days post of and have terribe gas and dry gas heaves....................so I'm going to have to get back to you on that.

Kerrie:eek:

Jodi,

I love your tracker......what website did you go to? There is one site called ticker tracker but they don't have anything as cute as your.Can you email the web site? ejoytice@aol.com thanks!

Just go here:

Weight Loss signature tracker

As one who basically hates his band, in spite of liking the results, I would say yes... I'd do it again.

I went in informed, in spite of being a private pay and very fast from pre-op consult to surgery. I knew well what I was in for. I don't like how the band affects social situations, I don't like pain when I eat, I don't like gas - I did it because I felt it was time and I needed to do something, and the band was the least drastic of the options.

So for that reason, yes I would do it again.

Most definately!! Without any hesitation whatsoever!!

Although, I would be less agressive with fills initially. It actually slowed down my weightloss because of the acid reflux, which was a result of being too tight.

YES! I am definitely pleased with my decision to have the lapband surgery and would do it all over again. I have been a little disappointed in my slow weight loss, but I recognize that it has been my fault. The only thing I would change is that I would have done a pre-op diet.

I am definitely excited about my new journey...

If I had to go back, the only difference would be I would get the surgery that shapes your stomach like a banana, more invasive then the band, less invastive then bypass. But I would get surgery of ANY type- and would have done it sooner!!!

I agree, especially for self-pay people. For Insurance people, they probably don't have this option, just depends.