Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my surgery in May 2008, I started at 216 pounds and now weigh 135. I've gone from a size 20 down to a 5/6. My problem is that I can't eat more than a few tablespoons of food at a time. I don't have a problem drinking and have lately not been eating very much, just drinking Boost. There are some days that one Boost is all that I can keep down. I don't feel bad at all. I had some blood work done at a health fair at my work, my triglycerides and cholesterol levels were all high. My blood sugar was fine. I'm confused by high levels and am wondering if I'm setting up myself for future problems. My mom has heart problems, kidney failure, and diabetes, so I'm getting a little worried. Has anyone else run into any problems with high levels in blood work?

I'm currently reading The Lap-Band Solution and Dr. Paul O'Brien recommends eating three small meals a day. He defines a meal as one that would fit into half of a standard sized glass. It sounds like you are in danger of becoming malnourished. I would definitely recommend you contact your doctor ASAP and discuss this with them. I'm not expert, but it sounds like you are overfilled.

The Lap-Band Solution Book, Dr. Paul O'Brien - Centre for Bariatric Surgery, Obesity Support Book

I agree with Guy. Also the triglicerides, etc could be genetic and not affected by what you do and don't eat. You should talk to your PCP about that as well.

I agree completely. You should also get a full blood work up and have you Vitamin levels tested. Believe it or not if you dont eat enough you will not lose any weight. Your body thinks is starving and stores you food as fat. From my experienc it sounds like your too tight. See your doc as soon as possible. Good luck and take care

I agree with the general consensus. You need to keep yourself healthy and your high levels need to be addressed. No better way to do that then to be proactive. You have also lost a lot of weight in less than a year so there is definitely an impact.

Have you been diligent in getting in your Vitamins daily? If so, great, if not, I would just pick up today and make sure it is a part of your daily routine.

Although I know it is a little scary after losing so much, you might want a small unfill. Maybe just enough to start picking up a healthier diet but maintaining your weight where you are now.

I was in your same shoes and lost the weight in less than a year and had to relax the band a little. The strange thing is, even though I was seriously panicked about a small unfill and put it off forever, I needed it and found I could maintain or even continue to lose with less of a fill. This was easy because I was just able to eat more healthy things like Proteins and veggies that didn't have a negative impact on my weight.

wow going from 216 to 135 is awsome. that is exactly the weight i started and want to be at. so tell me how the weight came off and what have u been eating besided boost for the last 9 months. r u working out? ur doc will probably look at all ur labs and if all is normal will want to put u on a cholesterol lowering med.

Hi, GuyMontag

I'm going in for my lap-band with Dr. Watkins @ Cincy Weight Loss on Fridaythe 13th. You're the first person I've found that went to him, too...any advice? I really liked meeting him and his staff but I'm still a little nervous about the surgery. Thanks!

OnMyWeighDown,

CincyWeightLoss does my fills. I transferred to them last year and could not have been happier with the choice. They are excellent to work with and the office staff is very responsive to email, phone calls, etc. They have even waited late for me one night for an emergency unfill.

They are definitely a great choice for banding and you should consider yourself lucky for choosing them as your provider.

I am SO glad I got banded by Cincy Weight Loss. Everything has just been amazing. My surgery was 'perfect' according to Dr. Watkins and I've healed amazingly fast in the the three weeks since my surgery. I got my first fill last night and so far I'm doing great. A couple of suggestions I would make are, first, you're going to be nervous...this is totally natural and everybody goes throught...I'm sure you'll do fine. The second thing is, once you're banded, focus on healing and don't be discouraged if you don't lose weight like you were or if you even gain weight. It's very normal to stop losing weight until you start getting restrictionn through fills. Other than that, I wish you the best and I'm sure everything will go fine. Congrats!

Thanks for everyones comments. I am making an appointment with my Family Doctor. I haven't had a fill or any adjustments since the end of July. I moved to an area in Louisiana where there aren't any doctors doing lap bands yet. I'm going back to Minnesota in April for a visit and will see my surgeon then also.

Hi I have high triglicerides & cholesterol too but if you drink any alcohol within like 3 days of blood work the triglicerides go way up I have found. I get high cholesterol from eating processed foods & pre packaged stuff plus fast food. I harley ever eat any meat besides chicken breast so it's not from meat. Whenever I'd so th South beach diet my blood work came back great, so eating whole grains & the right carbs & not too much alcohol really helps me with that. Maybe you can ask your doctor about that.