Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Exercise challenge

Today was the last day of our swim clinic. We got taped underwater. People who are good swimmers were very impressed with my elbows on my stroke. :crying: That was fun. But my excess skin RIPPLES around my thighs when I swim and that was distracting.

I didn't have time to read everyone's posts since I went MIA (my battery on my laptop is dying). I hope everyone has been going strong or at least back on track. Though I have been gone, your wonderful words of support and encouragement were not wasted. You guys helped me so much. I decided to go back to Curves and do the Curve Smart program. It is wonderful! I lost 8 pounds since starting. Thanks you guys. I think I have found my stride and will try to post more often. Bless us all.

Yay! Congrats to you for getting it moving - keep up the good work! :mellow:

Continuing to walk and row - used a different machine at the gym this weekend and got totally different numbers...of course that could have been because DH was playing with the resistance setting on the machine...can I just tell him to LEAVE MY ROWING MACHINE ALONE?

I accept the challenge ---my first exercise challenge. I will just be walking, but for me that is a good start.

What are a challenge guidelines? report in once a week , daily or just what works for me. I am a "rules person" so if their are none I will make and post my own LOL

Thanks for the encouragement my husband tries to encourage but depending on the day it comes across as loving or NAGGING.

I accept the challenge ---my first exercise challenge. I will just be walking, but for me that is a good start.

What are a challenge guidelines? report in once a week , daily or just what works for me. I am a "rules person" so if their are none I will make and post my own LOL

Thanks for the encouragement my husband tries to encourage but depending on the day it comes across as loving or NAGGING.

Hi Cindel, and Welcome!

I post multiple times a week - some of our more dedicated veterans post daily. It's their way of being accountable - they don't want to post that they haven't done anything, so they work out. :mellow:

Walking is a great start - I don't know if you saw my other post about my Bodybugg fitness tracker, but when I walk, I burn more calories than just about anything else I'm doing. Walking is a great way to get stronger - just take it easy at first, try to be as consistent as you can, and either up the speed or the distance when you feel it's getting too easy.

Good shoes are a must! I would recommend getting fitted for your first pair by a knowledgeable retailer, and then you can search EBay for future pairs after you know what size and model fit you best to save some money.

Good luck - looking forward to your first report! :blink:

What are a challenge guidelines?.

no rules, other than personal accountability:)

welcome!

today -

2.5m bike warm up

1hr session w/trainer - same as saturdays session: 45mins: squats/lunges/glutes/hamstring - all resistence; 15min ladder drills

Track workout today. I tried out my new HRM. Still not sure how to use it and I seem to have lost the "Chrono" function. It's just gone. Oh, the coach said I'm running faster. I was tickled pink.

Mornin' Warriors!

Had a good workout day yesterday...walked in the morning with DD, DH and DDog, then did my hill walk at work at lunchtime.

When I got home, I felt like walking again, so I took DDog and got in another long walk like I do on the weekends before it got too dark. I know he can use the exercise, and so can I!

Felt great - and the scale is moving again...I'm nearly to my next goal, and by my weigh-in day on Monday, I think I'll be there! :tt1:

Today is my swim day. I swam almost 1.5 miles in the time it used to take me to swim 1 mile!

Today is my swim day. I swam almost 1.5 miles in the time it used to take me to swim 1 mile!

Go Mac Go! :)

Keeping up with my walking routine - mornings, lunchtime, and the past couple of days I've walked when I got home as well. I'm halfway through a killer Statistics class that is taking up a lot of my evenings, but once that's over (about 5 more weeks) I'm going to add some weight work back into my routine.

Keep up the good work, everyone!:cursing:

i signed up today w/my friend to do Water aerobics on wed mornings....i have such public pool issues; what kinda suit do you wear? i'm guessing i have to get a new one.

yesterday - 55min treadmill walking intervals of incline 7.5 - 9.0 / 3.2 - 3.4 speed.

today - 2.75m bike warm up * i notice my quickie warm up before training my level is 9. i remeber when i was happy to get to 4 or 5:)*

1hr training session - *same routine* 45min resistance mostly lower body; 15min ladder drills

20min treadmill walking - 7 incline / 3.0 speed

Just broke my February numbers!!!

March so far

233 miles biking

58 miles running

9000 meters swimming

*doing a Snoopy dance*

I did have to get a new one. It's a Speedo one piece. Nothing fancy, but it has a nice cut.

Today I biked at the gym. It was the first time I used my new HRM on the bike. Apparently I burn less calories on the bike than the machines day.

So far: less biking, more running. Next test: swimming!

i signed up today w/my friend to do Water aerobics on wed mornings....i have such public pool issues; what kinda suit do you wear? i'm guessing i have to get a new one.

Check out the sporting goods stores and ask if they have "lifeguard" style suits - they don't ride up, you can move in them, and they cover the important parts :crying: They are also sometimes made of different material and hold up better against the chlorine and such that is used in indoor pools. When I worked as a lifeguard, I went through suits like changing my clothes - the chlorine just kills the "consumer" suits. Once I broke down and paid some money for them (unfortunately, they are NOT cheap all the time) they lasted years instead of weeks.

Just broke my February numbers!!!

March so far

233 miles biking

58 miles running

9000 meters swimming

*doing a Snoopy dance*

Go Kago! Go Kago! That's awesome!

Hi everyone! Welcome Cindel! Congratulations to those of you who have broken or are near breaking your personal records and meeting you personal goals. Getting under 200 lbs must be great. I haven't seen it since my freshman year in college when I gained my "freshman 15 and two more other people's 15 lbs.

I worked out four days last week. Monday, Tuesday, Friday and Saturday (Curves Smart) It kicks my butt everytime. I used to brag that I don't sweat when I work out. Can't say that nonsense anymore. Walked during lunch at least one day, maybe two days. I feel good about my accomplishments. Ebony, you are doing great! You are on your way to a healthier/thinner you!:thumbup:

Thanks to you all for being there.