Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Octuplets Mom...Should she...?

Should Nadya (Mother of 14) have her children taken from her?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Should Nadya (Mother of 14) have her children taken from her?

• Yes
    • Yes, but not all of them.
    • No
    • I am undecided.

I wanted to start a Poll: Do you think that Nadya deserves to have her children taken away from her? Does she deserve to have these children?

I am undecided. It is a tough decision that I wouldn't want to have to make. Ideally the children should stay with their mother but they deserve to be cared for properly. I do believe that she went into this fully expecting to "strike it rich" with at the very least freebees and money from the media. It turns out she did not.

If she can not find a way to support her children without expecting handouts then the children deserve a better chance at life. I don't think that children need to be showered with all the best and generally think that most kids today are spoiled but if the mother can not provide the basic needs-food, clothing, shelter and medical care then they need to go with someone who can provide it and a truly good mother would make one of these two things happen for the sake of her children.

I think she needs to have them taken from her. In fact some of the newborns are ready to come home, but they are refusing to release them to her from the hospital until she can meet like 7 pages of things. She has her 6 kids living in a 3 bedroom home. They are living off of government assistance and student loans. She shouldn't have even tried for 1 baby let alone implanting 6 embryos! Now she's beggin for help, donations, and California tax payers are having to pay their hospital bills? That isn't right. Those kids deserve better. She has more than one special needs child and I, having one myself, know that caring for a special needs child takes a lot of time, time that is taken away from all her other kids, or time that is not given to the special needs ones. There is no way, mentally, emotionally, and finacially she can care for all of her children. It's just crazy to me. I mean who paid for her plastic surgery, her INF treatments, and her manicures? It's just crazy.

I am undecided on this one too.

Now if octo-mom does not have the resources available to support her children and this causes neglect then yes, place the children. Let's be clear about resources; food, clothing, diapers, car seats, doctor's care, transportation, housing, nannies/care providers, volunteers to help with the kids and house work and the list goes on and on.

However, if octo-mom some how comes up with the donations and volunteer crew needed to support and nuture the children, then the children should stay with her.

I have no doubt, that there are plenty of religous and non-profit agencies that will help her out. I also believe people will send money to help support the children as long as the money goes to a foundation or trust fund for the kids.

I work in the judicial system and see dependency actions all the time here in California and our elected local judges will not take children away from their parent/guardian unless an alegation of abuse or neglect can be substaniated.

A phycologist has already submitted a a claim to CPS. Right now she is living in a 3 bedroom home with her 6 kids and her parents. non of the kids have their own bed and she doesn't even have cribs or carseats for the 8 she has now. I just worry about her children. They said in the last psych eval they did that she said she was depressed and having suicidal thoughts. I just want the kids to be safe and to get all the love and attention they deserve...it's sad for them. Even one of her younger kids said that when the new babies come home mommy wont have time for us anymore and we're going to move and we don't want to move. We're going to be lonely...that is sad to hear from a child. Nadya is selfish in her Quest for babies...

I feel really torn on this issue. Obviously, she needs help financially, physically and mentally. I believe she's going to get the financial and physical help because of all the "big" names that have spoken out in her behalf. There's no doubt she has a screw loose. She doesn't think rationally and has very little sense of reality.

On the other hand, she's not the worst parent in America, although, at this point, she's probably one of the most infamous. If she gets (and I think she will) the physical and financial help the children are going to need, I can't see them being taken away from her.

I wouldn't be surprised if the children end up in foster care for a short while though. It doesn't appear that she's jumping fast enough to grab onto the help that's being offered. I don't think the hospital will release any of the babies to her with the living conditions she and her other children are in now. In the end, I believe, she's going to get housing and money for plenty of live in help.

I

On the other hand, she's not the worst parent in America, although, at this point, she's probably one of the most infamous.

Yep, so true. I have seen worse in the judicial system. We have parents in homeless shelters with their kids, which are under CPS monitoring. We have drug addicted parents going through the system who still have their kids.

I agree, if she can get her living arrangements in order, she will keep her kids. Let's hope that if CPS presents the case to the judicial officer for consideration, that the case plan includes some serious individual and family therapy.

I wouldn't be surprised if the children end up in foster care for a short while though. It doesn't appear that she's jumping fast enough to grab onto the help that's being offered. I don't think the hospital will release any of the babies to her with the living conditions she and her other children are in now. In the end, I believe, she's going to get housing and money for plenty of live in help.

my good friend takes newborns in while they are "in process" of adoption or other custody legalities. she's raised her kids and just loves babies - she was meant to do this & we get to enjoy babies all the time as her girlfriends.

that said - i vote yes.

a house & a job isn't enough for me. she needs to be cleared by a team of psychologists that have determined she is capable of raising 1 kid - let alone 14.

a house & a job isn't enough for me. she needs to be cleared by a team of psychologists that have determined she is capable of raising 1 kid - let alone 14.

I agree. Just having a home and money doesn't mean you should have children. Everytime they ask her anything, it's like I am ready and things are fine and rainbows and butterflies, but when the reality kicks in it is going to kick her butt! She's not being realistic in how things are going to be...

my good friend takes newborns in while they are "in process" of adoption or other custody legalities. she's raised her kids and just loves babies - she was meant to do this & we get to enjoy babies all the time as her girlfriends.

I could never do this. I would become so attached that I would not want to give the babies back. :(

Your friend has a big heart. Being a foster parent is one of the hardest thing a person can do.

I mean I kind of understand that her reality isn't kicking in yet because they are still in the NICU, but my son was in the NICU for 4 months and then in the PICU for another 2-2 1/2 months, but reality kicked in for me fast. I cried a lot and I cried often...it's good to cry and to break down in those situations...your body needs it.

I agree with both of you on her mental state, but I just don't know that her delusional optimistic attitude rises to the level of taking her children away, if she has the means to care for them. It's a tough call for me.

I also have a friend who took long term foster kids. In the end, she adopted ten or twelve of them at various ages. She had one biological child. I believe, over the many years she was a foster parent, she had approx 50 kids at one time or the other. Some she adopted, some were adopted by other parents, and some went back to their original homes, often on a revolving basis. The stories she told me about some of the the parents would send shivers down my spine, yet the state would work at trying to get those children back in their biological homes.

I could never do this. I would become so attached that I would not want to give the babies back. :(

Your friend has a big heart. Being a foster parent is one of the hardest thing a person can do.

i know .....

baby "zeke" left yesterday to his new adoptive home....he was a "keeper". anxious to see "who" she gets next:)

i have a hard time w/this woman, i do believe she loves these kids; i don't believe she is sane.

I believe that no one has the right to take anyones children away from them unless there is physical, mental or emotional abuse that can be proven. Just because someone may think that having 14 children in 3 bedrooms is something unacceptable, doesn't mean it is. In other countries, there are families of 14 living in just 1 room, never mind 3 bed rooms. Just because some people may feel that she can't afford them, doesn't mean she can't. There are many in this country, and in other countries who fall way, way, way below the poverty level, and noone takes their children away from them because of it. So,No. She should not have her kids taken away from her. America needs to get their nose out of her business, and leave her alone. (I understand that she is using public assistance, so many feel it is their business, but just remember, there are millions of people who use and have used some form of public assistance in their lives, and noone stepped in and said take their kids away because of it) I say leave her alone!

I say leave her alone!

nah - don't think i will.

see patty, you have every right to come here & the other thread to show your support for this woman. as do i - to speak about my utter disgust at this lady.

that's only fair.....