Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Octuplets Mom...Should she...?

Should Nadya (Mother of 14) have her children taken from her?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Should Nadya (Mother of 14) have her children taken from her?

• Yes
    • Yes, but not all of them.
    • No
    • I am undecided.

I believe that no one has the right to take anyones children away from them unless there is physical, mental or emotional abuse that can be proven. Just because someone may think that having 14 children in 3 bedrooms is something unacceptable, doesn't mean it is. In other countries, there are families of 14 living in just 1 room, never mind 3 bed rooms. Just because some people may feel that she can't afford them, doesn't mean she can't. There are many in this country, and in other countries who fall way, way, way below the poverty level, and noone takes their children away from them because of it. So,No. She should not have her kids taken away from her. America needs to get their nose out of her business, and leave her alone. (I understand that she is using public assistance, so many feel it is their business, but just remember, there are millions of people who use and have used some form of public assistance in their lives, and noone stepped in and said take their kids away because of it) I say leave her alone!

America would have stayed out of her business if she didn't come begging on shows and the internet for help and donations and money for kids she had no business bringing into this world! In other parts of the country it is also okay to beat you kids and wives and have sex with children does that mean we should follow suit aand do the same thing?

I voted yes. I whole heartedly believe that this woman has serious mental health issues. Who in their right mind would do this? Taking her children away from her would be the best thing to ever happen to these children. Children should have parents who love them. I do not believe that this woman loves her children. The only reason she had these children was for some kind of claim to fame or recieve material things she could not afford for herself. In most cases children are born from love, not that this is true in all cases but in most, and deserve to have loving homes to go to. This woman on the other hand has thought of no one but herself. How in the world is she going to support all of these children. I am not just talking about financially but emotional as well. these children not to mention her already existing children are going to suffer because of ehr mental instability. Who does something like this? it is almost unfathomable to me that a woman, a mother, would know she was having this many children and not even have car seats to bring them home in??? Did she think the magic fairy was going to safely deliver them home? I am a single mom of one and i struggle every day to make ends meet and to be there for my child. I do not feel that this woman has any idea of what she has done and the implications for her and these children for the rest of their lives. I say shame on her, shame on the doctors who implanted her, and shame on her family and friends for not trying to get this woman some therapy after she had the first six.

America would have stayed out of her business if she didn't come begging on shows and the internet for help and donations and money for kids she had no business bringing into this world! In other parts of the country it is also okay to beat you kids and wives and have sex with children does that mean we should follow suit aand do the same thing?

Oh, please. Beating your kids and having sex with children is a far, far cry from having too many kids in 3 bedrooms!

And, she didn't come begging for money. It made the news when a woman had 8 babies in America. It wasn't until everyone heard about, and then didn't approve of her situation, that the cameras were all over her. People thrive on other peoples bad choices and circumstances in this country. Why do you think magazines and talkshows are such a giant hit here?

I voted yes. I whole heartedly believe that this woman has serious mental health issues. Who in their right mind would do this? Taking her children away from her would be the best thing to ever happen to these children. Children should have parents who love them. I do not believe that this woman loves her children. The only reason she had these children was for some kind of claim to fame or recieve material things she could not afford for herself. In most cases children are born from love, not that this is true in all cases but in most, and deserve to have loving homes to go to. This woman on the other hand has thought of no one but herself. How in the world is she going to support all of these children. I am not just talking about financially but emotional as well. these children not to mention her already existing children are going to suffer because of ehr mental instability. Who does something like this? it is almost unfathomable to me that a woman, a mother, would know she was having this many children and not even have car seats to bring them home in??? Did she think the magic fairy was going to safely deliver them home? I am a single mom of one and i struggle every day to make ends meet and to be there for my child. I do not feel that this woman has any idea of what she has done and the implications for her and these children for the rest of their lives. I say shame on her, shame on the doctors who implanted her, and shame on her family and friends for not trying to get this woman some therapy after she had the first six.

She had 6 children, and wanted just 1 more. With each IVF she had 6 embryos implanted, and only one child resulted, except I heard she had 1 set of twins. With the 8 baby pregnancy, she again had 6 implanted (Wanting 1 more). But, this time, (to her surprise)all 6 took, and 2 of them were twins.=8. Therefore, she had 6 kids and wanted to end at 7, but as luck would have it, ended up with 8. (now a total of 14) I know that is hard for some to grasp, because most people would never want to have 7 kids, but some would. I have 7 children, and took in 3 more. So, it is understandable that someone may want 7 kids. I do agree with most who say she should not have had that many kids because she can't afford them. But in her case, she wanted a large family and her doc said she wouldn't always be able to have kids due to a med. condition, so if she wanted them, she'd have to do it now while she is able. So, she did, despite her financial problems. She figured that she wouldn't always be financially unstable, because she was in school and had 1 more year to go till she got her degree. She was counting on her parents help till she could graduate.(Like most kids do) Granted, she made some wrong choices (I, personally, believe she should have been married first, but I know some don't feel that's as important)and to get pregnant without a father for the children wasn't right to me , but I think what's done is done. She shouldn't have them taken away. She will probably be a good mother. She obviously loves her kids and gives them alot of her time.

I had 10 kids and lived on $34,000. annually while they were little. They didn't always have 'new' everything, but let me tell you, they never knew they were living on such a small income. It's not as expensive to raise children as those 'experts' say it is. It all depends on what you feel a 'need' is. I never saved for my kids to go to college while they were growing up, but they have all gone. They found a way. (Student loans, grants, scholarships, etc.) Love in a home is what's most important.

IMO just one more, putting her at 7, was too many for her.

She's jobless, mooching off her parents, whom she bickers with like a teenager - she's selfish, wacko and no matter how much you "love children", those kids deserve more than the life she can offer.

Just because you can have kids doesn't mean you should.

Yeah she was on the news because she had 8, but SHE set up the website begging for money. SHE went on Dr. Phil asking for help from him and people watching. SHE did interviews asking for people to donate and to help...oh and here is what we need....blah blah blah. SHE is the one that hasn't even bought beds or car seats for babies SHE KNEW she was having!!!! SHE is the one that is saying that she knows that churches in the area and schools are willing to help her with her kids and their needs...She didn't need just one more kid! She didn't even have the means to care for 1 kid let alone 14! She treats these kids like dolls or kittens not like kids! Oh look at the babies. She even said that she was having kids to fill a void that her childhood left in her, that her mother didn't fill when she was younger. When she had her first pregnancy she told her mom that it was a tumor when her mom noticed she was getting bigger. One of the men she got sperm from she told him that she had cancer and couldn't conceive normally. She is a liar. She is $50,000 in debt! She used her student loans to buy things for herself and her kids, she leeches off of everyone that she can scam into her little sob story! She is not innocent in this! Even her dad said that she is mentally not right...her own dad! Come on this lady is not in her right mind. You would take children away from any other mother that was suicidal and talking about harming herself or others? Why is this different? Because you feel bad for her? Come on! These kids don't even have thier own beds! They live in a dump!!! That is not fair for those kids!

I voted yes. From my observations she is very immature and lives in la-la land. As Dr. Phil said, "those babies have a job..." She had them without thinking of them and their welfare and still seems incapable of anything but selfish self-justification. Her treatment of her own mother is dire. The chances are excellent that some of them are going to be special needs kids and she certainly will not be able to attend to these kids who will use up all her time and energies.