Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

MOBO, please do your own follow-up. I think that is why some are more/less successful than others. I have great follow-up from my doctor, we have group once a month and he is always there to answer any question. I get email reminders and feedback often from his team. The monthly group and weigh in keeps us honest on on course. He has said that the ones the attend are the most successful. If you can't get to a group keep on here for insight and information. There is more on here than some doctors know or understand. Find someone you can communicate with and work as a team. Keep the faith and keep your eye on the prize. Get fills, no need to have a band if your not working it.

Thank you Bernadette for your positive and encouraging words of wisdom. I am going to call my M.D. tomorrow and find out about getting another fill. Thank you and I'll keep you posted!

Thank you Bernadette for your positive and encouraging words of wisdom. I am going to call my M.D. tomorrow and find out about getting another fill. Thank you and I'll keep you posted!

Thanks to Everyone else as well..I do get a little worried about that pain you get when you've had one bite too many or ate the wrong thing that gets stuck....very painful. But a little at a time and patience helps. :wink2:

Calling all March 16thers!!!!!

Okay there are still a lot of you that have not checked in, and I would really like to hear from you!!!!

Where are Silly Goose, Aimtowin, Jedelaere, Purplekat, Peascorps, Laplady09, Ready4anewlife, Falishaiscooler, Hotmama24, Sara Coble, Laweezmi.

Come on girls and guys!!!!! Check in we would like to hear how you are doing!

Hi everyone, spent the weekend in St Augustine for our 25th anniversary. Had a check up with the doc no fill I have a lot of restriction, sometime I think to much but he said that is what I need right now. Lost 10lbs for the month for a grand total of 50 lbs since surgery. What's awsome is that I can start shopping in the misses department. I haven't done that in a very long time. (14 years) since the last time I lost a lot of weight. Feeling good about my progress.

Hey Jdelaere

So glad to see that you posted again, I have been worried about all of us Lucky Losers. Looks like you are doing VERY well, 50lbs that's great!!!

Happy 25th anniversary, that is such a milestone these days, you should be very proud of yourself.

Keep posting I love to see how everyone is doing!!

Bernadette

Okay where is Silly Goose, I thought she would check in by now. Come out come out where ever you are!!!

weight.png

Hi Everyone,

Sorry I've been so silent. I have had a lot going on. In June I had a fill in the doctor's office and that took me to 7cc. I was not able to keep the Water down so he took out 1 cc which took me to 6.cc total. The problems started that very night. I had to sleep on two pillows so that I would not wake up choking on my on saliva. During the day I averaged throwing up at least twice a day. Then after two weeks of this I started getting really bad heartburn that would awaken me in the night.

To make a long story short they removed all the saline and let my stomach rest for two weeks. Now I have only 5 cc. I feel no restriction, but I am really trying to watch what I eat. My next fill is August 9th. So far I've lost 43 lbs since our "banddate". Wish it were more, but its better than no weight loss at all. Thanks for checking up on me! This is like a real sisterhood/brotherhood thing we've got going here. I really grateful for all of you.:crying:

Bernadette you are a JEWEL!!!

Edited by aimtowin

Aimtowin

So glad that you posted I worry about the "kids" when they don't check in..LOL.

It sounds like you have had a very tough time!! I feel so sorry for all that you went thru. Is it going better now? I see that you are doing VERY well on your weight loss, keep it up!

Thanks for checkin in and come back to post more often.

Bernadette

Aimtowin

So glad that you posted I worry about the "kids" when they don't check in..LOL.

It sounds like you have had a very tough time!! I feel so sorry for all that you went thru. Is it going better now? I see that you are doing VERY well on your weight loss, keep it up!

Thanks for checkin in and come back to post more often.

Bernadette

Bernadette,

Its going better. Just very hard to keep my carbs below 50. I need to some menu ideas if anyone has any low carb delights!

I'm here! I just don't come on too much anymore. Staying busy this summer. Thank you for looking out for me - I appreciate it.

Weight loss is still extremely low - but at least I'm not gaining. I'm happy about that!

Everyone else seems to be doing great!

Take care

Hi all, this is Laweezmi checking in. I had second fill a month ago and I'm up to 8 cc in my Lapband. I feel the restriction most of the day, especially tight in morning,though I often have trouble with mind hunger after 9 pm. I have lost 35 lbs and feel so much better! I only lose about a pound a week even with working out at Curves 4 to 5 times a week. I haven't measured recently but I know I've lost lots of inches. Trying to remain upbeat and not compare my slower progress with anyone else's. Good luck to all!

Hi Sillygoose

Im so glad that you checked in, I was worried about you. You said that your weight loss is slow, I don't think 42lbs is slow! I'm still sitting at 35-37lbs and just can't seem to get past that. It has been so hot here that I have not been getting any walks in. I feel like I have been at the same weight for awhile but my clothes are loose so Im still losing inches.

Hi Laweezmi

Nice to see you checking in too, you did not list your weight loss so I don't know if you are going slow or not. I have to say that I have been way slower than I thought I would be, but I'm VERY happy with where I'm at.

Everyone keep up the good work, maybe we should all try to get some before and during pictures posted. I think that would help us to see how far we have come.

Bernadette

Hi Sillygoose

Im so glad that you checked in, I was worried about you. You said that your weight loss is slow, I don't think 42lbs is slow! I'm still sitting at 35-37lbs and just can't seem to get past that. It has been so hot here that I have not been getting any walks in. I feel like I have been at the same weight for awhile but my clothes are loose so Im still losing inches.

Bernadette

Most of that weight was lost BEFORE surgery!:laugh: