Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just a paniculectomy?

Hi all, I just found and read this thread today and have to respond.. I had a panniculectomy almost 5 years ago... My husband was in Iraq and I started a weight loss journey while he was gone and I was home alone.. I was over 400 at that time and things went well.. I am not sick in anyway and the pounds melted off.. Of course I was very preoccupied with my soldier and the war and such so food wasn't on my mind very much.. I had lost over 50 pounds when my doctor said I should have this surgery as my back was hurting so much from the big "apron" getting more flabby and hanging and pulling on my back... Insurance covered it right away......... Had a few problems that are better left unsaid, but after all was said and done I was soooooooooo happy to have that noose gone from around my body... Mine weighed 36 pounds!!! It was such a relief................ and I continued to lose weight and felt just wonderful..... I, too, don't have a belly button and don't miss it at all.... Most of my life it was just a place to cause problems if I got a little yeast infection or if I was hot and sweaty.. Don't plan to wear a bikini EVER, so it just isn't a problem..... My problem is that after DH came home and life was so happy, I started putting the weight back on... And it came on different than ever before. More in the midriff area that used to be... Had my surgery in August and now am back down to where I was then and am so happy not to have that big roll of fat to contend with anymore... I have a long ways to go yet, but my ultimate goal is to get my legs done.... They are my problem area... Bubbles of fat at the top of my inner thighs... I hate those so much... If I was you I would go for it... If you qualify for insurance I'd take advantage of it ASAP...... You can do more later when you get the money together.. Other things aren't usually covered by insurance anyway from my experience... Good luck.. Julie

I am having "only" a panniculectomy on Monday, April 13th along with a hysterectomy. I'll let you know how it turns out. I'm a bit worried about the amount of pain - but very excited at what the end results will be.

Lapitup:

Best wishes to you with your panni and your hysterectomy. Loved not getting my period anymore when I got my hysterectomy 5 years ago.

Keep us posted.

Sue