Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had Lasik done about two years ago. I too was concerned about being awake. They can give you a valium to relax you but they need you awake for the procedure. Besides it would take longer to put you asleep then to actually do the procedure. It takes all of 5 to 10 min per eye. Seriously! I even went back for a Monovision as one of my eyes needed a touch up. It is NOT painful at all. Nothing about the procedure is painful. Where are you located? I can highly recommend the facility I went to.

I have been considering Lasiks surgery (spelling?) I dunno though...Some people say your wide awake for the procedure some people say your knocked out. I dont like that feeling of being hovered over in a dentist chair and everyone says its the same feeling. If I had it done,I would have to be knocked out....To not have to wear contacts or glasses!!! Ugh, that would be sooooooo nice

WOW You look great after having that surgery... How much vision did you loose as a result of the droopin skin around your eyes?
I WISH I had vision loss--then part of the surgery might have been covered. My upper lids didn't droop all that much. I went to the PS because of the dark circles & bags under my eyes. It wasn't even really an age thing so much as I ALWAYS looked tired. Sometimes I would be feeling really good and then see myself in the mirror & think "Oh! You must be tired!" Then I would FEEL tired.

The PS "analyzed" my face (quite an experience in itself) and sugguested I would get a better outcome with the upper lid done also --it wasn't that much more getting them both at once-- so I decided I might as well MAX out the Visa. What I didn't expect since I had this done it is SO much more fun to put on eye makeup. I've only worn eyemakeup for special occasions for years. Now it makes quite a difference and it's fun to play with the colors.

Oh and this is weird... because of the foot surgery I gained weight after the blepharoplasty but when people saw me they would kind of loooook at me and ask, "Have you lost weight?" They couldn't place why I looked better--but they could tell there was an improvement so they would assume I was thinner. THis must have happened at least half a dozen times!

Funny, uh?

Penni~~ I live in New York. There are alot of great surgeons in the city...I am about an hour north of the city...... Thats a relief to hear that it is not painful! PHEW...may make my decision easier when I am face to face with the actual possiblity of having it done. I know someone who just paid $2000.00 out of pocket for the procedure...not too bad...

Kare~~ Well what ever you had to do to get the surgery it was well worth it! Your inner beauty is just shinning thru now. We know that it sounds superficial, but when you look good on the outside, all the inner good ness comes out sooo much easier!!! I am truely happy for you!!

porcindoll,

I too had the Lasik and I was home in 30 minutes. Absolutely no pain. I have had no probelms and have 20/20 in my right eye and 20/40 in my left eye. I love not having to mess with contacts anymore.

I think 2K is a good price. I paid $3,500 cash. My insurance wouldn't cover that either. The price has probablky gone down some now. I had it done 18 months ago.

I've gotten hooked on the BBC's "Brand New You" show. . . partly because the "before" subjects don't look all that bad, then they're given $200,000+ of plastic surgery! So, Kare, do you have any "before" pictures -- before scars, before bruises -- so we can see the real results of your eye work? The "after" looks great!

So, Kare, do you have any "before" pictures -- before scars, before bruises -- so we can see the real results of your eye work? The "after" looks great!

Well Zoe, unfortunately (for comparison purposes) a photo of me without a smile simply does not exist. But here's a shot from 2003 where you can see the shadows under my eyes (and THAT'S w/ professional lighting!). Visually, there is not as a dramatic difference as you see in some B&As--but mentally there has been a big difference to me. I just plain feel more energetic w/o seeing dark circles in the mirror!

post-204673-13813132064193_thumb.jpg