Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

WATER Drinking Game To Get Yourself to DRINK!

Guest BikiniBeachy

Guest BikiniBeachy

Does anyone play a game with themselves? I really like games, anything fun keeps me motivated, and I am really tight and having a hard time remembering to drink my Water after I wait my 45 minutes.

I've never had this problem before, I normally love Water and get it in with ease. Not sure what the deal is, but it's been a few days that i've been under my requirement, so I need some tips.

Of course, I can do this without a silly 'game' but does anyone have a cute idea they play with themselves to finish their water?

I was thinking I buy 8 different colors of caps (or color them) like the color of the rainbow, and will be at my requirement and purple! Does that sound silly? LOL

So then it's like 5pm and I am on yellow and I think, I better hurry up I've still got green - blue - purple left (and I hate to drink a lot before bed).

Just an afterthought to my day...soo....any 'drinking' games guys?

:tt2:

That sounds like a good way to keep track. I've een using the low cal mix ins usualy buy the Kroger brand and mix about half of what is recommended. I also found Ocean Spray ones that I really like. I havn't had surgery yet so it may be a different story after but now I'm getting more then I need because of those little packets.

It's not really a "drinking game" but I bought one of the Smart Water's, the 33.8 oz. I make sure I drink at leat one of those before I go to lunch, if I have some left, I drink it all before I eat. Then I refill it after lunch, and make sure I drink it all before I leave work. That makes just over 64 oz for sure, then what ever more I have, I don't really count, it's more like a bonus. So far it's working.

That is a clever game!

I love drinking Water and man have I fallen off the horse since getting my band. I used to drink 64 oz a day easy. Now I have to really work at it.

Thanks for the idea!:sneaky:

I dont drink Water. I have not had one whole glass of Water since I started this. Iv tried on other diets to drink water, which I dislike, and never seen any improvement, so this time Im not even trying.

I do drink flavored water, even Fiber water from special K or southbeach for instance or crystal lite or ice tea, but not plain water.

There have been recent studies that dont show it helps with weight loss. When I read those, I was like whew!!! let's me off that one, so now I just try and get in my liquids that I enjoy and have no calories.

Guest BikiniBeachy

I really like your candor, and I actually ran into those studies recently. I'll definitely read some more on it, cause it looks like whatever you're doing - is working.

I read posts where the women say the Water makes them feel full so they eat less. Crystal lite should make you feel just as full and still has zero calories?

costco has the 24 case of green tea on sale until March 1st and I got some of the mixed berry green tea. The tea is actually a diruretic and so gets rid of some Water weight, so I was actually a little less the next morning after drinking some as a late night snack. (yes I know the weight loss was temporary). 165 lbs still looked good the next morning.

Im about 7 1/2 months after surgery. Had the surgery July 9th last summer. I know some that are hitting their 100 lbs down by 8 months in, but I have a bunch of cruises, and always gain when I cruise, then have to relose, so Im a little behind some folks, but doing ok to me without drinking water. Just aint going to happen.

I got enough things Im denying myself, something zero calories like flavored teas isnt going to be one. I also like the diet snapple oolong tea. Iced tea is my new treat.

I had to get into drinking Water. It wasn't easy at first but did get easier over time until I got to the point where I craved it.

I like the idea of the colored caps. I found that when I have small bottles of Water where I have to drink many of them, it is harder for me to get through them.

I had to start a simple plan that I could follow without thought and counting. I bought a huge 52 ounce royal blue water bottle that I keep at my desk at work. I drink half by lunch and half by the time I leave. I also drink a full cup of water in the morning before I leave for work and one full cup of water sometime after I get home from work. After two weeks of doing this it became natural and I never have to "force" myself to get water in.

One last comment. I think that using 0 calorie beverages as a substitute for Water is workable to an extent but should be done in moderation.

However, I have read quite a few articles regarding consumption of a high level of artificial sweeteners having a negative effect on health. Some people get headaches and start to feel achy or lethargic. If you are drinking a lot of 0 calorie "sweetened" beverages during the day but have not been feeling 100%, you might want to switch to primarily Water for a couple of days to see if it helps.

There have also been articles stating that artificial sweeteners are sometimes linked with weight gains in that it causes the body to crave more sugar. Anecdotally, most people I know that are significantly overweight are also diet pop-aholics (and that included me before banding and the pop restriction).

I have actually started drinking things like mint tea completely unsweetened with a spot of Creamer. It is hot, tasty, 0 calorie and there are no chemicals involved.

One thing that has helped me, in the past, is to put rubberbands on my Water bottle. I start with 5 on the top and as i drink a bottle I move one to the bottom. Once all five are on the bottom I know that I have gotten in all of my water. :w00t:

I keep a couple of 32 oz plastic cups @ work....has to be more then one so I don't have the excuss of "my glass is dirty"

I try to make sure I drink at least one in the morning....and another in the afternoon....sometimes i can manage three which helps since I don't usually drink anything once I get home.

As for the artifical sweetners....all I have to say is this....I don't think it's really HEALTH to put anything artifical or loaded with chemicals in your mouth....not saying I haven't....don't....or never will again

I use to drink Crystal Light by the boatloads....now I have given it up after putting two and two together are realizing that after drinking it i tended to get a Headache

I've never been a fan of drinking Water either...but to each his own...if you need flavoring to drink your Water then so be it....just think about what you are feeding yourself

Maybe we should all get together for a game of Water pong! Seriously maybe a rainbow of the rubber band idea?