Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My hubby has his done tomorrow!!!!

Heading out from home in about 30 minutes. Checking into a motel to be there bright and early in the morning. I'm so excited for him to finally get this done. :eek:

Maybe I'll have mine done in a couple weeks. I sure hope so. I'm so jealous!

it is wonderful to have the band together!

My hubby will have his two years this May and I waited patiently for mine, finally banded 10/13/2008. We constantly push each other and support each other. It's nice to know when he's at the table and looks at me with that look, I know how he feels, I know what's going on. I hate that it took me so long to get mine, but I wouldn't trade having him with me for anything.

My hubby and I are about a month apart, he had his first, and it's wonderful to have someone else to go through this with you!!

Just remember everyone is different so don't compare (guys lose much easier I'm convinced). Each of you will have different experiences with the band but it will be easier to go it together.

Good luck!!

Christy

that is so true!! DH lost nearly 75 lbs the first 4 months, but it's much harder for him now. We are all different. I work at family practice office and we have several pt's that have been banded, I'm constantly talking to them about this journey being individualized. Sometimes I feel like a Band Counselor, lol.

that is so true!! DH lost nearly 75 lbs the first 4 months, but it's much harder for him now. We are all different. I work at family practice office and we have several pt's that have been banded, I'm constantly talking to them about this journey being individualized. Sometimes I feel like a Band Counselor, lol.

What does DH stand for?:eek:

Just like everyone one else has said, try not compare the weight loss between the two of. My wife and I were banded a week apart, and my sister-in-law about 3 weeks later. Iam down 75 lbs and my wife is about 40 along with her sister. Give support to each other but do not compare as this can cause friction between the two of you. Everybody is there own person.

Chris

I agree with everyone else. Comparison won't help and men do seem to lose easier then women in general.

I can't help but wonder if it is caused by hormones, but it has been shown time and time again to happen with some frequency.

Oh, I know exactly what it is. A woman's body is programmed to hold onto the weight to have nurishment for child birth!

BUT you would think, especially after a woman is 5 years post menopause, that it would get the darn hint that..... OH we don't need all this blubber any more! :)

My wife and I were banded on 9/12/07, The staff at the hospital thought it was cute that we would do this together.

My wife had wanted to do it a year earlier but I am glad that the timing came together to get it done at the same time.

The greatest benefit is that we are both doing well and our health has never been better and providing support for each other.

It would of been easy to get discouraged, In our prior attempt to lose weight we would do fine for 3 or 4 months but then gain the weight back and more.

With the band even though the weight loss has slowed down it has kept me focus and moving in the right direction.

Congrats! Well, I started the liquid diet 2 weeks prior to surgery and been going strong ever since. I have been telling my story on my website you can find it by clicking my picture. I am going to bust the 400 mark by friday I came from 445. Watch me and help me stay accountable..