Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Figured it out - hunger after revision

Hey thanks for the sugar tip and the great recipes! I'm going to have to try them, I've been stuck for a while and it's still almost two weeks before my next appointment where I might get my first fill. If I don't I'm going to be kinda annoyed. (12 weeks out)

Mae,

Thank you so much for your tips. I just had my op six wks ago..and for last two weeks was going crazy. Eating everything in sight..but I think I know why. I'm drinking too much hot choc! Too much sugar intake...Thanks so much for the recipes also..this is one of the most informative threads I have seen!

Congrats on ur progress...

I love this board. I am 37 , bmi 45 and have a consult tomorrow and am nervous. I never thought I would allow myself t spin out of control with weight??? If anybody has advice- I am in NJ and consulting Dr. Chau- njbariatrics. thanks. This sight has motivated me.

Mae, Can you use skim milk instead of the soy milk? Does it give the soup/ pudding a different taste? I have never used soy milk and was just wondering. Thanks!!!

The reason I wouldn't use cow milk (fat free or otherwise) is because it has a lot more sugar in it then soy milk. Plus, soy milk has a lot of Protein in it (which helps against hunger) and is all around better for you than cow's milk (though I agree cow's milk taste is better). The biggest difference is you need to add a couple of packets of Splenda to the pudding because soy milk is not as sweet as cow milk. Other than that, I don't think its a major taste difference, minor yes, but its still good tasting. Make sure to get plain soy milk, not flavored.

Mae,

Thank you so much for your tips. I just had my op six wks ago..and for last two weeks was going crazy. Eating everything in sight..but I think I know why. I'm drinking too much hot choc! Too much sugar intake...Thanks so much for the recipes also..this is one of the most informative threads I have seen!

Congrats on ur progress...

Thanks! You're doing extremely well too!

Mae you are truly an inspiration!! YOu look great and in all of your posts you try to encourage and enlighten! I know you really want everyone to suceed. Thank you for the recipes. Oh yeah Motivated22 thanks for helping me with the kg to lbs. I wasn't paying attention in school but I am now.

Deedee, took me a while to get used to it (but my scale in kg and i love to see my progress in lbs), too. so i just decided to have both on hand..he.he.. good luck on op. and keep us posted and we're here in case you're going crazy.

I've added sugar free Jello & fat free sugar free whipped topping to my list of things to eat right now. A sugar free Jello has only 10 calories and a big 'ol scoop of whipped toppings only has about 50 calories (depending on what your definition of "big 'ol scoop" is of course). So you get this huge bowl of dessert for about 60 calories. Taste wise its not as good as the sugar free ice cream but size wise its more satisfying. :D

Also, I got my "Soup thickener" in the mail today (hard to find at stores) and added it to my egg drop Soup. MAJOR DIFFERENCE. I couldn't believe how big of a difference it made to add that and without affecting the taste at all. It's so much more satisfying to eat it for a meal when it feels more solid!

I only have NINE more days until I will finally be off liquids! HURRAY!!! I don't think time has ever passed by so slowly. I am dying to try a new Greek salad recipe I found. I can't wait!