Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

who's needs to rant and rave

ok i feel like im losing my mind. i went and got on the scale today and noticed that it said i lost 2lbs. i felt so angry i could have throwed the dr's scale out the window. i mean i have been busting my ass and for what 2 freakin lbs. i have been banded for 9wks now and all i have lost is 22lbs. and 2 of those was after i got the fill 3wks ago. now im sitting here feeling like i wasted my time even getting the band. and i do know that its a slow process but, i was told that you lose 1-2lbs a wk. i lost 2 in 3wks.

hell im at the gym all the time and hardly eating and this is all its doing. i feel like a failure for real. and im much bigger than most so i should be lossing more than this. well thanks all for letting me rant and rave.

hey sweetie its ok weve all been there you just get back up and start again tomorrow...

count your calories and see if maybe something is sneaking in somewhere..

good luck

China,

Maybe you're not eating enough calories. If you workout alot, you need more than 1000-12000....you probably need closer to 1500 or so a day. Your body could be going into starvation mode. Try that for a few days and see if that helps. :mad2:

I had another thought ~ are you getting enough Protein? I know you keep track of your calories but are you tracking your protein intake as well?

Hey China,

Have you tried on any of your "tight" clothes recently? (I am assuming you have a closet full of different sized clothing like I do). Or even go to the store and try on an outfit. I think you'll find that you've probably gone down a size. While you may not have lost much weight, you are building muscle mass with your workouts. Muscle weighs a lot, but it will help you to burn more fat as you continue your workouts. Sometimes the scale isn't the best indicator of your progress. Keep up the good work!

thanks smsmithhart and doxie for the advice. im going to try that and see if that works i guess im scared of eating like i use to so i hardly eat thinking that will make it come off yet it isn't its only making me lose slow or not at all. i will keep everyone posted on how im doing. but, doxie doesn't 1500 sound like a lot for a band person. i always wonder how many calories everyone is eating. i just want to do good yet, i feel like a failure for real. well thanks again for the support.

hey sweetie its ok weve all been there you just get back up and start again tomorrow...

count your calories and see if maybe something is sneaking in somewhere..

good luck

China,

Maybe you're not eating enough calories. If you workout alot, you need more than 1000-12000....you probably need closer to 1500 or so a day. Your body could be going into starvation mode. Try that for a few days and see if that helps. :mad2:

I've been watching the biggest loser this year and the brown team was doing what you are....cutting their calories really low and barely losing at all and they are in the gym hours and hours everyday. Bob, the trainer, really got onto them and told them to eat more calories and low and behold, next weigh in they have good losses.

I think as long as you eat "good" calories, ie Protein and whole food and not junk, you can go higher without worrying, maybe not quite to 1500 but in doing thread searches here, people who run or do lots of exercise eat that much because the body needs the fuel.

thanks for the infromation doxie i use to watch that show last year and just havent got into it this year. i need to start watching it again. does anyone ever watch ruby. i like that show i think they need to get one for lapband.

I've been watching the biggest loser this year and the brown team was doing what you are....cutting their calories really low and barely losing at all and they are in the gym hours and hours everyday. Bob, the trainer, really got onto them and told them to eat more calories and low and behold, next weigh in they have good losses.

I think as long as you eat "good" calories, ie Protein and whole food and not junk, you can go higher without worrying, maybe not quite to 1500 but in doing thread searches here, people who run or do lots of exercise eat that much because the body needs the fuel.

Don't worry China, I'm also about 9 weeks out and about 22 pounds down. I think it's normal. I had absolutely no restriction until my second fill, and even after that I only feel slightly restricted. I know I need another fill, and probably you do, too. It takes time, and we have to be patient.

You said you felt a difference after your last fill, and so did I after mine. That's only the beginning! Each fill will get us closer to that sweet spot. Some people get fills every 2 weeks. My doctor does it every 4 weeks. That means it will take me twice as long to get the same restriction - but it isn't a race, and I don't mind being patient as long as I know I'll get there one day.

You'll see, it will be good in the end, and we'll both be big losers. :eek:

thanks diet peach and all others that responded. well diet peah my dr does fills every 6wks so im even slower. i hope it gets better for real. im glad im not the only one going through this or i would really be pissed. well thanks everone again for the support i have to call my dr back tomorrow to see if i can come in early for a fill.

Don't worry China, I'm also about 9 weeks out and about 22 pounds down. I think it's normal. I had absolutely no restriction until my second fill, and even after that I only feel slightly restricted. I know I need another fill, and probably you do, too. It takes time, and we have to be patient.

You said you felt a difference after your last fill, and so did I after mine. That's only the beginning! Each fill will get us closer to that sweet spot. Some people get fills every 2 weeks. My doctor does it every 4 weeks. That means it will take me twice as long to get the same restriction - but it isn't a race, and I don't mind being patient as long as I know I'll get there one day.

You'll see, it will be good in the end, and we'll both be big losers. :tt2:

I watch Ruby too... I can't wait for a new episode, there hasn't been one in awhile. I've never watched the biggest loser other than the final episode...hubby was never interested so I couldn't watch it. Since he's gone right now I can watch whatever I want...he he he.

thanks for the infromation doxie i use to watch that show last year and just havent got into it this year. i need to start watching it again. does anyone ever watch ruby. i like that show i think they need to get one for lapband.

Sounds like you have gotten some great advice here China. I have to say I have been hooked on the Biggest Loser show as well this year. For me I had never watched it before this year but seeing those people on there and knowing they are the same size as I am has really been inspirational. Doxie is most likely right in that you are probably not getting enough calories and of those you have to be very careful of what the calories are. I have incorporated the "Biggest Loser: The Workout" DVD video into my workout routine and since I have I really have had to make sure I am getting plenty of Protein every day. The body does need the energy and if we eat to little it doesn't just go after the fat that we carry around. So keep at it and eating more calories with better food choices. The band has really helped me realize that it's not completely the amount that I eat but more to do with the food choices I make that and exercising my butt off. LOL

thanks guys for the advice and support gonna try and get more good calories in and see what happens. suprisingly my dr's office called to get me in on wednsday im happy about that. well keep ya fingers crossed that i can get a few lbs off with this one. althought i was at my store today and wanted to try this out fit on so i did and to my suprise it fit. so i guess the inches is doing some thing.:sneaky:

I watch Ruby too... I can't wait for a new episode, there hasn't been one in awhile. I've never watched the biggest loser other than the final episode...hubby was never interested so I couldn't watch it. Since he's gone right now I can watch whatever I want...he he he.
Sounds like you have gotten some great advice here China. I have to say I have been hooked on the Biggest Loser show as well this year. For me I had never watched it before this year but seeing those people on there and knowing they are the same size as I am has really been inspirational. Doxie is most likely right in that you are probably not getting enough calories and of those you have to be very careful of what the calories are. I have incorporated the "Biggest Loser: The Workout" DVD video into my workout routine and since I have I really have had to make sure I am getting plenty of Protein every day. The body does need the energy and if we eat to little it doesn't just go after the fat that we carry around. So keep at it and eating more calories with better food choices. The band has really helped me realize that it's not completely the amount that I eat but more to do with the food choices I make that and exercising my butt off. LOL
I certainly lost all my weight on 1500 calories a day. Probably more some days.

I was at a plateua for a while then increased my calories to 1200-1300 cals and started loosing again. The only way I could get in that many calories, was to eat 4 meals a day, and lots of Protein. I started eating 1 cup of low fat cottage cheese for Breakfast instead of 1/2 cup, and added fruit to my diet. My only worry now is that I am allowed veggies (cold/raw), and am back on salads. I love salads, but am struggling to eat the chicken or other protein before I eat the veggies, and my calories dropped again. Thank goodness for full calorie dressing. There are benefits eating less but needed more calories:).