Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feb 10th bandsters - How's it going

You experienced the swelling that I was worried about,,it didn't happen to me but that was a big concern I had:frown: I'm glad you are alright now.Today was better than yesterday with the shoulder pain..I tried southwestern Soup out of a can just drained the broth out and it was a good change of taste. Slimfast is getting tiring. I hope I get to look like one of the people in the advertisements. How do you get the little scale thing some of you have?

Thanks yaya I'm glad your should pain is subsiding. Today I'm going to try LF Cream of Mushroom Soup but I will have to strain it as you did or put it in the blender. I'm amazed at the differences between post op diets. I'm allowed to have whipped cottage cheese and instant oatmeal as long I make it thin enough to drink. I've ventured a bit and tried the cottage cheese and LF yogurt which went down well. I'm sure you will get to look like the people in the ads, you've already taken the first step to getting there!!! Keep in touch.

To add the weight loss ticker, if you go to FAQ in the bar under the log-in area under general information the last option is to add a ticker to your signature and it gives step by step instructions.

hi all,

i was banded on feb 10th, im on normal food now, i have to be really carefull what i eat as i dont have any restriction at all, so i bought a smaller plate and smaller cutlery set just for my meals :eek: my surgery went ok considering i was petrified i went in at 10:50am and was back home in my own bed by 7:30pm the same day, i had quite alot of wind pain and am still finding it a bit uncomfortable on my shoulders, just waiting for my wounds to heal properly so i can start swimming each day, anyway hope your all recovering well xxxx

I had a scrambled egg this morning and it went down fine and I had creamy white Beans for lunch..I am going to ask hubby to go to eat boiled crabs tonight...They are on my list of soft proteins..Life is good. My shoulder barely hurt at all today..I have a tear on my bellly from tape used on drape during surgery so that is a bit of a concern but I am on antibodics and silver sufadene cream. I am doing fine:rolleyes:

weight.png

Edited by yayatrudy
added ticker

Hi all,

Glad to hear that everyone is recovering well!!! I'm an insulin dependent type 2 diabetic using an insulin pump. Just wanted to share my great news today. I am officially taking less insulin now than when I started it 5 years ago and it feels great. In fact the endocrinologist is almost certain that as things progress I will be totally insulin free (maybe sooner than we hoped)!!! This alone makes the surgery worth it.:tt2:

If that wasn't good enough -- they of course weighed me and I BROKE 300LBS!!!!! THE MAGIC NUMBER IS NOW 295 I couldn't help myself I was in tears. When I left the office I still had tears in my eyes when I told my husband.

It's a wonderful feeling to go to the doctor and leave with good news. My main reason for the surgery was I had a major heart attack 2 years ago that caused some permanent damage. The cardiologist said the best way to get my heart through the next 50 years was to have wls. I guess I'm well on my way to those next 50!!

keep in touch everyone

IMHopeful, what an amazing experience this must be for you! Its such an awesome journey and even better when you see the health effects. I've lost 19 pounds all up and I can feel an amazing difference in my body and all of its aches and pains and problems - and it does bring tears to my eyes. This is the best thing I have EVER done! And its only been just over a week. Imagine a month or a year! Wow! Keep up the awesome work and enjoy the great health!

Hi all,

I got my staples out today, and according to the scale in my surgeon's office, I weigh 306. I can't believe it!

Shaggs, like you, I notice a lot of difference. I can go up and down stairs more easily now, I'm going much faster on the treadmill.

All I have now are steri strips, and the doctor said that they will fall off naturally. My first fill is March 19.

Imhopeful, congratulations! I don't blame you for having tears in your eyes.

Way to go February 10th bandsters!!

Debbie

Thanks and congratulations Shaggs & Serenity55, I'm so happy to hear that your both doing so well. It's amazing the difference that it makes with the aches and pains. Others may not understand how you can feel so much better 10 days after surgery than you did before. I think most people expect feel much worse not just because it's surgery but also because we're overweight. What a difference a few pounds make!! I'm still on a mostly liquid diet, other than yogurt, whipped cottage cheese, applesauce and the usual Jello and Popsicles. My followup appointment is March 4th can't advance my diet until then. I have the occasion cravings but I've decided to use this time to jump start my weight loss.

If anyone needs help keeping motivated I'm here.:tt2::waytogo:

Imhopeful - That is such great news for you! I too am type 2, I was banded on the 10th of Feb and have not had any shots for 8 days now. My morning sugars are nearing 120 now, going lower everyday. My doctor says I can adjust my meds as I need to so I don't go too low. I would much rather pop a pill than do those darn shots! Have lost 8 pounds in last 10 days. I will take that even if it is not exactly what I would like, heck, better than if I had just lost 5 pounds! Good luck to everyone, this is something I am glad I did. I am even wearing a pair of black jeans today that I could not fit into when I bought them. Once I shrink out of them I will get rid of them, not holding onto anything that I no longer can wear. That makes more room in my closest to buy more clothes!!!!

blklab70, that's great news. I know what you mean I'd much rather take pill than the shots. It's been much easier with the pump because I only have to give my self a needle to change the placement of the pump every 3 days. I was taking both insulin and oral meds but since the surgery I hadn't needed the oral meds. The dr has cut back on the insulin and is having me take the oral medication so that we can phase out the insulin all together. WHOO HOO!

Always remember that any weight loss is a step in the right direction!! I won't be holding onto any of my old clothes as they get too big either. There's only looking forward. That means as we all shrink SHOP SHOP SHOP!

Keep posted on how you're doing

I am feeling so good! This was such a great decision and I am glad to be where I am right now. 32 pounds down since my first visit with the doctor. Now here is my question for everyone. I am having a throbbing pain off and on where my port is. Nothing bad, but I feel it for sure. Anyone else have this happening?

You're so right blklab70 this is AWESOME! I still have pain in the port site but its more crampy, stingy, pulling type pain not so much throbbing (although it can throb a bit if I lay too far on my left side) but the pain is pretty much gone now. I guess we have to remember there is a foreign body in there that your flesh has to heal around so it may take a while - my tongue piercing hurt longer than this has! This has been nothing compared to that! Good luck for a great recovery!

I do still get throbbing pain in the area of my port every now and then. Also at times I get a pulling from that area but not nearly as much as I did when I first came home. Neither the throbbing or pulling has been bothersome to the point of needing pain medication or even Tylenol.

One thing I've noticed is I get the hiccups almost daily, it's not painful just annoying. Is this happening to anyone else?

I don't have pain in the belly at all I don't even know where my port is I keep probing for it but I can't find it. I have now lost 23 lbs. I see the nurse on the 25th and the doctor on March3. My shoulder is feeling better. :w00t: