Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 days post-op and boy it hurts...

LOL Makula and Colorado - we must all be related! No tater tot but I did lick a spoon with onion dip on it last night! It's liquid pretty much! :blush:

Cindie - glad you are feeling better. Me too. The gas is so funny - I feel like a 10 year old boy because I crack up when it comes out! I sound like a big man! LOL

Yesterday was the 1st time I was actually hungry. My hubby made veg beef Soup so I took the broth and veggies and blended with my emersion blender - so yummy! It tasted like cream soup! I highly recommend buying one - you can put it right in the pot of Soup and blend it. :w00t:

I sent an edible arrangement to my surgeons office and my hubby said you don't sned food to a Bariatric office! I said I'm the fat one - not them! LOL

Hi Cindie, so glad you are feeling better, that's great news!:w00t:

Raink, my heart goes out to you, I don't know how you can do it without pain meds.:blush: All I can say is it will get better although that's no good when you are in pain. Keep your chin up and you will get there. I can't advise you to go against what your doctor says but if it was me, I would be tempted to take something if the pain was too much to cope with. Hang on in there and try to keep your mind off it.:drool:

Hi again Cindie,

So glad you're feeling better, it makes a world of difference doesn't it? Keep up the good work and you'll be 100% in no time.

JMS, thank you for the sound advice!:w00t: Believe me, I haven't even took a breath differently from what the doctor prescribed! I was scared to death to deviate in any way from my diet, which is why I made sure to contact him and verify that I was OK to try and see what I could manage to keep down. Every doctor is so different, it is really strange!

In my post-op diet book everything, including brand names of products, is so detailed and descriptive, I dared not even question the plan. However, when I was literally weak from not eating and talking with the doc, I casually mentioned I felt like I was dying :drool: He told me, with complete direction and approval, that any foods I wanted to try (not gorge on mind you) that didn't cause me any problems were totally fine. VERY confusing as the post-op diet was so strict. However, I am a very fast healer (healed within 9 days after my c-section-usually takes over 2 months) and he knew what I could take and not.

Keep in mind that everything I've eaten since January 8th could fit on a small paper plate, so my tastes of different foods (to see what I can tolerate) were easily half if not 1/4 of the size of a bite my 7 year old would take. I do want to stress that I am in complete agreement with you that the post-op diet is there for a reason, but I also think that if you talk directly to your doctor about your body and what's right for you, the "generic" post-op diet can be discussed and somewhat customized for the individual.

I just couldn't be more pleased that the things I tried were accepted by my body!:blush: That was honestly the one thing that made me hesitate the most. I didn't want to live my life without ever eating bread again; although I will say since I've tasted it after my surgery I don't miss it really at all. The old Jedi mind trick-if I physically can't have it, that's all I want! If I can have it, eh' I can do without. Frustrating sometimes..lol.

I had my surgery 1/26 and I still am taking my liquid vicoden every 2 hrs or so. My port site is really painful. It is getting better everyday. I have been weighing myself on my Wii fit and I am down over 15 lbs so far. I know a lot of it was fluids from the surgery.

Does anyone have a good Protein drink that they like? I have Designer whey but it tastes terrible.

Hi Burton,

I bought the whey Protein from Wal-Mart (cannot remember the name exactly, but Mega whey something). I take one Atkins chocolate shake, 1.5 scoops of whey protein and a heaping tbs of sugar-free hershey's Syrup and shake in my tupperware container. I then partially freeze it for about 20 mins. I really enjoy it and there is nearly 50 grams of protein in one shake that way. Hope that helps, and the port pain gets better everyday, just hang in there!

Today is day 6 and was feeling ok but have have no energy and feeling as if it is day 1 of surgery.

My husband said I am not taking enough calories to give energy. I am drinking Protein smoothies and Soups.

I still get the hunger pangs but they ease when I have half a cup of Tomato Soup or such like.

I am so over liquid food and wanting to actually chew.

Two more days and will see Dr.

Have lost 3kg in 6days.

When energy levels drop I suck on barley sugar lollies and they help.

Running out of creative ways to make Soup and smoothies taste enjoyable.

However I see light at the end of the tunnel and they consist of great shopping sprees where I can buy straight of the rack and not aske where the section for fuller figured woman are- roll on

hey guys I'm 3 days post op and I'm worried that I'm not drinking enough Water. I haven't tried anything else because that pressure pain in my chest when I need to burp scarys the crap out of me. I'm planning on eating applesauce or a yogurt. Can someone please suggest other liquid things I should have and is 3 oz of Water an hour okay.

P.S. I have yet to move my bowels should I be worried.

HI, I found having a bootle of Water with me at all times and sipping on it would ensure I got a least 500ml into me. I also supplemented this with apple juice, prune juice and kiwifruit juice. This will also help with the bowles.

I hadnt been for a few days and got the chemist to mix me something which worked a treat. It was amazing how good I felt afterwards and the gas seemed to ease. I make sure I take somthing to assit with my bowels everyday.

I was in agony when I burped but as my mother said better out than in.

It does getter better once you keep shifting the gas.

My doctor told me to take small sips of water through out the day not try to drink all at once but I think you need to increase your water as this will also help with bowels.

I am in day 6 and have moments wandering what I have done but then remember that a few weeks of discomfort will lead to a life time of happiness:)

hi, i found having a bootle of Water with me at all times and sipping on it would ensure i got a least 500ml into me. I also supplemented this with apple juice, prune juice and kiwifruit juice. This will also help with the bowles.

I hadnt been for a few days and got the chemist to mix me something which worked a treat. It was amazing how good i felt afterwards and the gas seemed to ease. I make sure i take somthing to assit with my bowels everyday.

I was in agony when i burped but as my mother said better out than in.

It does getter better once you keep shifting the gas.

My doctor told me to take small sips of Water through out the day not try to drink all at once but i think you need to increase your water as this will also help with bowels.

I am in day 6 and have moments wandering what i have done but then remember that a few weeks of discomfort will lead to a life time of happiness:)

thanks so much will do

My doctor's office says that if your urine is light yellow, you know you are getting enough Water. As Tiare said, just keep a bottle and sip, sip, sip all day.

Linda