Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all! had my surgwry on friday aug 5th. It has been a petty rough 2 days everything went great 47 min in surgery I will report a little mor later.....the port sight hurts like hell but as far as everything else is great!!!!

You go girl, YEAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! The port area will be tender for a while but everything will get better and easier as each day passes. Drink, drink, drink stay hydrated.

Hey all, It's me again on day three post op ........still very sore in port sight, but overall was a great experince. Just working on getting my energy back! have only got out of bed a couple of times in the past 3 days. Don't really have much gas pain which was a relief I was worried about that. Well better go lay back down. geting dizzy

oh well love to all and good luck to next in line!

Carrie

Hi Flygirl,

We had the same band date! Where did you have yours done? I'm feeling so much better today. I had to take a benadryl last night because I was too hungry to sleep : ) But I slept all night, mostly on my stomach and woke up feeling great. The liquids are really filling me today and I don't feel too hungry. I just finished a small glass of beef broth. Mmmmm.

Mercedes

Ha sound like the story of my life....I am doing great, i had mine done in colorado! I was very hungry yesturday but have eatin alot of popsicles and Jello. some broth ! when can you start eating something thicker? my doc says on about day 5keep in touch mercedes would love to know what you are experiencing along with me.

Carrie

Banded Aug 5th, 2005

244/236/145

ps still tring to figure out how to change this ticker!!

Hi Again,

I can start having Protein Shakes and thicker drinks on Friday (1week after).

I have to stay on the thicker drinks for 1 week, and then I have one week of mushy food, then I can start real food.

Why have you only been out of bed 3 times?

The first night I thought I was supposed to get up and walk, so I tried and I felt wooozy and had to lay back down and get my pain meds and sleep til morning! The next day I felt pretty good, just some soreness and pain when I'd try to move after being stationary for a while. The more I moved, the better I felt.

Sunday, I flew on a 4hr flight, plus 1hr more home and was ready for bed afterwards but I felt too hungry (1st time) to sleep so I took some benedryl and had the best sleep! Today I felt so good that I went to Target, took my son to a dentist appt., cleaned the kitchen, watched the kids swim (layed there because I needed the rest after all that action!), and then went with my husband to my son's football practice to keep him company. I did drink too much at the practice and I'm feeling it now. Gassy pain or full stomach pain. First time today though so that's way better than yesterday. Hardly any hunger today and that is good news too.

How do you feel today?

Are you from Colorado?

Who was your doc?

I would love to stay in close contact w you!

I wish I could figure out how to do the ticker thing but I'm too computer stupid I guess ! I've tried, but can't figure it out. I'd ask my husband to do it for me but then he'd know my weight! haha!

I took some more benedryl just a minute ago so I'm ready to have another nice night of good rest! Hope you have a good night too!

OOps sorry for the repeat info on the Benedryl! And some of the other stuff too!

My post could have been 1/2 as long! Sorry.

Great to hear you are doing so well .....up and around I mean! Wow my port hurts pretty bad unable to get up or lay down! But it has improved today a (little) Just taking liquid tylenal but have not taken any today so far!! Yes I am from colorado my Dr. Was James Smith, he is great! My insurance paid for my surgery and I was very greatful for that. So do you have any kids I have 3 12/5/3 I work full time and had to take this week off to sore to go back just yet.I am sooo hungry, have been doing the clear liquid thing now for 3 days I though I would try some real runny cream of wheat tomarrow, maybe some pudding. Just looking for some ideas for liquid stage. You could read lots of things and still not get what you are supposed to be doing at this point can't wait until friday I will be released to the mushy stageWOOOOHOOO! can hardley wait....any who I better get some zzzzzzzzso I will wake up in a little better shape than the day before.......1 day at a time is my motto.

Talk to you again soon sweet dreams

Carrie

Hi Flygirl,

I do have kids and I'm 43yrs old. Their ages 15/13/11/8 and they are all boys.

I could not stay down in bed for any time.

Befor I did this, I figured I was in pretty good physical condition pre surgery (other than the fat) and I am fairly active (have to be w/ boys) so I really believed that I'd recover real well. Luckily it's been pretty good.

Had a bad night last night though. I was soooo hungry that even the benedryl didn't make me sleep through it. I just layed there hoping it would subside. I dozed for a while again but then I had a very bad dream. I dreamed I ate a burrito and forgot that I had a band!!! I was so afraid of barfing or making my band slip. Then I woke up and WHEW it was only a dream!!!!

You are lucky that you get to have mushies so soon. I have to wait 2 1/2 weeks more! The cream of wheat sounds good for a thick drink. My first day of mushies I want one sweet thing, those little prepackaged containers of flan.

Are you extra hungry at night? Daytime I'm fine. I just take a drink and I'm good...even the no calorie stuff fills me fine. I'm just going to have to take double benedryl tonight so I can sleep through the hunger. Monday morning was my last day of pain meds. (I also took liquid Tylenol.) I feel pretty good.

What have you been able to do today?

When are you going to get on the scales for the first time?

I think I'll do that on Friday.

I have 2 nieces that live in the Denver area.

What area do you live in?

We almost moved to the town that bordes Utah, can't think of the name right off. Kinda near Moab.

I'm from Utah but live in the east now (for the past 15yrs).

hey mercedes hows it going haven't heard from you in a while hope all is well my band twin!! I am doing good haven't had any issues so far would like to hear from ya!

Carrie