Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why did they schedule my first fill 6 weeks after, the day I start full solids?

This makes no sense to me. I was given sheets and told what I could eat 6 weeks out. Finally some real solid food. I start full solids the day of my first fill. Ironically I will have to do start the process over to protect my swollen stomach- what are they playing at? 6 weeks till solids my ass!!!!

When is your first fill scheduled? Can you call and ask if you can start solids a week earlier? You need to see how your body handles solid foods before a fill. Plus your doctor may not require full liquids after a fill. I just had my second fill today and he said to take it easy the rest of today - cream Soups, etc..add scrambled eggs tomorrow and then gradually add other foods. But I would call if I were you.

als74 -- this is your evil doctor's wicked plan for inflicting additional suffering on his poor unsuspecting victims (I mean patients). LOL In all seriousness, that sucks,.

I get my fill Feb 2, one more week! It's not like I am suffering, but how much liver sausage and cottage cheese can a girl eat? I am really ready for chicken and fish. Some people might laugh and say "you have made it this far, what are a few more days?" Torture- I say. I was on liquids for 4 weeks (2 before and 2 after), then soup/outmeal consistancy for a week, pureed for week 3, semisoft for 4 and 5, then on to reg food. That is a long time for someone with an overeating disorder!:(

Thank you for your wicked doc comment. They are evil- aren't they.

This makes no sense to me. I was given sheets and told what I could eat 6 weeks out. Finally some real solid food. I start full solids the day of my first fill. Ironically I will have to do start the process over to protect my swollen stomach- what are they playing at? 6 weeks till solids my ass!!!!

I would definitely call and see if you can start the solids the week before, or I hate to suggest it, but push the fill back another week. Once you start solids you may find, like I did, that already have some restriction and don't need the fill. And you definitely don't want a fill if you already have restriction. I am 6 months out and have only had 2 fills, each one only 1cc.

I called the bariatric center once to ask about wine. My friend got my a really great wine for X-mas, and I just wanted to know when it would be ok to drink it. She kept saying "you shouldn't be drinking at all!" She finally said no sooner than 12 weeks, but sounded displeased I had asked. When I had refried Beans two weeks out, she got pissed about that too. I don't even WANT to ask!!!! I know they would say no, and a lecture would ensue...

I called the bariatric center once to ask about wine. My friend got my a really great wine for X-mas, and I just wanted to know when it would be ok to drink it. She kept saying "you shouldn't be drinking at all!" She finally said no sooner than 12 weeks, but sounded displeased I had asked. When I had refried Beans two weeks out, she got pissed about that too. I don't even WANT to ask!!!! I know they would say no, and a lecture would ensue...

I understand your hesitance, but this is a really good question. Explain that you want to make sure you don't have restriction and definitely need a fill. Just ask to start solids like 2 days early. Maybe they will think you are really being responsible and say yes.

When I had refried Beans two weeks out, she got pissed about that too.

Ok this just blows my mind.On my food calendar your OP is day Zero and on day 7 the calendar says:

"Add oatmeal consistency

Well cooked vegetables,

vegetable Soup, and

legumes (beans) well cook

Try fat free refried beans."

I even recall the nurse that gave the class gave us a tip to take a thin layer of refried Beans and put a pinch of low fat cheese and microwave it for 30 seconds.

Fat free refried beans are pretty healthy really and have protien.

For me, I'm kinda in this terrible cycle.

I get hungry.

I eat 1/2 cup of refried beans to get full

I get gas

I walk to help the gas

I get hungry because I walked.

[Repeat]

You guys are in bandster hell but I promise, it gets much better once you get some restriction. It may take 3-6 fills to get there, but you will get there.

You guys are in bandster hell but I promise, it gets much better once you get some restriction. It may take 3-6 fills to get there, but you will get there.

I know I am in bandster hell as well even though I don't know exactly what it is. Will you please tell me what Bandster Hell, PBing and sliming are?? I have a pretty good idea, but would love to have the official definition:thumbup:

I know I am in bandster hell as well even though I don't know exactly what it is. Will you please tell me what Bandster Hell, PBing and sliming are?? I have a pretty good idea, but would love to have the official definition:thumbup:

When food becomes stuck, your body, in its infinite wisdom, produces more saliva (slime) to try to unstick the offending piece of food. PBing is a "productive burp" which basically means to bring the offending piece of food back up, normally accompanied by the "slime".

Bandster hell, I think, is the time period during post op on liquids and after on solids before you have restriction and are hungry all the time.:cursing:

Exactly what I thought, and YES...I'm in bandster hell :)

Thank you for the explanation, I feel so much more informed and can now embrace this very hard time of being hungry and physically unable to eat. Yes, it sucks :thumbup:

Coffe and wine is where I draw the line. I will not give those items up. I have coffee every day and wine maybe once a month.