Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded in October, and post op weight loss has been verrry slow... and 100% MY FAULT, not my bands. I did the exact opposite of what I was supposed i.e. ate plenty of ice cream amongst other things. I was very frustrated with myself, but came to realize that I love having my band. Absolutely love it. It motivated me to get back on track quicker, and drag my ass to the gym. I like having it there as a (sometimes annoying) reminder that I chose this to help me. So now I am doing everything right, and have been for a few weeks and haven't lost any weight, but that's ok, I will. How can I not? I'll just keep at it, and I know it will come off. This is just for people so fed up with their band they regret, hopefully a little inspiration to keep going, because I know I will. :thumbup:

It seems like you are taking responsibility and are choosing to have the right attitude about everything. Keep up the good work.:thumbup: Good luck to you.

"This thing" has been a challenge for me as well. I'm finding it more of a mental challenging than anything else. I hear co-workers in the kitchen around 11 or 11:30 with the microwave running in the background. I’m thinking, “Oh, it’s time to eat” although I may not be hungry. There are so many things we’re trained to do and think. Even with the band, it’s a struggle. Anyone who says “this thing” is the easy way out doesn’t have the first clue about the experience. I love the band and think I had unrealistic expectations on how fast I thought I was going to lose. I don’t have that much to lose to begin with so I’m constantly reminding myself that the weight just won’t fall off because I want it to. The ice cream and cheesecake sure do go down easy! It’s learning to make the right choices and learning what good food will fill me up. You can’t just get banded and think you’ll be skinny in a month. It’s tough! I beat myself up all the time about it so I can totally relate to your frustrations!

wow....im sure glad im not the only one struggling with this, i am frakin hungry all the time but i think it is a mental thing with me too, i so used to eat what i want when i want and i am really learning the hard way, but i am learning.

Marty

Banded since Oct. 13, 2008

I think we all struggle... we all want instant results .. we are eating less..so why doesn't it fall off!! I myself have set myself up to fail I look at other peoples tickers and get depressed and get on myself!! What I and so many others have to realize is our bodies are diffrent and we will loose in diffrent stages. My biggest thing that I have to overcome is my sweet treat after I eat. Having trouble getting rid of this craving so instead I've decide that if I have this craving then to have soemthing but make it 1 of somethign not a row of Cookies or nice big slic of cake. So snack packs have been a help and I try to hit the gym everyday and do cardio and weights. I have set one goal outside of weight and it's to try to be on the treadmill 3 days a week till I burn 400 Calories. I'm only half way there and boy does it kick my A$$!!. I think if we set small goals we have many achievments versus one large goal and never achieve it.

Good luck everyone we can do this:thumbup:

I too am struggling with my head telling me to eat eat eat when I'm not hungry. It's mostly when I'm bored at night in front of the TV. During the day I do pretty well, I'm trying to stay busy. I can't wait for summer so I can be outside doing something instead of stuck in the house. We've been subzero lately with nasty windchills. I have a 2yo that I can't take out to play in that. I work a swingshift also, so I'm hungry all the time. This week I'm on midnights, so I'm eating lunch at 3am!! I'm eating dinner at 8am and go to bed for the day. I've started exercising, but I'm so flipping tired this week I skipped tonight. I have lost and gained the same 5 pounds 3 months straight and it's about to drive me crazy. I need another fill, but I'm afraid if I go down there they'll say no you don't need one and I'll have driven 3 hours for nothing. The last time I went they only wanted to give me .5cc, I talked them into 1cc. I would like 2cc this time, or do it under fluoro, but I don't know how much that costs. I'm disappointed in myself. I keep walking to the cupboard when I shouldn't. I try telling myself we are new at this, it's only been a few months, but it's not getting much easier. When does it not become such a struggle??

I feel your pain. Try not to beat yourself up so much. I get disappointed in myself a lot as well but try not to ponder on all the negative. Today is a new day and all I can do is try again. It's a total lifestyle change. We're used to eating a certain way and it's hard to break that cycle. I know that we've taken the first step for our lives, our health and for our children. I am also working on my mental state. I've hated the person I see when I look in the mirror and want that to change. It's effected my life in every way - my marriage, etc. I'm ready for changes and only I can do that now! Just keep your chin up and remember that today is a new day. :tt2:

Man, I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one with issues! First I had to learn how to chew my food. Ok, I finally got that one down. Now, I have to learn NO SNACKING at night, and next is Portion Control. I never get hungry, but I never get that old familiar full feeling either. I pb with every meal and am trying to learn how to solve that. Haven't lost any weight since the initial 50#s and am frustrated about it. Seeing a counselor because of the depression. I am so determined to "get there" that I'll hang in there. I long for the days when I feel again that this was the best thing I did for myself!