Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have to start my preop liquid diet tomorrow and i can not afford the medifast that the dr office wants me to do - i have to lose 30 poundsthe shakes has to be around 100 to 120 calories and i need to have 5 of them a day.please anyone that has any shakes i can use - please send. Don't care about taste at this point? I can't start the preop becuase i have no idea what to take.low fat, low calorie, high Protein, low card shake...

mountainmomma, thank you so very much for your quick response. I hope I can lose the 30 pounds by 2/20 I am going to try both of these you suggested. Thank you again. I am nervous, can you tell?

Nervous is normal, It would be time for someone else to worry if you were not, It is a big change and it will be for the better, I did not have to do just liquids til the day before the surgery but to get in all the Protein the Dr wanted me to do I had to do the shakes on top of tuna, steak and chicken and any other meat that was low fat and loaded with protein.

It was hard to get in 70+ grams of protein and 30gms or less of carbs, I was straight liquid for 2 weeks post op and the shakes saved me along with Soup. Be ready and make sure your family is ready you will be grouchy when you are liquids only. I promise it will get better once you get to the soft food stage. Tummy's are also very noisy, Not a painful noisy, just loud. Trust me when I say it will pass, Life is much better in the 3rd week out. Good Luck with the diet, Just think about me going thru the Holidays with none of the good stuff! Will power is an amazing thing!

Jacks,

I don't know how much the medi fast is, but I got GNC - with Water they are 120 calories - 20 grams of protien and at riteaid, almost always buy one get one 50% off or or free, I think the pouch I bought was 15.00

I did the low carb Hi Protein slimfast and Atkins shakes. I did like no carbs at all. one slice of bread a day is it! I lost 20lbs in 2 weeks like that. Goodluck. Make sure they don't have sugar!!!

Good morning, the only slimfast I was able to find was the Optima only has 10 g of Protein and 25 g carbs per can - I would say that is way to may carbs if I have to have 4 to 5 of these a day as I am only doing liquids. I have my mind set and am ready to go, but I just don't know what shakes to by?Can you let me know specifically which slim fast high protein low card you used? That would be great if you could provide me with that information.And boy do you have will power to make it through the holidays on this diet. But you are right will is a powerfull thing and I have to keep thinking positive and take it one day at a time and I will make this happen.Let me know which slim fast when you get chance. I am using the optima's that I bought yesterday I have 8 of them. I will have 4 a day and unliminted Water that should keep me around the 800 calories MY dr office wanted me to do Medifast 5 a day and that is only 500 calories per day with no food? Is that even healthy to do for 34 days? Who knows...but I will do what ever it takes.Thank you so very much for your help.

No the optimas have way too much sugar in them. I get my shakes at Sams club, if you do not have one maybe a costco would have them or a BJ's club.But you gotta stay away from the sugar all together or it will not come off.

You may be able to find a powdered version at Walmart, but yea the optimas have way too much carbs and sugar. Good luck. You may have to check online and see if they have them anywhere local.

They are just the regular slimfast that say Low Carb on the front. I can only find them in Choclate

and the Atkins I can only find in vanilla, the Atkins are less calories but they are not as filling as the Slim fast.

Edited by mountainmomma

No the optimas have way too much sugar in them. I get my shakes at Sams club, if you do not have one maybe a costco would have them or a BJ's club.But you gotta stay away from the sugar all together or it will not come off.

You may be able to find a powdered version at Walmart, but yea the optimas have way too much carbs and sugar. Good luck. You may have to check online and see if they have them anywhere local.

Hi I was able to find the low carb slim fast - I was hopping these are the ones you were talking about and I purchased te Atkins low carb shakes as well. Can you let me know if you were using the slim fast low carb because I have them know and want to make sure they are ok to use...Sorry to be a pest I appreciate your help.

yes the low carbs are the right ones! Woohoo good luck!

Thank you so very much! I will be having it starting at lunch time today. I wish you so much luck with the surgery. Please keep us posted on how it goes!!!! Jackie