Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fast Food is a Distant Memory for Me

I have little or no ability to eat hamburgers or chicken at fast food places..... I am getting the stuck, slimed thing and that reminds me that that food is not on the list. Probably better for me to have this as an issue / advantage. I am loosing about 1 lb. per week. What does everyone do instead.

6 months since lap band and 1 fill!

Regards :)

I actually can eat anywhere, though I will admit I have not attempted a hamburger. I just make sure I make better choices and I chew chew and chew some more! I go out to eat a lot, that is my social thing with friends. I usually order something off of the children's menu (chicken most of the time), but again all that chewing is how I get it down!

I *can* eat at fast food places, but if I can come up with an alternative I will because things like McDonalds are amongst the hardest things for me to eat.

I can eat the nuggets, but I dont really relish the thought of radioactive chicken giblets, lips and assholes pressed into a nugget shape, thanks all the same, lol.

If forced, I would eat whatever I can that sounds doable, our McDonalds have McCafe's attached, and I will ALWAYS choose a coffee over the food and simply not eat.

If the family wants takeaway or we were with friends the other night and they all wanted KFC (which I have not eaten anyway for 25 years it is that disgusting), I put together something out of the fridge. There was some chicken, frozen peas, some Pasta salad in there. I will always take that option when I can.

I usually have a muesli bar or something similar in my bag for if I get caught and am really starving.

Proper restaurants are not a problem to me, there is always something on the menu, I can eat most foods and it truly doesnt bother me to order food, eat 1/4 of it and send back the rest. Children's menus here are always nuggets and chips, burger and chips, spaghetti bolognaise, I dont go out to eat rubbish like that. So I order what I fancy off the adult menu and eat as much as I am able.

At this point I can eat anything but the burger, I'm ok if I take the top bun off but I cant eat a whole burger. If forced to eat FF I'll get to wendys and get a jr burger and a chili, not a bad meal for $2 plus tax. the other option is sonic for a HB kids meal w/ fruit and I get a toy!!!

Can eat mostly anything - burgers are not that difficult for me - I just eat much less than before. For instance, the once a month I find myself at a fast food place with my kids, i will get a burger and eat about half to 3/4 of the burger and that is it - no bun, no fries and I'm fully satisfied. I make a much better burger at home (leaner meat, onions, spices) so I don't crave the fast food joints at all though...

I have eaten fast food but I don't make a habit of it. I have not tried McDonalds since surgery. I went to Wendy's once and ordered the chili. I've gone to Chic-fil-a a couple times and get chicken strips and carrot salad and am able to make three meals out of that. I've gotten a taco pizza at Taco Bell and again can only eat about 1/3.

I prefer a nice sit-down restaraunt though.

I have had a hamburger Protein style at In and Out twice - the burger is wrapped in lettuce. I am able to eat it with no problem as long as I take little bites and chew alot. I have pickles, tomatoes, and ketchup on it to give it some flavor.

I have had a hamburger Protein style at In and Out twice - the burger is wrapped in lettuce. I am able to eat it with no problem as long as I take little bites and chew alot. I have pickles, tomatoes, and ketchup on it to give it some flavor.

Yum! I miss Protein style burgers from IN-n-Out!! No In-n-Out's in Oregon :rolleyes:

:scared2: My wife and I also enjoy the Protein style cheesburger and like you take little bites and chew alot which takes a long time but worth the effort.

Fatburger

with cheese... no bun.... awesome!

In and Out

that is just mean.... man I miss In and Out (moved from So Cal to Seattle)

Jack In The Box

hearty Breakfast bowl, hold the hashbrowns

Denny's

eggs and if you are sick of eggs (how is that possible), try a cheeseburger with no bun... their burgers are excellent.

Mexican Resaraunts

Huevos Rancheros, sometimes with chorizo... every mexican place you go should have this (except Taco Bell, but that is not mexican food, so it doesn't matter).

btw... I really don't eat carbs, so my tips may not work for all.

Fatburger

with cheese... no bun.... awesome!

I was waiting for someone to mentiong FATBURGER....Ohhhhh

I don't live in LA anymore but all the talk of In-N-Out has had me thinking of FB it was the best ever......

Now we know why I'm here.....FB's gave me a FA

I was waiting for someone to mentiong FATBURGER....Ohhhhh

I don't live in LA anymore but all the talk of In-N-Out has had me thinking of FB it was the best ever......

Now we know why I'm here.....FB's gave me a FA

Fat Burger, In n Out are nice, but where I grew up in LA it was Tommy's (Double Chili cheese Burgers!) that did it for me!! MMMmmmmm......:thumbdown:

I have not eaten fast food since surgery and plan to keep it that way. However I do eat Subway's turkey wrap when I am on the road and have not planned ahead. I find that my tastes have changed since surgery and now I prefer the healthy stuff over the triple cheese burger, fries and coke.

I go to Taco Bell and order from their lo cal menu. And don't have any problem as long as I chew thoroughly. But remember not to drink while eating.