Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Restriction ya think?

Ok so I have had a fill almost every month since my banding in June. Well we thought I had over filled and had 10cc but this week at my appointment not only did I ONLY lose 3lbs for the month but we found that I actually only had 7.6ccs in my band afterall...ok so he puts that back in and adds 1.1ccs ok no biggie right?

I am sitting here and it's taking me almost 2 hours trying to eat Breakfast I ordered 2 scrambled eggs with cheese and 2 sausage patties. I have been taking like tiny bites and it feels like they are just right there see what I mean. I think I didn't chew enough becasue earlier I brought some of it up because it was a very horrible feeling. Well an hour later I re-heat it to try and eat some more after one bite it's right there again...I guess this is true restriciton huh? And hiccups what's the deal on those???

Sounds like you have made it.............RESTRICTION!!!:thumbs_up:

Funny you say hiccups too, because I started getting hiccups on my 6th fill and I find them to remind me that I must be in a good spot with my band.....cause with me it seems to be: Restriction = hiccups

Also I would like to say that after my 6th fill I thought I was at the so called "sweet spot" but I got a fill yesterday after 4 months from my 6th fill and guess what..........I LIKE THIS 7th FILL EVEN MORE!!!!!!!! Hiccups and all....I will take it!!!

Good Luck!!!

I have had 8 fills total 8cc in 10 cc band. Scrambled eggs have not been my friend after fills, patty sausage or any other kind is not my friend either. Did you do your liquids and mushies after your fills. My restriction would kick in on day 6/7 after a fill each time. I would change my list of Proteins and give it some time. My tightnes jumps around during the month, Water weight, monthly periods stress. I think it all plays into this. It normally would loosen up in the afternoons for lunch and dinner. For about 6 months after each fill it was a frozen banana Protein Shake in the morning(6am) for Breakfast. then a high Fiber snack 10am. I will be a year out on Jan 18. Hang in there. Take your time. Remember to set your timer so you only have 30 minutes to eat, if you are not finished with your meal on your tiny plate you should stop. that is how we lose the weight. You will probably feel full in about 20 minutes or so. Good Luck:tongue2:

Hi Banfun4me

I was interested to hear that you give yourself 30 minutes to eat a meal. It takes me much q1uicker than that. I'm usually finished after 3-4 bites and then I get hiccups and chest restriction. Sometimes I th ink I eat too fast but I do think I'm chewing till it's grindedl. I don't know. How do you work this 30 minutes for a meal?

I had my first 4 days ago. Up to that point, I had ZERO restriction. To my surprise, before they put the saline in they made sure to see what was left in after surgery. I had 5 cc's already in there! They then put 2 more cc's in for my first fill.

I finally have restriction, at 7 cc's. Boy, has it been a lesson in how to carefully chew food and eat slowly! Although it is very hard not to be able to eat what I want too, this is what I have been looking forward too--NOT BEING HUNGRY ALL THE TIME.

I have already lost 5 lbs since then and looking forward to the the weeks ahead! Now I agree, the band is wonderful:thumbup: