Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was hoping to start a thread with those banded in December, since many of us are at the same stage. I know I am in Bandster Hell. Let's get a thread going to support and encourage each other through this time. Any takers?

sure i'm in! i know that i need all of the help that i can get...lol i was banded 12.31 and am also in bandster hell :wink_smile: i'm hungry all the time and my body and belly ache. right about now is when i'm questioning whether or not i should have had this done at all. I'm sure 6 mos. from now I'll be singing a different tune lol but for now it stinks :thumbup: lol

I hear ya! I don't remember when I was deciding between band and bypass them telling my about bandster hell. Did you know? I mean, it could be MONTHS until I get good restriction!

i guess that i was aware of what it would be like the first couple weeks because of what others had told me. i'm just hungry for more than cream Soups and yogurtl. lol i'd love to have even a little tuna or a banana...just something soft that will keep me fuller longer. i actually have fairly good restriction now (i'm sure so of it from swelling from surgery) and i talked to my nurse today and she said that they put 2cc during surgery and my next fill should be in march.

sure i'm in! i know that i need all of the help that i can get...lol i was banded 12.31 and am also in bandster hell :wink_smile: i'm hungry all the time and my body and belly ache. right about now is when i'm questioning whether or not i should have had this done at all. I'm sure 6 mos. from now I'll be singing a different tune lol but for now it stinks :thumbup: lol

I am right with you. I was banded on 12/29 and feel hungry all the time also. This is my 2nd week of full liquids. I'm not sure if i can take it another week until mushies! :mellow:

I was banded on 12/16. The first week was rough, but now I am not hungry anymore. I made it through, you can too. It gets better. I am going for my first fill on friday.

I am right with you. I was banded on 12/29 and feel hungry all the time also. This is my 2nd week of full liquids. I'm not sure if i can take it another week until mushies! :thumbup:

hang in there girl...we're all in this together! just think how hot you are going to be in that bathing suit in july! :wink_smile: lol its things like that that i think of to keep me motivated

I was banded on 12/16. The first week was rough, but now I am not hungry anymore. I made it through, you can too. It gets better. I am going for my first fill on friday.

how long was it until the hunger and pain subsided? just a week or closer to two?

The second week it started to subside it wasn't as bad, by the third week my hunger was gone. Now I feel totally back to normal and I really havn't been hungry at all and tomorrow starts week four.

Hello All,

I was banded on 12/23/08 and am doing great. At my 10-day post op appointment (on 01/02), I had lost 12.8 lbs. THAT is why we keep going! Keep your eyes on the scale as it moves down! I was moved to pureed stage and am doing pretty well with that too. You are definitely fuller for longer periods of time!

i guess that i was aware of what it would be like the first couple weeks because of what others had told me. i'm just hungry for more than cream Soups and yogurtl. lol i'd love to have even a little tuna or a banana...just something soft that will keep me fuller longer. i actually have fairly good restriction now (i'm sure so of it from swelling from surgery) and i talked to my nurse today and she said that they put 2cc during surgery and my next fill should be in march.

Hi Style...I was banded on the 16th. Didn't start feeling hungry until I started on pureed foods on the 29th. The first two weeks I got very full on the Protein drinks. I've found that cottage cheese and refried Beans w/cheese are very filling during the mushy stage of eating. As is egg and tuna salad. I also drink Kellogg's Protein Water between meals along with Protein shakes. That helps to take the edge off for me.

I noticed the Kellogs Protein Water was very helpful in controlling the hunger. My big problem right now is not getting full, but staying that way. I will be starving 15 minutes after eating and being full. I am having a hard time not drinking while eating though, which I am sure makes a difference. I have a dietician appt at the bariatric center tomorrow, and I am really hoping to be put on mushies.

I am going to redefine what normal is for me. Before, normal was tired, munching, bored, and unmotivated. I want my new normal to be satisfied (not hungry or full), energetic, busy and happy.

I feel better, but I am so tired from lack of calories...

I am going to redefine what normal is for me. Before, normal was tired, munching, bored, and unmotivated. I want my new normal to be satisfied (not hungry or full), energetic, busy and happy.

I feel better, but I am so tired from lack of calories...

Als...when were you banded? If you're not on mushies yet, I'm assuming it wasn't long ago. Are you sipping on Protein shakes throughout the day? If not, and your doctor hasn't told you otherwise, try doing so. The Protein Shakes really kept me filled up. I liked ready-to-drink Myoplex Original the best. 42 grams of Protein in one shake and I could sip on it all day long. I'd do 1 1/2 to 2 of those a day and I got in my required protein no problem. They are very filling!

Also, I was very tired from lack of calories, too. That's not unusual. You're supposed to be tired...remember this is the phase that your body is healing in. Just take it as easy as you can. Resting, walking, and protein intake are the most important to focus on at this point.