Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is anyone else super hungry?

I was banded on 12/11 and have been on solids since 12/20. I know everyone's experience is different but I am extremely hungry a lot of the time. I have bumped my calories up to 800-900 and that helped a little, but I was not expecting this! Plus I never really feel full and can easily eat up to 1 cup of food at a time. I am not scheduled for my first fill until late January and don't think I can last that long!

I was banded 12/8 and have done ok postop. So far all I have eaten is skim milk, chicken broth, and nsa popcicles....except for a teaspoon of mashed potatoes and a teaspoon of squash christmas day. I walked/ran on my treadmill today for the first time and I feel a little sore.....I drank my milk after and my hunger has subsided. I don't really feel a restriction, but I have realized that I used to gulp fluids. That has been the biggest adjustment. Last night I sneezed and felt a burning at one of my lap sites and it stayed there all night. I took some pain medicine and it seems to be okay today.....So far so good.....first fill is Jan 6th

I agree! I feel like I am STARVING! I was banded on 12/18 so I am still on the liquid stage but even after drinking a Protein Shake an hour later I am hungry again. I've been trying to fill up on Water and that seems to make it worse. I am sick of pudding, broth, yogurt and jello! I've even tried making smoothies with my Protein Powder and that STILL doesn't do it. I almost want to cry because I am soooo hungry! I tried some Tomato Soup last night and it seemed to give me gas after about a tablespoon of it but I was full. I just can't stand Tomato soup! Someone tell me something please! :frown: :crying::crying::thumbup:

tmg333- I started this thread and was banded only one week before you. I was really worried about how hungry I was but after a little over a week on solids the hunger has gotten better. I actually called my doc today and asked about moving up my first fill (not scheduled until 1/26) but he said no. He evidently doesn't like to do the 1st fill until around 6 weeks after surgery. So anyway, hang in there, it does get better.

I was banded on 12-22-08 and am not so much hungry, but I want to eat real food. I only have two more days until the soft foods stage, but I want to go downstairs right now heat up the turkey meatballs and eat them. Help, I don't know, I really want to eat real food.