Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OMG! My belly is itching so badly. I was banded on 12/4 and it is killing me. I just rub lightly to ease the discomfort. I put lotion around the strips in hope that would ease but only slightly better.

Anybody else have this? I will be so glad when these things fall off.

:wink_smile:

It is fairly common. I am sorry to say that I can't think of a single thing that actually helped the itching. You do want to do your best not to scratch them. You might try some topical itch cream around the area but not on the insicions.

Is it only around the strips? If not and you start to see red areas then call your Dr right away and make him see you. I was banded on 11/11 and four days after I started getting this rash all over my belly and it started to blister and hurt really bad. (I cried several times a day) It ended up that I have a allergy to the prep that they use on your belly before surgery. I felt like a burn patient! Now they say it will take several months for the skin to be the same color as the area's that the prep didn't touch.

Bobbi151...Same thing happened to me! But a couple days after my skin was back to normal. But I know now to let the doc know I am allergic to Iodine.

I was banded just last Friday 12/5 and have some itching too. Doesn't sound like as bad as yours but I just do a light scratch around the bandages but not on the actual incisions or bandages. It releaves it for a while and then a lite scratch again later.

I put cocoa butter around the strips that that eased it quite a bit. Thanks for all the responses.

I am glad that you got some relief.

I was banded on 11-25-08 and still suffer from itching. In fact I went to the doctor today for my 2 week post-op f/u. The nurse commented that they have been getting alot of complaints lately about people getting rashs where the strips were placed on them. She even commented that one guy had blisters with the rash.

Personnely my whole stomach itches bad including the area where they shaved me. It's gets so bad that I have trouble sleeping. The only relief I have found is Gold Bond cream, and of course not on the actual incisions.

Ok I no longer feel like a crazy person! I had the rash, the itching, the blistering the whole nine yards! I called my Dr. and they said maybe I was allergic to the strips and on day 7 post op they said to take the steri strips off. Once I did that it started to heal up. The blisters dried up and the skin starting pealing. I still itch some and my stomach is discolored but only where the strips where. You should definetly ask your Dr. how soon you can get the strips off because nothing else helped me. Good Luck!!:tt1:

What about liquid Benedril? I took it and it really helped.

jazie

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches