Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser southern ca bmi 39, not too fat?

I REALLY CAN'T STAND THIS!

Ok so I am 5'9, 264 lbs, bmi 39, every time I have tried to get a referral with pcp with KAISER in the last 5 years, i get denied. OBESE BUT NOT QUITE OBESE ENOUGH.Last time I even burst myself in tears in front of my doctor and all, I said I am very depressed, it's not easy to just say oh exercise and eat healthy coming from a petite oriental doctor standing in front of me, she was just numb and telling me about all these rules that Kaiser has and she just can't give me the referral at all at my current weight. Meaning I would have to eat more to be a candidate?

Even then, if I was to increase my BMI to 40 + I would have to have high blood pressure, to be diabetic, etc...which I am not.

I am so lost here! I can try to lose the weight but it's not permanent. I would put 10 lbs extra after it's all done. I do rely on phentermine a lot for all my weight loss chapters, which I do lose but immediately after 2 weeks it wears off and I am back eating more than before and soon gaining it all back so I am so frustated and no help at all. So my plan is, I have changed pcp and I am going back to get this referral for once and for all, I can't take it any more. So let's see what happens, I am gathering all the information I can as far as my medical records, I have been on this yoyo weight for 2 years now. Please girls any suggestions? Please do share, anything you can share with me.... thank you so much!:whatchutalkingabout

Hi there! I'm not banded yet but gave up on Kaiser. The first time I asked, the Doc said Kaiser didn't even do banding only full bypass. Well, that made me leave them alone for a minute until I found out that wasn't true. I'm 5'11", 270lbs, 38bmi, no co-morbidities (sp). I couldn't bring myself to switch to another PPO just for this because I figured I would be pissed when they deny me too. ANYWAY, I have decided to go to Dr. Aceves in Mexicali. Already went down and met with the Doctor and checked out the hospital. It's really a great place. All I need to do is set a date now. As for coming up on the cash we're taking a loan on our retirement account, figured with the economy the way it is the interest we pay ourselves is better then throwing it down the drain! I'm sorry about the Kaiser issue. Like you I even went the whole "depression, crying, possibly even suicidal" route and instead I got a referral to a mental health group stress relief class:mad: May you get what you wish for this Christmas.

Very cool!!! I am so happy to hear that you have decided and is serious about this. It shows you are definately not joking and you are ready to commit. I know everyone is struggling right now with the economy but I can't help but cheer for you, and please keep me posted, I wish you all the b:thumbup:est on this new journey!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches