Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded 26June08. I was doing fairly well the first 4 months (-54 pounds) even though I was having some fairly major non-band medical issues the first 2 1/2 months.

Then the plateau hit :wub:. I went home to Mi for a couple of weeks and gained 6 pounds (really not sure how... was PB'ing every time I ate. Was actually on liquids the last 5 days there. Within a week of getting home, I lost the 6 plus 1 to put me at -55. I have since gained back a pound and have been stuck at the same point for a couple weeks.

I have had another fill (7.0 in a 10cc band), I have bought an exercise bike (last week) I have not fallen into the "Screw it... I'm not losing, I might as well eat" mindset. I have added more Water. But still I am not losing. :whatchutalkingabout

I know that plateaus will happen, but I am soooo aggravated and frustrated, I just want to throw my scale through a plate glass window.

I keep telling myself this too shall pass... but it is not easy at all.

Any words of wisdom?

Hey girl !!!

Dont be frustrated ! Have you looked at what your doing ?

Are you eating too much , too little ? Are you mixing things up w/ your work outs ? Our bodies like " new" things.

Try starting from the basics . Give your fill a little more time to kick in . Your right though , Throw the scale out for a while !

Dont weight unless and until you go to the doc !

The scale can be our best friend or our worst enemy !

You have come so far. Your doing the right things. Give it time to kick in .

Im here if you need me ! Dont shut yourself off when you need friends though !

you know you can call me anytime !

Mindy

Julie - One of the things that a good friend of mine who had WLS before me said was to measure myself. It seems that we will loose inches while these trying times happen and it helps to know that something is still happening. Also, I mapped the plateaus on a calendar and mine seemed to happen in a pattern so I could prepare myself emotionally for them ahead of time. The other thing that happened when I charted them is I realized that they weren't actually as long as I thought they were. If you have lost 55 pounds since June, you are on the high end of the weight loss. Your body will take these times to adjust itself and then it will move on. Trust me, you will look back at times like these in the future and be amazed that overall things came off pretty darned fast.

Good luck and keep your chin up. You're doing great!

Julie,

Plateaus happen... over and over... Keep doing the right things. I plateaued for 5 weeks once and thought I was going to shoot myself... I wasn't eating too much of ANYTHING during that time and thought, "Maybe this is it...." and then, the scale finally budged.

Some suggestions... Kick your exercise up for a couple days. Change your normal eating routine as well. Eat some foods you normally don't. Also have one day (and keep it to one day!) where you eat a bit of forbidden foods. maybe an extra bowl of ice cream added. A small cheat every 10-12 days for me, has generally kept the pounds coming off.

All in all, STAY POSITIVE. As a previous poster said, measuring yourself is a great idea. During my plateau, I lost no weight... but I dropped a whole dress size. From a 12 to a 10. I am now an 8, and even though I am not dropping more than a pound every two weeks, my waist is continuing to get smaller... I'll bet that you are in the same boat... and you don't even know it yet!