Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Evening ladies,

You all have been busy losing weight I see! Would love to congratulate you all but Im feeling a little too jealous to do that right now! Jeez - can I just get banded already!

It's really late and I just read thru 5 pages of posts - so much I want to comment on but it will have to wait as I am exhusted.

I did jump on tonight because I feel the need for confession: (I'm a catholic girl by birth) Went to the movies today and I ate POPCORN! carb, carb, carb! that just set me so far back, I know it! Ladies, please forgive my sin so I don't wake up 5lbs bigger!

candy - thank you, thank you and THANK YOU for the compliment!! Good for my self esteem :thumbdown: The hubby got me that shirt as Macy's - too bad he doesn't get the condept of "macy's women" as it probably would look alot better in a bigger size LOL.

See you all tomorrow!

Nicole - you changed your siggy - whoo hoo

And Christine - I had to tell you how impressed I am with your success

Pam & Tina - you broke thru your plateaus!!! yeeeha!!

There was something else I felt the need to say just a minute ago but my brain is mush and I can't remember -

going to sleep now

I guess I will figure out if I have to much in the next few days. Today I was in tears cause I really thought I was making good food choices...........and than still get stuck.

He was right on that he can't tight it up to much if I am still PB'ing on things.

But here is something interesting. It is almost that time of the month and I don't know about everyone else but I seem to get tighter for a few days and have more problems that time of the month and that things get easier. Last time I got a fill it was the same timing. Next time............LOL..........should be about time again.

I think the hormones and Water bloating might effect the tightness of the band............something I read on another posting.........what do you all think?? Happen to you? I will ask Dr. Baggs next time.

I gotta up the exercise tomorrow.

Chris great idea. I have a toning and weight lifting videos and the weights here at home...........not cardio but certain doable and good idea!!

Anyone know about Joyce Vandral? SHe is into toning and weight lifting for women..........love her!!

ALso read Covert Baileys book The Ultimate Fit or Fat today...............really great book I love him. I have read all of his stuff. He is funny but gets his point across.

He is a firm believer that diet without exercise will fail. Says that the more you build the muscles the more your metabolism goes up to fuel the muscle. So he recommends cardio and weight lifting..............he is a physiologist so he says there is some chemical reaction in the body to exercise that kicks up weight lose and fires up the metabolism. I gotta believe that is true.........great book ladies really good book. Waiting to get to the chapter "secrets to rev up weight loss" I will post if there is anything new.........

So Chris that is why I bring up daily exercise log today!! LOL. I know I gotta rev it up more the next month and than see what happens.......but the scale is finally going down.........

yea 450 is not great and I am sorta hungry but not willing to chance another PB tonight. I think I need to give it a rest today. I don't want the band to slip I am scared of that. I can drink Water so I am ok there. I plan to do better tomorrow. I am just worn out today. I lose better at about 1000. Drinking lost of Water and crystal light but sorta just not wanting to touch food right now!!

Ah I have a huge family event tomorrow with lots of food and i know I can't touch to much of it. Guess you can tell I am worried about how it will go............all my favorite stuff.

Nicole crackers are out now!!! LOL. That is what made me PB twice today. I could eat them two days ago ..............well eat to many of them yesterday. Today I ate three and it was to much.

Two days ago I MIGHT have eaten more than 5 (5 at 70 calories, 10 at 140 calories) it is possible I might have eaten several crackers over the course of a day.................no more, no more!!

Edited by swrktp

Tina you poor thing! Stay on softs or even liquids until you drop another 5 . . . crackers make me PB too, but also I am WAY too tight - and ALWAYS PB - if i try to eat while I am upset! I learned that quick . . . and it sure got rid of eating to quelch ONE emotion at least.

Yea I could hardly eat salad at first, but I at the rest of it about 3 . . . . then I came home and had:

2 boca burger patties w/sugar-free carb-free BBQ Sauce

1 hard-boiled egg

1/2 cup lentils (didn't finish those)

this was between 5:30 and 6, it took me that long to eat it! That is a LOT of food, but my objective was to avoid dinner B and that part worked, I was full when I sent to bed.

I am always tight in the AM and have a hard time eating anything - hence my Decaf sol slender lattes, or fruit. Even egg beaters is hard in the AM unless I wait until 11ish. It gets easier to eat as the day wears on, witness what all I at for dinner just 1 day after my 3rd fill! It was all slider food though, except the egg and not so much the lentils. I was going for filling both tummies I guess, I just do NOT feel satisfied when only the pouch tummy is full!!

Have a great meeting today girls, mine is an activity group this morning so I'm strapping on my hiking boots.

Excercise:(yesterday) walked 8.45 miles

Hey girls, I won't be at the meeting today. Weekends in the summer are just super busy around our family, but I'll try next month. We should try to schedule another meet-up soon.

Have a good time though!

Okay, so I had Bri hide the scale til next Saturday. I've decided to start weighing only once a week, but I only trust myself to stick to it if I don't know where the scale is! I'm so happy with the weight I was yesterday and I don't want to play the daily weigh game and see it fluctuate...it gets very frustrating. The damn thing just calls my name though and I can't help but to stand on it. SO--my goal is to be 225 next Saturday, and I would be down 72.5 lbs down.

We're going on vacation next Saturday for a week and my goal since January has been to be down 70 lbs when we leave...I'M SO CLOSE I CAN TASTE IT!!! I think I'll stay more motivated when I'm not on the scale every day. Wish me luck!

We're going to the pool today with ALL my family: mom, dad, 4 sisters, 3 bros in law, 12 grandkids. It's gonna be so fun and I'm TOTALLY gonna rock the diving boards and Water slide! I'm so ready for it, I haven't done those things in so many years cuz of being self-conscious but today I'm over that crap and I am going to have FUN. I might even take a camera and get some picture proof of it to show ya.

Have a great day everyone! I know I will!!

I am sooo excited about today.

Are we doing lunch or anything after, and if so can my hubby and baby join? They will get pretty bored if i make them sit in the car for too long:(

Anyone else going to the Celebrate America event tonight at the Twin Oaks Park?

Hey Ladies not sure if I will make it today or not. I am trying. Still helping my mom finish up the cooking this morning.

Donna if I don't make it I still have your book and I will make sure I get that to you.

I am down another pound this morning. So something is working again I guess. I ended up getting hungry in the middle of the night and got up and ate rasberries. Which were good and stayed down fine. I know it is a snack but than I noticed it was 1am so that is a new day and Breakfast........not a snack!! Yahoo!!

Riley girl you rock on the exercise!! I wish I did to. I used to when I first got married run 3 miles and day and was addicted to the runners high. But my marriage was crazy and I let myself get sucked into no exercise and gained weight with my husband. He was 6'2 and 350 big guy!! And he could eat like no ones business. McDonalds was always 3 hamburgers not just one for him. I really gained weight when I was with him. That is when I really packed the weight on since he hated my running obession!!

Candra you are beautiful!! I told you that before!! :-) Italian beauty no matter what you weight.

Nicole still thirsty and what it the thing going on tonight?

candy so glad you will be at the group fill on the 23rd.

Riley I am doing liqiuds this morning and than see how it goes. My goal is no PB's at all today and I am gonna be careful what I eat. I think maybe I am not to tight but maybe just not following the portions sizes well enough.....cause some thing I can eat just fine and way to much. Other times a couple of bites does me in......

Christine you go girl. Love the positive attitude you have going on and OMG I was happy for you again when I saw your ticker today.

So I am 214 this morning!! I finally get to change my ticker!!! :-)

OMG when I change the ticker I will be officially at 40 instead of 39....................

Candra have to tell you girl I am a bit jealous that you can still eat popcorn!! I know that would get stuck for me. So enjoy it now.......just not to much.........enjoy a diet coke for me as well. AFter banding there are moments when I get a bit pissed off I can't have something I used to like .......like when everyone else is eating them and I standing there wishing. So enjoy it cause soon it will be over.........which is good and bad!! Like Christine told me enjoy the diet coke one last time cause after banding it is over..................and I did!! :-)

Edited by swrktp

Ah 40 down 64 to go...........I hope I don't have to fight as hard for the rest of the weight lose as I fought for the 40!! Knowing me I probably will!!

Oh I am so proud of all my girls! We SO rock. The very best thing is Christine's attitude, you ROCK Christine I love it! During my fill Liz asked me to tell the biggest change since losing weight, the first thing that came to mind was that I'm totally out there now, don't give a crap just being myself and having a great time whatever the activity is (and picking up boys like crazy suddenly, BTW!) but I could not say the picking up boys part! So I said something like, having abundant energy in the evenings after work, LOL! That seemed to make them happy . . .

Nicole your thirst worries me, I have excess thirst every 2 days and that is normal given the weather & my exercise level, but if yours is like you crave Water ALL the time and it keeps up I want you to test your blood sugar, you are young enough to still come down with Type 1 (Type 2 would be REALLY unlikely at this point) and excessive thirst is the #1 indicator, thats how I knew my son had diabetes. But probably since you have cut out carbs it is because you are in ketosis, which is GREAT as long as you do not have diabetes! Means your body is in fat-burn mode and you should no longer get hungry or crave carbs. You get rid of the by-products of burning fat (the ketones) through urine so your body NEEDS a tone of Water and will crave it. Bad taste in the mouth goes along with it :-)

OK so far:

8 am, Decaf americano

8:30 - 10:30 6 mile walk w/support group

10:30 - 11:00 breakfast- unsweetened soy milk (sugar free raspberry, decaf) latte, followed after 10 mins. by 1 cup strawberry halves (reduces to 1/2 cup) and 1/2 cup blueberries (could not finish - that's a first!)

It's 1:25 right now and I am not hungry for lunch yet! Yay. I sure did feel tight on those first few berry halves, each one was like 10 tiny bites till it felt like I could eat. No PBing!

I am going to try and stretch meal times out so that I have only 3 (plus my decaf soy latte because I CAN'T eat early AM right now) and nothing after 7 pm. SO like 10:30 Breakfast, 2 o'clock lunch, 6 o'clock dinner and eat enough "dense" Protein at dinner to hold me over past bedtime. I am going to try smoked turkey (yes, meat) breast tonight because I was losing a lot better until I stopped eating meat again a month or so ago, we shall see . . I hope that is not the difference, but ???

Edited by riley4183

Nice ticker Tina! The big 40!! woot, woot loving your fill yet??

Just saying hello to everyone! i explained today to my mom what was going to happen. she didnt tell me yes, but didnt tell me no....:)

back to reading! ttyl ladies!

Hey Tamra! So glad you found the binder OK :-) It's your weight loss bible now!!

OK it has been just over 4 hours and I am just now hungry for lunch. Sweet! I'm gonna go eat!