Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Christmas Goals

Hi everyone -

I just had my 9 month visit today, and I'm officially down 50 pounds in the last year (10 were before banding). I am completely excited.

With that 50 pounds, I have a new NSV - bought a dress at banana Republic...yes...me?!?!?! I couldn't believe it. It's a purple XL knit dress with a fold-over neck and I look terrific in it. I don't think I've ever been able to wear a dress from that shop before!!! But just buying it keeps me motivated!

I'm going to wear it to a Christmas concert in the cathedral on Dec. 11th.

That brings me to this thread.

Today I weighted 203 lbs. Down 50 and halfway to my final goal of 153.

My goal for Christmas is to weigh less than 200 lbs.

Does anyone else have Christmas goals that they are shooting for?

Anna

My Christmas goal has changed a bunch in the last month. I wanted to get another 6 pounds off to bring it to 120 pounds down from my highest. Now I'd be happy to just quick gaining, eat healthy 80% of the time or just get my daily calories under 1200. I'd love to lose the 9 pounds I put back on but I'm thinking that might be a bit much with 24 days to go and not much willpower. Just to give you an idea of how bad it is, I'm typing this while eating pizza and getting ready for some pie. Egads, I'm so out of control! I do feel like I'm close to ready to get back on track though. Guess it was just something I had to go through.

I had that "just get through" phase this summer. I had to get an unfill because I was too tight and then I went on vacation right after that for 2 weeks. I could eat anything...and everything. I was grateful that I only put on 3 pounds...

Hang in there, and just focus on all of the things you have accomplished. Down over 100 pounds...halfway to goal! You have a lot to be proud of. Sometimes we all need a little mental break. Just be sure it is a break and not a means toward self-sabotage.

I would like to lose another 2 pounds by the end of the year. I know that sounds lame, but my weight loss has slowed significantly in the past few months and honestly I have not been trying all that hard lately. I hope to get some momentum back after the holidays :biggrin: I need to get to a comfortable point so I can get rid of this extra skin, so I know I have to keep working at it.

I'm with Ezma...I just want to stop gaining, and maybe regain some control. I have none. zip. nada. rien. zilch.:):):biggrin::tt1::tt1:

Seems like many of us are past the honeymoon phase with our bands. Now we're into the true marriage phase and like a real marriage it's gonna take work to make it succeed.

Damn it. Where did my drive go? I'm just trying to hang on thru the holidays. I know this is always a tough time for me and I do know that it will be much easier to recommit after Christmas and New Years. Hang in there guys. We can make it! We've shown we can do it but right now the battle is a bit of a grind.

My goal is to hang in and not gain over the holidays. I would love to hit 199 by Jan 1, but I am not going to stress myself out to do it.

I am in such a better place than I was last year this time so I am thankful for each pound lost, (all 82 of them) and looking forward to the new year. 2008 will go down as one of my best but I'm looking forward to whatever new adventures I can find in 2009.

I have already signed up for the post holiday weight management class offered at my Curves. I think I need a little motivation and some getting back to the basics. I've allowed myself to slip into some bad habits and need to nix them and get back into eating more healthy.

Thank you all for being there to encourage me this year. I don't think I would have succeeded without you! You are the best!

Love ya!

Hi VV's. I have been with you since the 12th of Feb. My first goal is to thank each of you that have posted your journey. Thank you. I started my journey at appx. 310 lbs. and as of this morning My scale said 199 !!!. This is my second post. I'm 69 years old and slowly learning to come out from my shell. My Christmas goal is to let you know me a little more Love to you wonderous VV. Audrey

I'm with Ezma...I just want to stop gaining, and maybe regain some control. I have none. zip. nada. rien. zilch.:):blushing::tongue2::blink::sleep2:

My christmas goal this year is not to gain. That's it. I will kick myself on new years. But as it is, I am just gonna work on not going backwards right now.

New years I will start my resolution exercise routine.

Hello Everyone;

Yes, Ezma it seems like the marriage part has truly set in. I don't feel like I have lost control, but I have really slowed down. My dietician says that I still have at least 15 good months of weight loss ahead of me (I guess after that the "7 year itch" sets in).

I had been scheduled to speak to our support group the first Tuesday in March, since that will be my bandiversary. So that is my motivation to keep going through the holidays.

My big goal is to drop out of the obese BMI into your common, garden variety fat category!

Merry Christmas everyone!

Hi VV's. I have been with you since the 12th of Feb. My first goal is to thank each of you that have posted your journey. Thank you. I started my journey at appx. 310 lbs. and as of this morning My scale said 199 !!!. This is my second post. I'm 69 years old and slowly learning to come out from my shell. My Christmas goal is to let you know me a little more Love to you wonderous VV. Audrey

It's nice to meet you Audrey, and congratulations on your terrific weight lost! Welcome to onederland! :thumbup: Your post really made me smile. Love to you as well, please stay in touch! :thumbup:

My own personal Christmas goal - not to gain anything, LOL. I managed that over Thanksgiving, now I have to get through Christmas. It's those homemade Christmas Cookies that are my enemy! I have a hard time resisting those. I used to bake a lot myself at Christmas - I'd make several batches of different kinds of Cookies, then put them in Christmas tins and share them with family (saving some for my own household, of course!) :lol: This year I don't know if I can bake all that, and not over eat them. My weakness! The New Year's resolution to join Curves - hey, I'd like to get in on that. Do they have a special going on now?

Love and Merry Christmas to all! (or however you Celebrate, I wish you the very best of the holidays).

My family is coming in 2 weeks I hope not to gain while they are here...I'm down to 155 and I fit in a size 6 jeans from tommy..yes they look painted on but I don't care...so my goal is to drop this last 5lbs...

Congrats Audrey!!! That is really fantastic. You have inspired me again. Please let me make it thru the day with nothing but good eating. I wanna have a post like this one day too. And come on out of your shell - especially here it will be easy.

Lori & Ezma thanks for the welcome. I want to make good food for my family this Christmas. Hopefully I will not become overwhelmed by the season and lose track of how I am to take care of myself. Eat like a bandster,exercise, pray a lot. Audrey

Eat like a bandster,exercise, pray a lot. Audrey

Beautiful words to live by!:sad_smile: