Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Exercise Challenge

i was actually giggling at one point - hubby can now root for the gmen...

cc - we'll def have a jan thread!!!

If your hubby starts cheering for the Gnats, I would lose all respect for him as a Cowboys fan. How can you even ask him to degrade himself like that?:tongue2:

If your hubby starts cheering for the Gnats, I would lose all respect for him as a Cowboys fan. How can you even ask him to degrade himself like that?:tongue2:

it's all wishful thinking on my part. he'll root harder for WHOMEVER rather than the g"nats......we'll if between eagles & gmen - G'NATS win his vote.

Guest Leslie2Lose

Okay - I walked/jogged/ran this morning for 20 minutes. Then rode the bicycle for five miles! I feel great today!

Hope you all are well :-)

Are you guys utilizing an elliptical machine at home? I am considering purchasing one, but I have questions:

1. Does an elliptical machine give a better work out than a treadmill or do they provide the same type of cardio workout?
  2. Does the ellipitcal machine give an all over body workout?
  3. What home elliptical models are a good purchase?

Are you guys utilizing an elliptical machine at home? I am considering purchasing one, but I have questions:

1. Does an elliptical machine give a better work out than a treadmill or do they provide the same type of cardio workout?
  2. Does the ellipitcal machine give an all over body workout?
  3. What home elliptical models are a good purchase?

i use the elliptical at the gym, not sure brand/model names.

i like the elliptical to mix things up, and it's less impact on the knees - but it does not give me an all over body workout. i know there are "arm" handles to swing with - but i can never use them. i'm barely 5'1 and have short arms - vertically challenged....can't reach them w/out leaning way forward...

hopefully others w/an elliptical chime in.......taps has a wave machine at her Y - that's what i wish my gym would buy.

Guest Leslie2Lose

I use the elliptical at the gym. When I was running it was every other day - so I'd alternate. I always got a good butt and back leg workout with the Elliptical. I'm taller than Lulu - so I use the arm "thingies"...

Our Y doesn't have one of those machines. I think it is give or take...depending on the resistance you use as well. Also you have the option of going "backwards"...that works different muscles...kicks my bootay, but a good workout...

It's a toss up for me...works different body parts.

it's all wishful thinking on my part. he'll root harder for WHOMEVER rather than the g"nats......we'll if between eagles & gmen - G'NATS win his vote.

If it comes down to btwn Shegals and Gnats, I'm not watching.:frown:

I'm still a little bitter.:crying:

Today: 30 minutes treadmill 4% incline for a very slow 1-mile walk. I am so sore from yesterday. Plus, 30 minutes lower body work out.

Forgotten when I last posted...

Sunday DH and I walked 15kms. So last night, had an easy recovery jog - ran 10.5kms in - wait for it - the scintillating speed of an hour and a half, lol (I can run a sub 60 min 10k). Gosh it was nice though, didnt get out of breath the entire way.

Knees really shot this mornign though after a 12kms walk, a 15kms walk and a 10kms run, so I did my circuit today sans any tough lower body work - seriously, i dont really NEED to do basic leg exercises like squats, my quads and hammies get more than enough work. I didnt run on the treadmill either, just put the incline up to 9 and walked at 4 mph in the intervals. Did pushups, arm and back work, lots of work on the glutes (even some side skipping up the treadmill incline) and plenty of core work).

Not sure tomorrow, might have a rest for the next 2 days I think.

Guest Leslie2Lose

Well I made it to the parking lot this morning and realised my gym shoes were in the wash room (where I'd taken them off from the day before)...so I went back home. Nothing this morning. The kiddos are going to my parents for a few days while they are on Christmas Break. So I won't be able to do anything after work...hmmmm....I see an exercise DVD in my future after dinner tonight. Something to keep me moving...

I need to get motivated! Time to get the clothes off the elliptical in the basement!!

Guest Leslie2Lose

Dust it of CC! You can do it!

This morning:

15 minutes on treadmill

35 minutes on elliptical

15 minutes on treadmill

35 minutes on elliptical

No double posting, that was my split. Working late shift today and figured I would get some extra in. Tomorrow I'm off, so I will do about the same amount tomorrow.

Stay positive CC, it will come.

I'm taller than Lulu - so I use the arm "thingies"...

i do call them arm thingies...LOL

they need to make equipment for the short folk...HA

today - still have head cold but DH is on vacation so we go to the gym.

25min interval bike training

35min treadmill - no running; didn't have enough tissues:tongue2:

Guest Leslie2Lose

i do call them arm thingies...LOL

they need to make equipment for the short folk...HA

LOL - I do too girl...I'm sure they have an official name...thingies fits perfectly though...or doohickies - another official term!

Hope you feel better soon!