Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok - so my incisions (6) are covered with this "saran wrap" sticky stuff! I have the steri-strips, with little heart shaped gauzes over them, then saran wrap! Kind of like ClingWrap, but sticky! Now I'll admit I'm a big wuss with pain, but how in the heck do I get this stuff off !?!? I tried pulling it off in the shower, and got about 1/4" before I gave up! Any ideas?! I need this stuff off!!! :thumbup:

I guess my first question would be, why do you need it off so quickly? You have only been banded for a few days. If you take it off too quickly, your incisions won't heal as well and will look worse once you do lose your weight.

Everything comes off with time since you shed skin cells. I would let it go for a while.

what ever you do DO NOT REMOVE the steri-strips, it's way too early and your incisions will not heal properly. when they come off it means it time for them to. now the bandages that covered the steri-strips we were told to remove those once we made it home. and the tape is very hard to come off and left alot of tape residue stuck to my skin for days:glare:. Once you get the bandages off you can take your finger and rub it back and forth and the adhesive should start to roll up into a ball and then you have to pull it off that way:wink2:...lol yeah it was stuck pretty good, i think it may have took some of my skin with it, :thumbup: but it's all good i have plenty to donate!

Dr. Ernest C. Rehnke

Palms Of Pasadena

St.Petersburg, Fl.

I was banded on 11/12/08 and I still have my steri strips on....my post surgery information said to leave them on if they do not come off after 10 days they may be removed.

They should've given you post op instructions, which you need to follow. and yes, it is too soon.

The gauze & tape over the steri strips they told me to try to remove day 2 in the shower,a couple came off no problem the others made me feel nauseated when I pulled so they stayed on a couple more days.I'm 9 days out and have lost my two side steristrips on the small incisions but my big one and the one on top nor the belly buttton are ready.They told me 10-14 days and to let them fall when there ready and I'm in no hurry.Everything takes time is what I'm learning!!

Take care!!:)

Hi, I was banded on 11/11/08 and my four incisions still have their steri-strips on. My doctor told me to leave them on and that they would eventually fall off. If they did not fall off she would take them off at my first post op visit on 11/26/08.:drool:

If I were you, I would leave them alone or call your doctor for clarification.

hahah "sticky saran wrap" - i love it!

that's all i had on my 5 incisions. i was instructed to peel them off, left to right, at 7 days post-op. since i was an out-of-town patient i had to remove them myself because i wasn't going to fly back to the surgeon to have him remove them.

anyways, i was scared to do it (i'm a wuss) and ended up waiting 10 days to remove them. they just peel right off, albeit they are really sticky and it will take a little force to peel them off totally, but after 7 days you should be good to go.

certainly your surgeon gave you instructions on when to remove them? if not, call and ask.