Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

skinnyjenny08 aint so skinny and 08 is almost over!!!

krtork,

wow 5k in 9 weeks. That's awesome. I can't see myself getting to run or walk that much in just 9 weeks but your right about setting goals. I'd say your ready to talk about a mini marathon in the spring or heck a full marathon.

I have had the same issues. I was banded in June 08. Including the pre-diet I lost a total of 29 pounds. I gained 5 back so I at this point I have lost 24 pounds.

I have had 3 fills. Most of the time I do not ever get that full feeling, but I do eat less than I used to. There are several kinds of foods I cannot eat, chicken, turkey, some breads, eggs, and steak. Some days I can barely eat oatmeal without doubling over in pain. I really did not exercise much until about a month ago. I try to make up 6 flights of stairs once to twice a day and using one of those small jogger trampolines. I have to make this work. I believe my issue was not exercising; I am really working on that now. STRUGGLING to get smaller!!

Unfortunately exercising does more than just burn fat. It helps keep your metabolism up and your lower gastric intestinal from clogging up. I know my doctor told me I would hit plateaus along the way where my weight would flat line and that exercise was one of the best ways to get it jumpstarted down again. And that it was my body adjusting to the new weight but that I should start losing again. Just don't lose focus, what weight you have lost is gone forever. You might check your intake and see if you're eating high calorie stuff for that can sabotage your weight loss. This ain't easy but it's not a sprint but a marathon.:confused_smile:

Exercise is Key. You have to get some in. Go for a walk, change your printer to a different location in the building.

When eating, think Protein first. If you don't get 50g of Protein a day, that can slow your losses.

Drinking plenty of Water - not just sugar free drinks, but Water. - This is how you flush the fat out of your body.

You have to move to lose weight, even if its only for a few minutes at a time. I have to be to work by 7:30, I get up 15 minutes earlier than I used to and take the dog for a walk. Then at night, I pace the kitchen while making dinner, I step up and down my bottom stairs while on the phone, or waiting for laundry to ding. Weekends, my husband knows he's in charge in of Breakfast while I go for my walks or to the gym. You have to be creative, but if it's important to you, you will make it work.

:)

I have not been drinking any Protein Drinks for a couple months now. I thought I would get enough Protein from fish and cheese, etc. I was concerned the protein drinks would add weight. You are saying it assists in weight loss?? Maybe that is my problem. Or at least one of them. How does the protein help loose weight? I guess I had the protein part all wrong.

When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on. "~ Franklin D. Roosevelt

Laney... IMO... Once you're on solid foods, focus on getting Protein from natural food sources. A quick internet search for high protein foods will return lots of options. I would do your best to stay away from liquid calories. The big Protein Shake kick (which I never did get into) is focused toward people starting out who can't eat solid foods or can't eat enough solid foods to get adequate protein.

It seems like every surgeon/nutritionist is different, but that's my 0.02....

Brad

:blushing:

I have not been drinking any Protein drinks for a couple months now. I thought I would get enough protein from fish and cheese, etc. I was concerned the protein drinks would add weight. You are saying it assists in weight loss?? Maybe that is my problem. Or at least one of them. How does the protein help loose weight? I guess I had the protein part all wrong.

When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on. "~ Franklin D. Roosevelt

My doctor said no more protein drinks. They are only needed during the early days after surgery when you can't get the protein in . . . or if for some reason you have to go on liquids for a couple of days.

All protein should come from natural food sources because you want something that is going to stick in your pouch and make you feel full for a while. Protein drinks just go through the band and you are not realizing the band benefits of feeling full and satisfied by drinking them.

I have had the same issues. I was banded in June 08. Including the pre-diet I lost a total of 29 pounds. I gained 5 back so I at this point I have lost 24 pounds.

I have had 3 fills. Most of the time I do not ever get that full feeling, but I do eat less than I used to. There are several kinds of foods I cannot eat, chicken, turkey, some breads, eggs, and steak. Some days I can barely eat oatmeal without doubling over in pain. I really did not exercise much until about a month ago. I try to make up 6 flights of stairs once to twice a day and using one of those small jogger trampolines. I have to make this work. I believe my issue was not exercising; I am really working on that now. STRUGGLING to get smaller!!

The foods you can't eat seem to include a lot of Protein choices. Even though you don't feel full, it sounds like you may either be too tight . . . or maybe you need to eat a little slower and chew more to get them down. If you are eating a lot of carbs that are soft, they may go down easy enough that you don't feel full but may keep you from losing the weight.

What are you eating throughout the day?

Hey Jenny...

I too am a bit dissapointed in myself. I was banded on July 22nd and have not lost as much as I had hoped. I do excercise 2 times a week, sometimes 3. But I can eat anything except chicken (it seems to be too dry). I think I eat too much, but my doc is happy with my progress. I've had 2 fills, but I'd swear I need another one. It just seems like I'm eating way too much, although I'm actually eating 1/2 of what I would have pre-band! I am down from a 20 to a 16 in most clothes. But it just seems like I should have lost more weight:sad:

I do feel your pain, especially since I was SELF PAY! Hope it works out better for you....I figure it will only get better from here! Good Luck!! You can do it!!!!!