Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I can't believe some of the things I can't eat now

I am alright with eliminating foods that do not go down well. I understand the bread thing and I am ok with it. I could probably eat 1/2 a slice if its toasted and I go really slow..

But there is something in chocolate milk and Margaritas that doesn't agree with me. Yes I know im not suppose to have margaritas but I do have the occasional drink. I lose weight just fine so I am not gonna beat myself up about it.

What is the link between margarita and chocolate milk though? I drink lots of milk everyday sometimes up to 16-24 oz of non fat for Protein and it's low calorie. It feels like the second I take a drink of either one my throat tightens and it seals off my stomach.. I slime then PB even if its just a sip or 2 of either one. I have put this on the not touching again list lol.

Anyone else have foods that should go down easy that doesnt?

oh i'd be pissed if margaritas gave me a hard time...:rolleyes2:

i treat myself each wk with one & they go down JUST fine - almost too well.

i've not tried chocolate milk - but do drink regular milk (skim) fine..these might be just some of the things that give you trouble now, but might be able to enjoy further down the road??

dry chicken & sushi rolls are my only real problem food - have to have moist chicken & take my time w/the sticky rice.

Any kind of milk drink causes me to have excess mucus. This was true for me even before the band, so maybe it triggers the sliming more than an actual restriction, and the excess mucus just backs up?

Margarita mix has never sat well with me. I always thought it was the citrus content or something. It makes my throat feel hot which I always thought was a type of reflux or heartburn. Maybe just stick with tequila shots and a lime chaser. :rolleyes2:

Lulu I hope you're right.. I am missing my treats when we go to mexican lol

I like Spendi idea too though...

Maybe it's the cold of the liquid? If I take a large swallow of anything cold, it's like my band just squeezes as tight as it can and I'll get liquid stuck and slime. Love milk, but must take tiny sips. Cool, lukewarm or even hot liquids no problem at all.

Applesauce.

Anything plasma like - pudding, ice cream, etc....

comes back up.

Don't understand that one.

Wow that is really strange. Good thing I don't really like ice cream cause that really goes down easy lol`

Maybe it's the cold of the liquid? If I take a large swallow of anything cold, it's like my band just squeezes as tight as it can and I'll get liquid stuck and slime. Love milk, but must take tiny sips. Cool, lukewarm or even hot liquids no problem at all.

I am super tight in the mornings so I get up at 5 am and pour myself a 16 oz glass of milk with my benefiber in it at 6am. I take it in the car and drink it on the way to work and finish it up at work... Usually takes about 1 hour to finish 16 oz so I am sipping alot. If I tried to replace the milk with chocolate milk which i have done it would last about 3 sips before I slimmed all over and then PB'd. So I know it's not how I drink I cannot take large swallows of anything :thumbup: After the milk I drink a large glass of Decaf hot tea and then move onto foods.

So far the only thing I can't handle (at all) is bread. It just sits there and hurts. I've not brought it back up, and I've not PB'd yet. But OUCH!

My band doesn't like cold though. So things have to be warmer. In the morning I have to have warm tea, or Decaf coffee, to let me eat Breakfast about half an hour later.

It's a learning curve. You learn quickly what goes and what doesn't.

teri

For me, anything cold has to go down very slow. A big swallow of anything cold and it comes back up. Warm liquids are not a problem. I have been banded for 11 months now and I think I am at my sweet spot. I have found that there is not a food I can't eat, so long as I take it nice and slow. Early on, I thought there were some foods that I couldn't tolerate (like salad), but it just turned out that I was eating them too fast. Now I eat whatever I want, I just eat it really slowly. Until I got this all figured out I wasn't losing weight consistently, but for the last few months, it has been steady at about 8 lbs per month.

You know, I don't think I've had a margarita since my surgery. Love them, only has to be on the rocks. Blended is a little too girly for my tastes.:thumbup: Also, has to be regular, no foo foo flavors.:)

So, question is, do you drink it on the rocks or blended? If it is blended, maybe there is something with the volume causing troubles. I drink chocolate milk from time to time and have no troubles with it. Not sure on that front.

I only drink them on the rocks no straw (to avoid gulps of air) No other flavors just regular.

I had a strawberry daquiri this weekend blended went down just fine lol

Go figure!

Oh then I Pb'd on 2 bites of chocolate ice cream. Bleh