Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've finally found a protien drink that tastes great!!

Hi everyone,

I have been asking everybody if they know of any good Protein Drinks out there! I finally found one on my own. It's called Bolthouse Farms Perfectly Protein Mocha Cappuccino, and it tastes like a mocha frappuccino from Starbucks and there is ABSOLUTELY NO Protein shake taste to it. I bought it at Save-On Foods in Alberta. It's made in the U.S. so I would imagine you would have it there too!

I can't handle any Protein drinks, they make me gag, but this one is FABULOUS!

It' has 2.5 grams of fat per serving , I love it and it curbs my appetite. There is some caffienne in it, and i know that some of you aren't supposed to have that, but if you can it's a great alternative. It is expensive though.

I hope this helps.

Sorry that I didn't see your post sooner, but someone that I met on here told me about the Bolthouse drinks and you are right....they are awesome!! I like the Mocha one best but there is also a good one called HAzelnut something. My doc doesn't recommend Protein drinks now that I can eat "real" food but I drink them after fills since I'm supposed to stay on liquids for 24 hours. They sell them in Wal Mart and HEB also. Glad you found them!

I'll have to look for the Hazelnut flavour, and I'm glad you told me that Wal-Mart sells them...I'll have to go to Wal-Mart and see if they have them there in Alberta.

Thanks Texas!

Edited by canadiangirl
forgot to insert a letter

What are the calories/carbs like? Pre-band I loved Bolthouse juices.

Here is the info you requested wyoming, I find that it compares to the power bars that were given to me by my band DR.

These drinks are a lifesaver to me I hope they are for you as well...Good Luck

Nutrition Facts Mocha Cappuccino

Serving Size 8 fl oz (240.0 g)

Amount Per Serving

Calories 178

Calories from Fat 23

% Daily Value*

Total Fat 2.5g

4%

Saturated Fat 1.5g

8%

Cholesterol 13mg

4%

Sodium 106mg

4%

Total Carbohydrates 29.0g

10%

Sugars 28.0g

Protein 10.0g

Vitamin A 8%•Vitamin C 150%Calcium 45%•Iron 10%* Based on a 2000 calorie diet

Thanks a bunch - The carb ratio is off for my docs requirements but I think I will get some and add unflavored whey protien to up the Protein.

Thanks for the tip - new flavor ideas always help!

This is interesting - certainly good to find a Protein drink that tastes great...

But with only 10 grams of Protein, it seems pretty low on the scale considering we are looking to get about 60 a day.

I kind of doubt I will go that route.

Folks I found a Protein drink called SPIRU-TEIN which is available at any Vitamin Shoppe in any mall or even online. It cost me 18.00 per 1.15 lb container. I have to be honest I absolutely hate the taste of Protein drinks and the smell but this one is the bomb! I have 8oz of skim with 1 scoop for Breakfast and another for lunch. I mix it in my best friend the magic bullet and I leave it in longer to make it thick. I feel like I am drinking a milkshake. I was told I could have Slimfast but I can't stomach the taste. I bought chocolate and Cookies and cream and they are both great. They have so many other flavors but I went with my obvious flavors I like. I am picking up a couple more this weekend.

Based on 2000 calorie diet the Cookies and cream mix contains

200 calories

0.5g fat

o cholesterol

150mg sodium

190g potassium

15g carbs

14g protein

The Vitamins are so high, most are 100% or more of your daily suppliment.

The chocolate mix has even less calories and carbs but I cant cut out anymore. I am just making it now without feeling ill.

I don't work for or own stock in this company but I love their product. My sister runs marathons and she told me about it and when I went for my psych evaluation I found out that the Dr had gastric bypass and used the same product because of the good flavor.

This is just my personal feeling and whats been helping me get into my 4th day and now 11.5 lbs lighter.

I just wanted to pass this along to try and help because so many posts on this board good and bad have helped me understand all of this. I dont think I had enough backup in doing this without everyone here.

Edited by Mr.Mike

I found a great portein drink at Costco! It's called "PROTEIN" by Premier Nutrition.

1 carton =1 serving - 30 grams of Protein, 3 grams of carbs, 160 calories. They taste really good!!

I found a great portein drink at Costco! It's called "PROTEIN" by Premier Nutrition.

1 carton =1 serving - 30 grams of Protein, 3 grams of carbs, 160 calories. They taste really good!!

I LOVE the Protein Bars they make.....mmmmmmmm good!!!

OK ,I was going to keep this to myself but...Nectar is truly the best Protein I have ever had. It comes in many fruit flavors, mixes easy with a spoon, 23 grams Protein, 0 fat, 0 carbs, 0 sugar & only 90 calories! What more could you ask for? I could open a protein supplement store with the unused containers I have. My stomach can't handle most whey protein powders or premixed like Slim Fast but nectar I actually look forward to. Right now I use it b/4 & after my workouts but should probably use it more like as a snack since I use up the protein to fuel my workouts. If you don't love this I doubt you will like anything else. It cost approx. $30 a carton & you can check it out on Bodybuilding.com or I got mine at The Vitamin Shoppe & Nutrition Depot.

Please let me know how you like it.

I've found I like the Necter Protein drinks as well. Thanks to this site I found www.vitalady.com and I can get samples of different types of Protein Drink. I didn't want to end up having a ton of containers of powder I didn't like.

Sometimes for a different twist I put in some SF syrups to tweak the taste some.

I'm experimenting before my surgery so that I know what I like and how I like them. Although I have heard that your tastes change after surgery. So maybe I'm doing taste research for nothing :)

The carb count and sugar count would just send me overboard!!!!!!!!!!! lol

I was really excited too.