Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are the banded Notorious Novembers???

We can do it !!! I'm hoping after this fiil by 30 by june will be a walk in the park !!!

WannaB see if they can pull out a 1/2 CC maybe that last bit was to much!! Keep us posted ((Big Hugs)) Don't give up :)

Memorial Day Challenge!

We're just all setting eprsonal goals for ourselves. Now we have each other to keep us going and to lean on for support.

Anyone is welcome. No certain weight must be met. Just having fun along the way and meeting new friends.

Had to go in after hours tonight to get an unfill. I could not even get hot tea down it was so bad. They took out half of what they put in yesterday. So they took .15cc out. I hope I this one works. I am still sore though from having everything hurt going down then coming up. Eeesh. What a day. But hey they weighed me again from yesterday and I lost 2 pounds. HA! I guess that is one way of doing it. :)

Had to go in after hours tonight to get an unfill. I could not even get hot tea down it was so bad. They took out half of what they put in yesterday. So they took .15cc out. I hope I this one works. I am still sore though from having everything hurt going down then coming up. Eeesh. What a day. But hey they weighed me again from yesterday and I lost 2 pounds. HA! I guess that is one way of doing it. :)

WannaB, i'm glad you went in. I had my 4th fill last Friday, Feb 20th, and i've been in the same boat, havent been able to keep anything but very thin liquids down, and they go very slowly. But last night i was able to eat some of a grilled chicken salad, and was not hungry at all after that! So maybe i'm ok. But that's the first meal i've been able to keep down since my fill. So, if I do OK today, i'm not going in. But if it happens again i'm going straight to my Dr. I'm glad that yours is better now. Amazing what such a small amount of liquid can do!

Good Luck!

Rhonda

Mornin' Notorious Novembers!

I'm in on the challenge - I have two mini-goals:

1. I am thisclose to fitting into a beautiful new outfit (size 18) that I bought intending to wear it to the Tyler Perry play "The Marriage Counselor". We have tickets for a performance on Saturday, March 14th, just about two weeks and a half from now. I think it's reasonable to lose 4 - 6 pounds in that time frame, which would put me into that outfit.

2. I want to be at least 25 pounds lighter by June 30th - we have a family reunion coming up during the first week of July in Florida, and I want to get into a new swimsuit for that week. The reunion is for my husband's family, and though we all share a proclivity for being heavy, I have gotten grief from a couple of his sisters for being heavy - go figure! I want to show them something new this year - and I'm going to be the smallest one there! :)

I intend to reach both of these goals by continuing to watch what I eat (goal is 1600 calories per day) and working out at least 4 days per week. I currently walk every weekday at work and at home, and I have a rowing machine at home I'm using.

Let's do this! :thumbup:

I have been the heavest out of all the wives in my family too. Not always but the last 5 years or so. Now I'm in the middle and will be the smallest by this summer. We all spend a lot of time at the lake- so I can't wait...

WannaB,

Amazing what such a small amount of liquid can do!

Good Luck!

Rhonda

I know they took out .15 last night and I feel ok today. Was able to get cottage cheese down this morning. It is weird that such a small amount makes such a huge difference. I still don't get this whole band thing.

Hand in there, but if you are still having problems eating I would go in and have them take out a little. Just that little bit will help.

Hey to all my Notrious November Memeorial Day Challengers (good lord that a mouth full). It seems as if excitement is in the air regarding all of our mini goals. I really think this a great idea. For me small goals are always better. Its a lot less overwhelming to take on losing 27 lbs than it is 80 or so. In my family no one is bone thin, but my husbands family...thoes women are so dam small i swear they could all shop in baby GAP and what aggrivates me is that they EAT like NFL line backers and never ever gain weight. they are lucky to have very fast metabolisms. But I'm lucky in that none of my family on either side has ever made any negative comments to me about my weight. They are all very supportive about my weight loss far. I'm excited for myself/for all of us!

I know they took out .15 last night and I feel ok today. Was able to get cottage cheese down this morning. It is weird that such a small amount makes such a huge difference. I still don't get this whole band thing.

Hand in there, but if you are still having problems eating I would go in and have them take out a little. Just that little bit will help.

Well, it was Not a so good morning or lunch time, so i did go in and have an unfill. She put in 1 cc last friday, and took out 1/2 cc today. i feel better already! I hope it stays this way! I still feel the restriction but at least i dont feel 'constricted'. Thanks! i'm glad you're doing better, too!

Does it ever hurt when you eat? I don't know if it is because I was so tight before and am still sore from all the pb'ing. Anyone else ever go thru this?

And I still don't get this. Your "sweet spot" is suppose to keep you full for 4 hours and not be hungry. I had to have Fluid taken out cause I was too tight and could not eat. Now I can eat again but am so hungry all the time. This makes no sense to me. I can't add anymore in there or I won't be able to eat but I am so hungry with what I have in there now. Any ideas? :thumbup:

Does it ever hurt when you eat? I don't know if it is because I was so tight before and am still sore from all the pb'ing. Anyone else ever go thru this?

And I still don't get this. Your "sweet spot" is suppose to keep you full for 4 hours and not be hungry. I had to have Fluid taken out cause I was too tight and could not eat. Now I can eat again but am so hungry all the time. This makes no sense to me. I can't add anymore in there or I won't be able to eat but I am so hungry with what I have in there now. Any ideas? :thumbup:

WOW I though i was the only one confused...lol... I just had a fill and I'm tighter than I have ever been and this morning i tried eating my eggbeater sandwich and CLUNK it got stuck in my chest !! It was the most painfull thing....I guess I didn't chew enough!!! I waked it out and felt it drop :tongue: I can only eat 4 oz's at a time and I have to go slllloooow but then 2 1/2 hrs I'm hungry again!!! :tt2: so you know what !!! I EAT !!! Small Protein small bits. I know the diffrence between head hunger and real hunger. I wait until my tummy growls to know hey it;s time because I'm still trying to figure everything out.

THe hardest thing is I work out at lunch and usually blow 500 calories at the gym that Breakfast lunch and two Snacks for me. One of these days I will figure it out.

I'm glad you had some fluid removed. I did hear that it takes a few days to feel releif from what you've been through. Best of luck and congrats on your recent weight loss.

Glad to hear someone out there feels my pain. (no pun inteneded, lol) :thumbup: I hurt even when I chew chew chew my cottage cheese. Should that hurt? It is not stuck, I can feel it moving thru the band and it hurts. Anyone else out there get this?

I had my fill 2 weeks ago today when I had revision surgery. It's only now in the past 3 days that I can keep anything solid down. I ate too fast and my supper came back up. TAKE IT SLOW and CHEW ALOT.

Hi all. Got laid off from my job last week. That lead to some pretty bad food choices. I am still pretty tight but have gained a few pounds. Good thing is if I straighten up what I am doing those pounds will come off in a day or two.

Other good news is that I already have a new job, this time working for a bariatric surgeon, if you can believe that. I would think that will help me to stay on target since I will be at the seminars and helping people get insurance approval for their surgery.

I'll give the MMD Challenge some thought and get back with you with my goals. I seem to have one good week surrounded by two not as good weeks....I lose a big chunk, then maintain for a while, then lose another big chunk. I am ready to be under 200 lbs and to get into nice airy pretty sundresses for spring.