Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Very Tired & Miserable

Hi all. Last night I got winded going up 4 stairs at my parents house. This made me feel just miserable. I am realizing how tired I always feel and how winded I get doing the most simplist task!!! I can't stand it anymore. I feel like I am jumping through hoops doing everything the insurance company wants me to do - once I have completed everything and paid hundreseds in copays - then everything is submitted to see if I am approved for the procedure - which bothers me a bit. I wish they could tell you ahead of time once they get the letter of necessit from my PCP - but the surgeons office told me I have to get the report that I completed my three month nutrition program with Aetna first - that won't be until December 30th - I have done everything expected - and waiting until after december to find out if approved is driving me nuts..The tiredness is getting to me and I feel just awful about myself because I am so tiredSorry to complain just having a bad day.

I know what you mean, I can't even take a shower without needing a break! I won't be able to submit until April... it sucks for sure!

Hi, I also have Aetna and I had to go through the same thing. % long months of Dr visits and still wondering if aetna will approve the banding. Well just be patient, they approved mine, I only had sleep apnea, but I have 115 pounds to lose. So if you really want this , it is well worth the wait. I get banded Monday, 11/10/08. Best of luck to you & stick with it!!!

Hi, I also have Aetna and I had to go through the same thing. % long months of Dr visits and still wondering if aetna will approve the banding. Well just be patient, they approved mine, I only had sleep apnea, but I have 115 pounds to lose. So if you really want this , it is well worth the wait. I get banded Monday, 11/10/08. Best of luck to you & stick with it!!!

Thank you both. Nancy do you have Aetna QPOS - that is the plan I have. I think the stress of thinking I could be denied makes me a little nervous..I am going to try and start walking in the evening again with my husband and hope that helps me feel better and not so tired all the time. Getting up in the morning is just hard anymore because I am so tired. I had the sleep apnea test and I think I to have a mild form of it. But I suffer from edema and hypertension.I wanted to start losing weight on my own to get prepared but I am also wondering if I still need to be above 40 BMI at the time of my last nutritionist visit on 12/30 or will it be ok if I lose some weight by then? Any help must appreciated.Glad you got approved - You ar being banded on Monday!!! So happy for you...when did you start the journey with the lap band?

I have aetna HMO. You really dont want to lose too much weight in the begining, that is why you want the band is because it is soo hard for you to lose weight. I started in June 08.I stayed the same weight for 2-3 months and then lost 5 lbs. Now on the pre surgical diet, I am down 10 lbs. You just dont want your BMI going below 40. until you get approval. The Girls in my Drs office know how to work with the insurence companys , so they will tell you what you need. Don't stress out.

I have aetna HMO. You really dont want to lose too much weight in the begining, that is why you want the band is because it is soo hard for you to lose weight. I started in June 08.I stayed the same weight for 2-3 months and then lost 5 lbs. Now on the pre surgical diet, I am down 10 lbs. You just dont want your BMI going below 40. until you get approval. The Girls in my Drs office know how to work with the insurence companys , so they will tell you what you need. Don't stress out.

Thank you - you have made me feel so much better.

hang in there it will be worth it. You will be surprised how much time is spent around food. For me the first 3 weeks were hardest. After that I feel great. No more shortness of breath and my body moves better and bettter. The most suprising part is that I really don't miss food like I thought I would. Yeah.

Don't give up. Remember the squeeky wheel. Good Luck and stay the course.

Marilyn