Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What's up June Bansters?

Bondgirl - you are kincking butt! We were banded the same day and I am only down 7 pounds post-op 3 pre-op. Wow - so many of you are doing so well.

I am getting the visit in the next few days - so I know that a few people said they didn't lose when Aunt Flo came to visit. I am hoping that is it!

Today I was sooo freaked out - I was in meetings all day and the only lunch break I got they only had mexican food. They did have that pureed chicken that they use in enchiladas and soft tacos - so I chanced it with like 2 tablespoons of that chicken with a little queso on it. I chewed for like 10 minutes a bit and everything turned out fine.

I am experiencing some tightness in my chest in the morning and I seem to "feel a little more restriction" then - does anyone else get taht tight feeling in their chest? is that what is always feels like?

Everyone is different, Soonergirl! It will come off for you. You are smaller than I am too so I may loose a little more quickly than you at first. It is great you have lost those 7 pounds. I am proud of you, band buddy! :) Keep me updated on how you are doing. It is great to be able to keep up with someone that did it the same day. TTYL!

Angie

June 23 bandster. Have lost only 15 lbs since pre op. I have been really bad but nothing seems to keep me full. I go for my first fill on the 20th and I am hoping for more restriction.

Hey, we're band buddies!! I'm with you on the hunger thang....but I'm also kind of struggling with mushies. I let myself get TOO hungry and then the mushies are hard to get down. I've got to better manage hunger.

15 lbs is AWESOME!! I'm only at 14 and all but one little pound was the first week. I've been on a two week stall now. Driving me nutty!!

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who did the licking thing (or chewing). But at least the Ultramet chocolate Protein Shake totally rocks and I feel really good after I have one. The place I use is awesome. I order on Wednesday around 3PM and it is AT MY HOUSE by 9AM the next morning (for only 5.95 total shipping). This girl rocks. Send me a private message if you want information on her. She is fairly local to me but STILL.

Bondgirl - thanks so much for the words of encouragement!!!!

I actually had a really good day today - I woke up and had lost 1.5 pounds and a skirt fit that hadn't since...... well, honestly it never fit - I loved it and they only had it one size smaller and I have never been able to lose the weight to get into it. today it zipped! so I actually fixed my hair and went to work, cried half of the way and by the end of the day - I couln't wait to take of the shoes and hose!! :)

My husband has been on a business trip, so he had not seen any of my weight loss to date and he came home today. He was very suprised how much he could notice 8.5 pounds - YAHH!

So, I am losing just at a little slower pace which my Dr. told me to expect. I moved to soft foods today, and they actually weren't as exciting as I thought they would be!

Thanks again!!!

Oh - and I have totally licked things!!!

That is awesome to hear Soonergirl! My scale deceived me yesterday and I have only lost 17.2 pounds! I will not get on another scale. I about cried when I got to the nutritionist's office. lol She said it is great though to have lost that much so far. My BMI is now 38.7 if I recall correctly. I am no longer considered Morbidly obese! YIPPEE!!! So that was a good thing to hear. I am now on mushie type foods and when I have a chance I will share what my nutritionist said today. I am just pretty tired and I want my bed. I will talk to you guys tomorrow! Keep up the great work Soonergirl!!!!!

Angie

Are you kidding me????? We have only been banded for two weeks today - 5.4 more pounds and you will already have lost 10% of your starting weight!!!!!!!!!

Good job everyone!!!

I posted this on another thread - but I have to share that I only paid $2.50 for a child's buffet portion today at dinner. Showed my card and no problems!!

I say Hats off to both of you...Soonergirl & Bondgirl. I think you are both doing GREAT. Stay postive and keep motivated and it will come off. You two are amazing. :-)

You guys are all doing so great!!! I have lost 15.5 pounds but I am stalled.

I was banded June 7 and I am DYING for a fill. I feel completely "normal". Like I did before the surgery. I can eat whatever I want. So BEWARE. But I am going to challenge myself for the next two weeks. I would REALLY like to lose 5 pounds before my fill. My fill is AUgust 1. YEEHAW! I cannot wait. I need it so bad. The other good news is that I must be completely healed. :)

GOOD LUCK guys. We can all do it!!!

Lindsay

lins - great job - over 15 pounds. I can already tell that things are getting so much easier to eat. I swear by those EAS coffee Protein drinks. They really seem to curb my appetite until later in the afternoon.

I have a vacation in a few weeks, so I really hope that I don't go over board not having a fill yet!

thanks to everyone for the support and BTW - can you believe we found this wonderful thing???? I think I am still in awe that this is all real!!!

:laugh :laugh :laugh

Soonergirl have fun on your Vacation. I am sure you will choose the right foods to eat. Thanks to everyone for the encouragement. Hopefully I keep taking the pounds off. I have been running after five kids so hopefully that does work! :) I think that is exercise enough.

Angie

Well, I know I've lost 12 lbs since 6/30. The last time I weighed myself was on 7/5 and I've lost more since then - my guess would be around 20 total.

I went to work today, just said I was on a diet (I'm still on liquids). The gals asked me if I had lost any weight. And, no one else said anything.

My husband, mother in law, mother, sister, nieces, kids, and everyone says they can totally tell - but I was so bummed that no one at work said anything. I'm really trying to not let this get me down - so I overeat (or overdrink as it were). I have been so sucessful so far. I fit stuff a couple years old and it's soooo fun!

I think I need my sister to give me some warm fuzzies : )

My O My...I know what you are talking about. I personally can't tell except in my clothes. Everything is baggy. My mom, sister and DH tell them can tell..I had one person asked me I had lost weight. I just think becasue I am so big no-one wants to ask me...One day I tell myself even I will notice. I was at a baby shower for my sister today around family I hadn't seen for months and not ONE person said anything to me NOT EVEN ONE!!! Oh well what do you do...keep going. :-) Hang in there.