Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Exercise Challenge

started.....jump in!

today -

5k, way slow time (45+min) and walked a 1/4mile. dragging after a wk of the flu.

Did a bunch of housework today. Not sure if I will do any actual walking a mile or so...we will see.

Glad to see this thread... I have been reading thru the exercise forum for encouragement and finally - slowly got on the treadmill for 20. I actually wasn't tired - but my insides jiggled and began hurting at about 12 minutes in. i was wearing the binder from the hospital, but it just didnt help; I dropped the incline completely and lowered the speed (even lower) while I was already very low. I just need to get in shape and won't let this stop me - I am encouraged by reading all of the amazing workouts here!

Way to go luluc!:biggrin:

Unfortunately, I have been lazy again this weekend. Haven't made it to the gym at all.:biggrin: I'll make up for it this week though.:cool2:

I've walked 30 min straight everyday since surgery on Weds. Of course when the gas kicks in, I usually get in another 15 min or so a couple of times throughout the day in addition to the 30 mins. Who would have thought I'd have walked everyday? How exciting!! I *know* we're required to exercise, but I've always hated it.. it's like the surgeon flipped a switch in my brain when he put in the band to make me focus on doing what I'm supposed to do... I hope this lasts for awhile :cool2:

im in too. today i played dance dance revolution three times. once in the morning and twice in the afternoon. probably about 15-20 min each time. tomorrow going to the gym to cycle and do the ecliptic.ill share my times tomorrow night

yesterday -

20min elliptical / 20min stairmaster

today - all cardio & 20mins of each:

treadmill (running) / elliptical / bike / treadmill (walking)

Hi, everyone! I'm in!

I've been lurking, but I've only had time to skim new posts and go.

We've been going to the gym in the morning and in the evening. (Halloween kicked my butt and old habits came up.)

But, I before that I was doing well, and now I'm back at it.

MY PROBLEM? I'm not losing anything except motivation. I'm steady at the same weight, and I'm losing energy! I'm so tired, and I thought more exercise would get me going. It's doing the opposite.

I spoke to a personal trainer and am considering forking over dough I don't have in order to get a good start exercising. He asked what I was doing and I told him running.

Then he asked me why. I was stumped. um....Cause it sounded good? I dunno!!!

His suggestion was that my heart rate was running to high and I was burning muscle and gaining fat.

Is this true??? Anyone have this happen to you? I'm not sure if he was sincere or just wants me to sign up for the service. (I really want to! I'm just really broke right now.)

What to do - what to do? I am not giving up, though...despite my 4 month plateau.

AND, he said that because I have high arches I need New Balances. Anyone know shoes???

I thought exercising would be intuitive...but, good grief...it's not!

First class of 60 minutes step aerobics, legs were mush!!! Finally got myself out of the treadmill routine though YIPPEEE!!:D

I'm walking 30 consecutive minutes daily and then every hour I'm walking about 8 min (15 laps around my living/kitchen area). While doing my laps, I'm working in some arm movements to help work the upper body as well. It's kinda addictive. :gasp:

Yesterday: two hours of technical mountain biking, plus one 25-minute walk.

Today: 55-minute walk (2.5 miles), and the first day of a new job, back to work after 2 months of unemployment. I wanted to do some weight work tonight but just couldn't do it - at this point I'm happy that I managed not to sedate myself with alcohol or comfort myself with food - it was a *hard* day!