Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone use a dlp projector for home theater system?

I have recently been checking into DLP projectors instead of a new TV for home theater viewing and was wondering what other people who have the systems think of them? What is good? what is bad about them?

The model I was thinking of getting in particular is the Infocus 4805- so if anyone is familar with this model I would appreciate any info you could pass on.

Thanks,

T

We use an infocus system but we use it to show movies outside....I did set it up in the family room and watched a couple of movies and tv for a few days in there. My boys LOVED it!!! a HUGE tv screen, we could NEVER afford a real tv that large!!! the only thing bad was a place to put the prjector that was not in the way while watching...

Good luck, We love ours for outdoors...but fun for a few days inside also

I used to have a Toshiba DLP projector when I lived in a loft downtown. It worked great. The pictures were clear and crisp. Since I had 20 ft ceilings I was able to have my projection on the wall at 108". I know the latest version of the Ti DLP engine works very well compared to the first generation engine that was in my projector. I had this back in 2001 when it was all brand new and the technology wasn't advanced as it is now days. The only draw backs I remember were that the lamps were $400-$500 and the unit got very hot. Now I have a 52" DLP television and it works great. I know that DLP technology produces a clearer and more precise picture than that of LCD technology. The colors are truer and the pictures are sharper. I have heard great things about InFocus units and I don't think you can go wrong. You can check to see if anyone has listed reviews for the model you are interested in on www.eopinions.com. Good luck with your purchase and feel free to email me with any questions.

Thanks for the info-- I finally chose to go take the plunge and got the 4805 and just hooked it up. I am amazed by how good of a picture it produces and the sound system that I got has made the audio great as well. The only bad thing is now I am going to spend more time sitting-- I guess I will have to take up another hobby that is a bit more strenuous to make for that.

T

I got a toshiba 62"DLP for 2200 brand new with full warranty from this comapny at digital1234.com, the prices are awesome and even with shipping I saved over 1K compared to best buy, then took the receipt into best buy and got the 4 yr extended warranty since they sell the exact same model for 400.00 cleanings included..lol

Check them out if you are interested in a new tv and stuff of the like. I delivered quite a few of them with my job so I finally looked them up and they were priced so good couldnt pass them up..

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches