Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

afraid I think my band has slipped

hello everyone i am new to this community and right now i am afraid that i have had slippage of my band. i had my surgery on may 29,2008 i have lost 24 pounds but i had a fill a week ago and since that fill i just did not feel right. i could not drink any thing or eat anything, everything kept coming up. i kept trying and a little started staying down then i experienced for the second time of not being able to hold it down,everything came out. today i was drinking juice and crackers and it came up with somthing very slimy that looked like fat of the intestine. now i feel like i did before i had the surgery, like the Water is going straight to my stomach. i can't even feel my port any more. help, i called my doctor and he said to drink liquids only and make an appointment to see him. i am really worried and can not sleep do any one know the signs of slippage.

hello everyone i am new to this community and right now i am afraid that i have had slippage of my band. i had my surgery on may 29,2008 i have lost 24 pounds but i had a fill a week ago and since that fill i just did not feel right. i could not drink any thing or eat anything, everything kept coming up. i kept trying and a little started staying down then i experienced for the second time of not being able to hold it down,everything came out. today i was drinking juice and crackers and it came up with somthing very slimy that looked like fat of the intestine. now i feel like i did before i had the surgery, like the Water is going straight to my stomach. i can't even feel my port any more. help, i called my doctor and he said to drink liquids only and make an appointment to see him. i am really worried and can not sleep do any one know the signs of slippage.

Signs of a slip can vary from person to person , It sounds like you might be too tight. Need a slight unfill. I have had just what you described to the point where i could not keep Water down and I did not have a slip , actually i had it happen twice ! Im not sure what the port has to do w/ it ,Not feeling it that is ? Might just not be able to feel it right now ?

But I would just wait and see what the doc says. IF you do have a slip MOST slips can be fixed by a total unfill , the only slips I have seen that needed to be fixed w/ surgery were REALLY BAD and you would know it.

It does not seem like it right now at least. But good luck let us know what happens. try to calm down and get in to see the doc asap

Mindy

Signs of a slip can vary from person to person , It sounds like you might be too tight. Need a slight unfill. I have had just what you described to the point where i could not keep Water down and I did not have a slip , actually i had it happen twice ! Im not sure what the port has to do w/ it ,Not feeling it that is ? Might just not be able to feel it right now ?

But I would just wait and see what the doc says. IF you do have a slip MOST slips can be fixed by a total unfill , the only slips I have seen that needed to be fixed w/ surgery were REALLY BAD and you would know it.

It does not seem like it right now at least. But good luck let us know what happens. try to calm down and get in to see the doc asap

Mindy

thanks at least this gives me peace a little until tuesday.

thanks at least this gives me peace a little until tuesday.

do you know why the reguritation of slime and the stuff that looked like my stomach lining? now i feel like i can swallow any thing and no resistance when earlier there was a lot of resistance

do you know why the reguritation of slime and the stuff that looked like my stomach lining? now i feel like i can swallow any thing and no resistance when earlier there was a lot of resistance

It could be "sliming" sometimes when you get stuck as a bandster its basically mucus ? Sounds like you got stuck on your crackers and you were sliming . Its your bodies way of getting the food unstuck to it starts producing mucus . was it yellow ?

It could have been stomach bile ? Stomach Bile is usually very acidy tasting ?

NOT pleasant at all.

Why you have restriction and now dont ? Its a daily question i ask myself .

that i cant answer ... sorry .

Mindy

It could be "sliming" sometimes when you get stuck as a bandster its basically mucus ? Sounds like you got stuck on your crackers and you were sliming . Its your bodies way of getting the food unstuck to it starts producing mucus . was it yellow ?

It could have been stomach bile ? Stomach Bile is usually very acidy tasting ?

NOT pleasant at all.

Why you have restriction and now dont ? Its a daily question i ask myself .

that i cant answer ... sorry .

Mindy

no it was not yellow just slimy and clear, possibly look like the baked chicken i ate three days ago before doctor told me to do liquids. i am retaining fluids but have use of Fluid pills from doctor and now i can feel the port but still feel like there is no restriction. thanks for your time and helping me through this. this is rough when you don't understand what is happening to your body and you get use to your body being one way and all of a sudden there is a change. like when i turn to a certain way it feels like pins in my side. i guess my doctor will have a ear full aye. thanks a million. this website is fantastic.

no it was not yellow just slimy and clear, possibly look like the baked chicken i ate three days ago before doctor told me to do liquids. i am retaining fluids but have use of Fluid pills from doctor and now i can feel the port but still feel like there is no restriction. thanks for your time and helping me through this. this is rough when you don't understand what is happening to your body and you get use to your body being one way and all of a sudden there is a change. like when i turn to a certain way it feels like pins in my side. i guess my doctor will have a ear full aye. thanks a million. this website is fantastic.

Sounds like your were sliming . Which can happen if you get stuck . Which is "normal" although it does not look or feel normal at the time .

I am glad you can feel the port. You know my band one day (Like yesterday) It allows me to eat an entire hamburger patty , the next day ( like today ) I cant eat but one small chicken nugget. You will think im NUTS for this but if you track it you will find it has ALOT to do w/ your band if your a person this affects. The barametric pressure can affect your band.

It affects my migrines and also affects my band.

Good luck and your welcoem for the help anytime !!

I have never been too tight, but I CAN tell you that it sounds like you definitely had some food stuck! Sliming is just un-fun. AND it ain't pretty.

Best of luck - it sounds to me like you're too tight, but you probably haven't slipped. Slippage usually happens when patients go way too long with a band that's too tight. Try to keep in mind that having a band requires maintenance ... You will probably need to keep going back for fills/unfills for several years. That's why I'm really glad that I like my surgeon!

Take care,

Sarah H.

mommom how are you today ?

Mindy

today is a great day, i was able to take half a Protein Shake today and eat more food for lunch and dinner a little. this is weird. sometimes i can and some times i can't . had to change my appoint to a late date however i feel better. thanks for asking and for your help, i was really afraid when i slimmed.wow!!!!! i thought my intestines werecoming out through my mouth. it really taught me to not eat fast,chew well and cut everthing up. the choking feeling is no joke.

I also would not worry about slippage yet either, it does sound like you are too tight. My doc says slippage happens mostly later,like a year or so out and if you don't follow the rules. I know that when you are too tight you can't even swallow your spit. I would just wait until the doc sees you! Hang in there

I also would not worry about slippage yet either, it does sound like you are too tight. My doc says slippage happens mostly later,like a year or so out and if you don't follow the rules. I know that when you are too tight you can't even swallow your spit. I would just wait until the doc sees you! Hang in there

Slips CAN happen at anytime, espically if your not following the rules !

So do not let the"Mostly later" give you any form of security ,

if your not following the rules and your throwing up you put your band in danger at ANY Point. And depending on your band, the placement ect ( and IF YOU followed rules during Post op diet ) it might not take A LOT of throwing up to slip your band. Too tight does not have to be you cant swallow your own spit either. When i was totally unfilled I was able to keep liquids down .

I was just relaying what my doctor just told me, sorry for the confusion, I think its best to see your own doctor

I understand that , but I am relaying what nearly ever other doc says. you CAN SLIP YOUR BAND PRIOR TO A YEAR .

ANd to think you CANT is reckless !!! Of course its best to stick w/ your own doctor. But its also important to relay accurate information .

I understand this is what your doctor told you but everything i have read, this is just not accurate.

Mindy