Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Questions??

Hi everyone! I was banded on Sept 24th. I have two daughters one is 2 and one is 17 years old. I have been under tons of stress between my job and my teen. I have noticed when I get upset my left side hurts and my band gets tight. I have not had a fill yet and am already experiencing tons of restriction. I can't imagine getting a fill. I also notice during this time, I for the first time since surgery notice and get irritated by my port. I just want to yank it out. I have lost 22lbs and the scales are not moving. That is not the big issue, but I have been a little down. I find myself not even posting on here the past week. I guess I just need a little reassurance and hand holding, to make sure I am normal. Thanks guys. I hope everyone is doing well. Tamara

I'm heading into the teens with my first son. The twins are 2 and a half. So I do have a sense of what you're going thru. My oldest prior to the band makes me wanna tear my hear out, and add the band, and the twins in... and I'm gonna end up bald. I'm positive of that. That said... We have to hold on. Life is hard. But we will make it thru. Take your two yr old for a nice long walk. It's amazing what a wonderful listener the two yr old is. :eek: I talk to my twins all the time. The one is starting to answer me back and on rare occassions repeat what I say. But hey... it's helpful.

Teri

Hi everyone! I was banded on Sept 24th. I have two daughters one is 2 and one is 17 years old. I have been under tons of stress between my job and my teen. I have noticed when I get upset my left side hurts and my band gets tight. I have not had a fill yet and am already experiencing tons of restriction. I can't imagine getting a fill. I also notice during this time, I for the first time since surgery notice and get irritated by my port. I just want to yank it out. I have lost 22lbs and the scales are not moving. That is not the big issue, but I have been a little down. I find myself not even posting on here the past week. I guess I just need a little reassurance and hand holding, to make sure I am normal. Thanks guys. I hope everyone is doing well. Tamara

Tamara, first of all - you need a hug :eek:. Maybe more than one :mellow::girl_hug:

A 17 year old, I am so sorry...... :w00t: You have entered the - "you are going to get more stupid every year until she is 25" - stage. Your Daughter wants to test you to the limits, spread her wings, and I bet she thinks she is all grown up and she knows what she is doing and why don't you understand. I am 53, have two grown children and THANK GOD I made it through alive.

I don't envy you. I bet if I had to guess you have stress which might be causing a muscle twinge and that might be effecting your port. I know sometimes at work my shoulders and neck get so tense and tweaked that I get a pain shooting down my arm, pinched nerve.

You might have restriction. Some Drs do it at the time of surgery. And I have heard that some people have more restriction at different times of the day.

My Nutritionist told me to walk, I swear she told me this just Wednesday, the more you walk the more you will loose.

Also, did you know that walking can relieve stress? I take a walk during lunch now. I am the Manager of an Accounting Dept. I have a bunch of DRAMA QUEENS working for me and everyday someone has some crisis. Walking at lunch has saved me from having a stroke. I put on my head phones, listen to my music and just walk. It actually feels good, must be those endorphins. Perhaps you could take your two year old for a walk in the stroller?

Anyway, I think more than that, you need to talk to someone. Teen years are hard for regular times. Your body has been through a recent stress, surgery, and you need to recover. Even if you don't post here, send a private email to any of us. We will be there for you. Sometimes you just need someone who understands to listen. It is awful to feel all alone. And you are not alone we are all here for you!

But, 22 pounds is terrific :cool2: When do you go for your follow up appointment. And you can always call the Drs office and talk to someone. Don't dispare, we are here if you need an ear.

Take care Debbie:smile:

I think Debbie said it perfectly. All I can add is an extra ((((hug)))) just for you. We are all in this together. I don't have a teenager yet, but I remember what a pain in the rear I was as a teen. I feel for you. I am happy to listen any time. Keep your chin up. When you think about we are supposed to average 1-2 pounds a week, and you have lost 22, you are doing awesome!

I think you are doing wonderfully. I was banded on 09/29. I have no energy and both my kids are gone. I do also have a stressful job and bad knees. So walking is hard for me, but I think I will just take a walk around the parking lot. Maybe help me with my "drama queens". I recently had a fill and had a little irritation around the port but I don't generally notice it. What I do notice is not being able to eat when I am stressed. I miss that the most of anything! Good luck to you.

Thanks for everything guys! My teen is still causing drama, but I am feeling much better. My Mom is here from Florida for a week, so I have someone to help me and to vent. I went for a long walk today. The super cold is coming so I will walk until I can't. I am joining the gym after my Mom leaves, I am sure that will help. Thanks and I hope everyone is doing well. Tamara

Tamihot,

Chin up, tits out ready to face the world. You will be fine especially if you continue to check in here to people who care, support and make you feel less alone.

Just ask and help will be here for you

Best wishes in everything regarding your band, job and family,

Take care

Deb

Hi I was banded the day before you. I am fustrated in that I have actually gained back a couple of pounds since surgery. I cant' seem to figure out my diet and I have very little restriction. Am waiting for my 6 week post op visit then wait some more.:thumbup:

I am definitely sure that stress makes my stomach hurt or my band is getting tighter. I have had my Mom here for over a week and have felt my stress with my teenager starting to subside. It is the normal teen things. " I don't think I should have a crufew, or tell you where I am and that kind of thing". Tonight I let my daughter go to a Halloween party, making sure she knew her curfew and that I really wanted her to be come tonight. She called frantic around 9 pm stating that her best friend had left the party early to spend time with her boyfriend in his new car. He was testing out how fast his new car would go, lost control and collided head on with another car. He is now dead and my daughter's best friend is in the hospital. I can only imagine what those parents are going through. I am just soo happy my daughter is in bed and home right now. I just hope I get the strength and wisdom to help her through this difficult time. Thanks for listening. Tamara

I am definitely sure that stress makes my stomach hurt or my band is getting tighter. I have had my Mom here for over a week and have felt my stress with my teenager starting to subside. It is the normal teen things. " I don't think I should have a crufew, or tell you where I am and that kind of thing". Tonight I let my daughter go to a Halloween party, making sure she knew her curfew and that I really wanted her to be come tonight. She called frantic around 9 pm stating that her best friend had left the party early to spend time with her boyfriend in his new car. He was testing out how fast his new car would go, lost control and collided head on with another car. He is now dead and my daughter's best friend is in the hospital. I can only imagine what those parents are going through. I am just soo happy my daughter is in bed and home right now. I just hope I get the strength and wisdom to help her through this difficult time. Thanks for listening. Tamara

Oh Tamara, this is a parent's worse nightmare. How lucky that your daughter didn't go with her friend to check out the new car. Your daughter must be so upset also. This must be quite a reality check for her. Hopefully she will understand that you love her and want her safe. I am so sorry for the parents of the young man and your daughter's friend.

When my daughter was a teen I would always imagine she was "dead on the side of the road" if she was late or didn't call. Now that she is a wife and mother, she understands.

Hang in there, everything will get better. Debbie