Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

After The Seminar

I went in for the required seminar, filled out and faxed back information pack as requested. Some of the test that will be required had been ordered by other doctors for some of the medical issues I was having. I had results sent to the surgeons office, I thought it might help smooth things, I also contacted my insurance as suggested. It's been over there weeks so I called and was told that the person who handled that was out and would call me. I still haven't heard anything. I expected some bumps along the way, but not before I could get started!! This is about my health and the delay in contact is making me nuts! Is this normal?:biggrin:

Hey! I see you are from King George, I live in Spotsy. Who's your doctor? I used Richmond Surgical and I have to admit, although I LOVE Dr. Brengman, it was a nightmare getting scheduled. Once I got my surgery date it was smooth sailing, but until then, I worried them to death. LOL

If they will do anything it will be done at MWH. I have had surgery in other places and if there is a problem there is a problem when you are home and it takes an hour to get to "your" doctor.

There are just so many questions about this and I hate that I can't get them answered by someone who is trained!!

I hear you about the drive to Richmond. I work on DC, so I was doubly worried about being so far away. However, MWH wasn't doing bariatric surgery when I had mine. They just brought in a new team this year. They had been doing them in the past and got into trouble because there were so many problems. This new team is supposed to be good. I just love Dr. Brengman though.

I think the real problem is that there are so many people clamoring for this surgery that not only are they overwhelmed, but I think the idea of customer service is a non-issue since they have more business than they can shake a stick at.

Stay after them. You know what they say, the squeaky wheel gets the oil.

Edited by SuzanneG

I had a surgery done at Georgetown and when I had a problem, and it was a big one. It was durning a hurrican late at night and only the "trainees" were working. Boy was it fun trying to get this kid to understand what was happening and for him to make calls and explain it to others. If I don't hear by the end of the week I will contact Richmond.

So sorry you had to go through that. I was worried about something like that myself, but everything went perfect.

I can't say enough nice things about Dr. Brengman. The man is my hero, that's all there is to it! :)