Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

whats everybody reading?

right now im reading laurel k hamiltons blood noir and just for fun im also reading skinny bitch by rory freedman ...its kinda funny mostly just mean ..lots of f bombs ...

i love laurel k hamiltons i have read all of her anita blake books

i also like mary janice davidson ive read all of the betsy books too..

looking forward to hearing about what you guys are reading ...:w00t:

I just finished the Twilight series by Stephanie Meyers. Loved it! I read all 4 in about a week, because they were that good!

Raising Cain AND The Pressured Child by Michael Thompson (non-fiction)

The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie

The Zombie Survival Guided by Max Brooks

The Birthday of the World by Ursula LeGuinn (short stories)

On of my students recommended Twilight and I will be reading that soon! As soon as a copy is available at the library!

I am always in the middle of a bunch of books, but I get bored easily so I read a few at a time. I have to read what suits my mood.

Yeah my sister got me onto the twilight ones when I was in hospital last year, there ok except the last one - not that great, now she has me on this eragon one/ same as the movie, pretty good so far.

twilight is on my list ...you should try mary janice davidson...undead and unwed is so funny I almost peed my pants at work...really...

I am not currently reading anything because I have been busy with school and my son's school... but i wanted to put in a word :biggrin: Has anyone read Janet Evanovich??? the stephanie plus series she writes is hilarious.. SO FUNNY.. if you ever get bored pick up Book 1.. It is called One for the Money and you will probably find yourself addicted..

Hope everyone is doing well..

Terry Goodkind-- I have 2 books left in the series of 12.... OMG. I haven't gone and bought them yet because I need to ration because I only have 2 books left and I raced thru the first 10. I was up all night a couple of times... And had to order the next books from the book store ahead of time because I knew I couldn't wait.

It is kind of like Harry Potter meets Lord of the Rings meets a seriously adult content commentary on social/political/racial issues with magic/wizards etc...... SO GOOD.

And let me tell you-- I was an English lit major in college and really love 17th-18th century English literature (ie- Charles Dickens, Jane Austen, etc). This serious is WAY out of my usual reading. Love it.

"Precious Blood" by Jonathan Hayes -- a brilliant author AND BANDSTER. He's a regular poster here, although he doesn't advertise his book on the site. For that reason, I'll keep his username to myself. Those of us who know him, love him. It's a brilliant crime thriller, in the vein of Kathy Reichs and Patricia Cornwall.

Also, "Shantaram" by Gregory David Roberts. A very thick book, but amazingly worth it. It is the autobiography of a man who escaped from prison in Australia, then went on the run, ended up in India living in the slums and became a psedo-"slum doctor". He ended up returning to serve out his sentence then setting up medical clinics and so on in the poorest parts of India. He is inspirational, and has an amazing way with words.

And, of course, for those of us who are determined never to eat junk foods again, "Fast food Nation" by Eric Schlosser.

I just finished [ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/90-day-Geisha-Chelsea-Haywood/dp/1741666414]90 Day Geisha by Chelsea Haywood[/ame]. I really liked it

Now I am reading Bitter chocolate by Carol Off, its a bit heavier in topic, but I think its going to affect me for the rest of my life (Fair Trade chocolate all the way!).

I'm reading "American Eve: Evelyn Nesbit, Stanford White: The Birth of the "It" Girl and the Crime of the Century" by Paula Uruburu. If anyone saw the movie "Ragtime," her character was played by Elizabeth McGovern. I usually don't read biographies, but when I read about the book, I was fascinated. I find the turn of the 20th century an interesting time.

I'm no nonfiction snob. I've got Janet Evanovich's latest to read next. I just read Maryjanice Davidson's newest Undead book. Next up, some new paranormal series entries from C.E. Murphy and Lilith Saintcrow. I've read all of the Laurell K. Hamilton books except the last couple. I used to love both series, but she's replaced story development with group sex scenes, and all those body parts get boring after awhile. If that's your cup of tea, fine. That's why they publish so many books. :biggrin: I like Charlaine Harris' Sookie series much better.